This team needs more Scandinavians!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

This team needs more Scandinavians!

Post by Per »

OK, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here, in a response to the call that always pops up now and again that we need more Canadian players. But still.

Six Scandinavian Canucks (Dan, Hank, Sami, Edler, Sammy, Hansen) have so far racked up 41 points, or 6.8 per player.

Two French-Canadian Canucks (Burrows and Lapdog) have so far racked up 7 points, or 3.5 per player.

Five Yankee Canucks (Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Ballard and Alberts) have so far racked up 9 points, or 1.8 per player.

Eight Anglo-Canadian Canucks (Silent 3, Manny, Weise, Ham, Bieksa, Ebbet, Volpatti, Tanev) have so far racked up 10 points, or 1.25 per player.

One German Canuck (no, not Hoff, Sulzer) has so far racked up 0 points, but in his defense he has only played one game.

So clearly the analysis shows that this team needs more Scandinavians and Frenchies and less of the English speakers.

:wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: This team needs more Scandinavians!

Post by Meds »

Even though you are being tongue-in-cheek here, but you can take that tongue and stick in somewhere else.....
:twisted:
;)

Samuelsson is gone btw.....good riddance too.

BTW, do they fill 3 lanes on the rush in Scandanavian hockey? Or is it always a circle jerk along the boards with no second shot opportunities off of rebounds?

And as for more Scandanavian players.....two words: Tommy Salo. I rest my case. ;)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:OK, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here, in a response to the call that always pops up now and again that we need more Canadian players. But still.

Six Scandinavian Canucks (Dan, Hank, Sami, Edler, Sammy, Hansen) have so far racked up 41 points, or 6.8 per player.

Two French-Canadian Canucks (Burrows and Lapdog) have so far racked up 7 points, or 3.5 per player.

Five Yankee Canucks (Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Ballard and Alberts) have so far racked up 9 points, or 1.8 per player.

Eight Anglo-Canadian Canucks (Silent 3, Manny, Weise, Ham, Bieksa, Ebbet, Volpatti, Tanev) have so far racked up 10 points, or 1.25 per player.

One German Canuck (no, not Hoff, Sulzer) has so far racked up 0 points, but in his defense he has only played one game.

So clearly the analysis shows that this team needs more Scandinavians and Frenchies and less of the English speakers.

:wink:
That would make 10 ten Canadian Canucks, unless the constitution was rewritten recently...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hmm, and even more compelling trend is that the following 14 skaters have 51 points: Henrik, Daniel, Higgins, Burrows, Hodgson, Samuelsson, Malhotra, Hansen, Kesler, Lapierre, Weise, Ebbett, Booth, Volpatti.. whereas these eight players have just sixteen points: Salo, Edler, Ballard, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Tanev, Alberts, Sulzer.

This team needs more forwards!
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Right now only Sami Salo gets a pass from me. However, the others will come around soon I'm sure.

If you looked at all the teams across the league ... how do the vikings fair?

Don't forget that despite the elevated numbers our Scandinavians do have ... the team is loosing. It needs more heart. This too is tongue in cheek. ;)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

hmmm anymore Swedes ( Finns get a pass ) and we could rename the team the Vancouver Twinkies and radically change the uniforms to Tutu's..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

We could definitely use a 6'9 Slovak with a penchant for attempted murder.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

wouldn't the weak goals let in by Luongo and Schnieder count as points for the Anglo's?

What about the gifts from Bieksa... sure these guys didn't score any points, but they sure as heck helped the other teams score!!

quit selling out 'intangibles' on peoples skill sets... geez
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote: If you looked at all the teams across the league ... how do the vikings fair
how do the fair vikings what? Oh... fare... OK.

For obvious reasons I wil not mention Steen, nor Berglund... :?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah Per, if North Americans didn't suck so bad, the Vikings wouldn't look so good!

Give credit where's it's due man.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uhhhhh, fuckin' jaar eh!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Per wrote:
griz wrote: If you looked at all the teams across the league ... how do the vikings fair

You mean Winnipeg born Steen?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

dhabums wrote:
Per wrote:

You mean Winnipeg born Steen?
Yup. He should play there imho.

I'd also love to see Alex Sundström in a Canucks uniform, but alas - his knee injury seems to have prevented him from reaching his full potential. :(
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Sorry. English is my first language but I get mixed up with it's ridiculous spelling two sumtimes. :D
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

griz wrote:
Sorry. English is my first language but I get mixed up with it's ridiculous spelling two sumtimes. :D
Pretty sure you meant mispeling.