What too do CC?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

What too do CC?

Post by ODB »

I just about put this is the A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum thread but.

Whatever? :thumbs:

Some close friends of ours recently split up. It didn’t seem like a big deal because initially both parties said it was a mutual separation. The Dad stayed in the house with the two kids. I suppose I should have wondered about that but it didn’t really strike me as being weird.

As time passed more details came to light. She had an affair on him. Meh, she wasn’t happy, fulfilled ect. She left… it was only mutual because she told her husband she cheated and she’s in love with the new guy. Whamo’s, instant mutual separation!

They both had good jobs… they had a comfortable life. Not rich but they weren’t wanting for any necessities.

Being friends with both half’s of the couple my wife and I decided to not choose sides. Having an affair is a shit thing to do but she needed more, wasn’t happy and all that good stuff so ya, do what you have to do.

My wife blew a fucking gasket when we found out the guy our friend fucked is also married! He’s also extremely wealthy. My first thought was it’s their business. She had kids so what the difference? My wife isn’t as understanding. She thinks leaving YOUR two kids because you’re not feeling fulfilled is fucking retarded and is total bullshit but... messing with another women’s family, is totally crossing the line. She’s calling her ex-friend a fucking home wrecker in front of many of our common friends. My wife doesn’t care! Calls her a gold digger…. Lowest form of life…. Leach! Say’s stuff like if I was that women I’d kick her head in.

(side note, women do not like HOME WRECKERS)

Am I crazy for suggesting we should just stay out of this?

I told my wife I thought maybe she was going a little overboard with the venom... she gave me a look and I just knew this wasn't a battle I wanted to have any part of.

I was even considering trying to get them together to see if they could work things out but I don’t know. The wife seems to have taken this quite personal. (She grew up in a single parent home) They were good friends but my wife hates her now.

Any idea's?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: What too do CC?

Post by Cornuck »

ODB wrote: Am I crazy for suggesting we should just stay out of this?
No.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I dunno. Distract her with your penis. 8-)

If that's too short-term a solution...

Kind of sounds like your wife's looking to get involved in other people's business. I've noticed that bored women do this a lot. Maybe your wife is insecure about her own relationship and is therefore more threatened and outraged by this transgression than usual. Maybe she's jealous that this woman can just pick up and do whatever the fuck she wants, despite being tied down with kids? Does she have the same disdain for the dude that's cheating on his wife with this harlot?

If your wife is really this offended, tell her to stop being friends with this woman. She can calmly express to the homewrecker that she disapproves of her choices.

And then it's time to stay the fuck out of her business and stop talking behind her back to mutual friends.

On the other hand, this might be a good time to do a little undercover work of your own, Odes. Maybe you should visit said adultress on your own one day while the wife's busy and find out just how much of a dirty little whore she really is.

:twisted:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Cornuck wrote:
ODB wrote: Am I crazy for suggesting we should just stay out of this?
No.
I totally agree... but I have to be careful here. Technically I know she’s right… I may not totally agree with the way she chooses to express herself but I know she’s 100% in the right here.

Getting between a man and his wife and children is a shitball thing to do. Bottom line, you don’t do it. A women with children of her own doing it to another women is the worst of the worst.

Our social world revolves around 8 to 10 couples that all know each other. My wife is shit talking this lady. Everyone is to a certain degree but my wife is really letting her have it. Sometimes I'm just like wow! Did you really have to tell our mutual friends you hope the other women shows up at our ex-friends work and beats the shit out of her? A little harsh... no?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Even if your wife is pissed and hates the bitch, it is highly inappropriate for her to go to parties and talk shit about her. It probably makes everyone else feel very uncomfortable and makes you guys look prety bad.

I would have no problem picking sides though, your wife is right to do that. That other chick sounds like a fucking cunt, If someone did that to my friend I would want to kick her right in the box.

Sounds like the wife is just full of angst, so I would encourage her to phone the bitch up and rip her a new one. Then she will probably feel better and will be a little less likely to rant and rave in public (smile)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Potatoe1 wrote: Sounds like the wife is just full of angst, so I would encourage her to phone the bitch up and rip her a new one. Then she will probably feel better and will be a little less likely to rant and rave in public (smile)
Yeah, get her to sign up and post in Pot's thread.

It totally helps!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

You know what, on second thought, screw that homewrecking gold-digging twat.

Tell your lady to rat her out to the wife so she gets what she deserves in her employer's parking lot! With a baseball bat!

Swing battah swing!
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Rumsfeld wrote:You know what, on second thought, screw that homewrecking gold-digging twat.

Tell your lady to rat her out to the wife so she gets what she deserves in her employer's parking lot! With a baseball bat!

Swing battah swing!
But make sure its done anonymously. You don't want this shitstorm showing up on your doorstep.

I would also bet that rich dude drops her when the wife finds out. He has wealth and a little on the side. He'll get nailed in the divorce and his weekends will be filled with his time with the kids. Once he figures this out, he will "admit that he made a terrible mistake" and the wrecker will be left with nobody and will then be trying to reconcile with your buddy. In the end it could be status quo, but with some badly damaged bridges.
Last edited by Rayxor on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Oh the lady knows! :evil:

Her and her husband are trying to work thing out... I guess, who knows? Our friend is pushing for him to leave his family because they're "in love" (sic)!

I don't know... it doesn't really matter if it's a man or women. If some dude tried to split up my family I'd be super pissed. What kind of person fucks with someone's world like that? A cold, heartless, sad indivudual if you ask me.

And to make matters worse, she COULD be doing it for financial reasons? She says she loves him but he's very wealthy. My wife swears she's gold digging.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Sounds like your wife needs to deal with her feelings around this.

I don't know if her current method is venting in mixed company or what, but you might want to help her try a different tactic.

Either that or she just has different ideas about what's appropriate here. But based on your posts over the years it sounds like inappropriateness is more your thing than hers. :P

Anyway I agree with Pot - no problem choosing sides here. Doesn't mean the other person has to be dead to you, but this woman ended her relationship on bad terms and that's what put you in the position to choose..
Last edited by dbr on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ODB wrote:Oh the lady knows! :evil:
And to make matters worse, she COULD be doing it for financial reasons? She says she loves him but he's very wealthy. My wife swears she's gold digging.
Pretty easy thing to determine... is there a large age disparity between this woman and her adulterer? Does it appear that she could do much better in the looks department?

Does he have a winning personality and a great sense of--

Bwaahahahahah!! I almost typed that with a straight face. As if that ever matters!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No point in airing dirty laundry in public. Tell your wife to to STFU about it. It is not her business to gossip about. That seems to be precisely what your wife is doing, gossiping.

That said, distance yourselves from the bitch. She is exactly what your wife describes her as. Get the hell away from her. She made her decision to leave, leave she must. If anything, help your friend get a good lawyer and go for some of the gold her new man has. Get it for the kids......

Ohdee, if you don't get the hell away from her, next thing you know, your wife will be moving into my house 8-)
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Good advice Topper. I've seen this happen in my own family.
If your wife feels this strongly and was a close friend she may want to have a private talk with the women, but as Topper says it really is no one else's business.
Support the husband and especially the kids, but DO NOT smear the mother in front of them. We don't know how old they are but they will learn the truth in time and make their own judgement. If people start slamming her the kids will naturally protect her and this will only cause more problems. This is also good advice for the father. The best thing for him to do is let the kids know he is there for them.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Rumsfeld wrote:Pretty easy thing to determine... is there a large age disparity between this woman and her adulterer? Does it appear that she could do much better in the looks department?
The dude must have a Corvette.

Thats the real home wrecker here.
2011..... the one that got away.