GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby coco_canuck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:I think Schneider is the far better option.


I think he gets the most value in return for sure, but I'd be reluctant to move him before the summer. I really like having a back-up who can play 25-35 games without the team missing a beat and having him as an option in the playoffs.

Hopefully by next season Lack will be ready to take over Schneids' role behind Luo. Only way I'd move Corey this year is if we can get a real stud in return.

I'm not advocating we move Cody for a rental, but instead for a player who will stay here for a while. He definitely has some potential and may work out on the wing, but if we can get someone who is a better winger and can fit with Kes, I'd look to make that move.

Potatoe1 wrote:There is probably less then a 10% chance you will ever get a player as good as Chris Higens with a 3rd round pick so the fact we get him for essentialy 3 years can only be considered a huge win.


I have no problem moving lower round picks and even 3rd rounders for players who can play and will stay for more than a couple of months. It can be a gamble if a player isn't anything more than a rental, but moving those types of picks won't cripple you if you only miss on a couple of occasions. The moves Nonis and Burke made with their 2nd and 3rd rounders really depleted the prospect cupboard for a few years because the rentals didn't stay for the most part and there was a dearth of players to step in those roles internally over the next few seasons.

Potatoe1 wrote:Weber got a pass.


Yup, but now he's been fined and will be treated like a repeat offender from here on in. Next time a similar hit happens he'll be suspended.
User avatar
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
coco_canuck wrote:I wasn't assuming he won't be able to make the transition, but since we're in a window to win the cup, and we do need another legit top 6 forward, he may be our most realistic and valuable trade chip.


I think Schneider is the far better option.

I wonder about Hodgson in the short term but he's shown enough early to make one fairly optimistic about his long term impact. It's quite clear he has the high end offensive ability the team needs, he just needs to get bigger, stronger, faster, etc. We likely wont get equal value until he gets measurable results and if he gets those then we wouldn't trade him anyway.

Schneider on the other hand has basically no future with this club and has about as good a track record as he can get while playing in the back up role.

Gillis should keep Hodgson, let him continue to develop, and move Schneider for a quality forward who can help in the short term.



Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.

I like Coho too but he isn't likely to get any bigger or much faster at this stage. He could however get stronger.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Meds wrote:I guess we'll now see if Shanahan is going to...


Ummm SCROLL UP! :lol:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.


I'm almost certain if Gillis were to trade Schneids he'd bring in a very strong veteran backup rather than go with Lack.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Unless Lack is ready to clean up the annual Luongo bedshitting routine there's no way i deal Schneider. I am not on the lynch Roberto crew but it's high time AV doled out the playoff icetime a little differently if Red Light Roberto shows up again. Then again if Corey can be dealt as part of a package for a certain young black power forward named after a heavyweight champ who grew up in North Van all bets are off. If its a deal for another smooth, smallish European type player to play in the top 6 I hang onto Ginger for the playoff drive.


I'm almost certain if Gillis were to trade Schneids he'd bring in a very strong veteran backup rather than go with Lack.


It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........


Agreed, just saying Lack wouldn't be the backup this year.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........


Agreed, just saying Lack wouldn't be the backup this year.


UMMMM EXCUSE me but you didn't agree with yours truly that this team needs a little more testosterone did you ? Did you?

POSTER BLOB - E ..... sometimes i don't give myself enough credit on this here message board.

I kinda miss TAFKATT. :) I know he likes the rough and tumble hockey .
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Strangelove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........


Agreed, just saying Lack wouldn't be the backup this year.


UMMMM EXCUSE me but you didn't agree with yours truly that this team needs a little more testosterone did you ? Did you?

POSTER BLOB - E ..... sometimes i don't give myself enough credit on this here message board.

I kinda miss TAFKATT. :) I know he likes the rough and tumble hockey .


The Artist Formally Known As The THINKER! :lol:

Yup, there's been quite a few of us screaming for true grit for a few years now.

Instead your Vancouver Canucks have become the most hated team in hockey. :scowl:

When the going gets TOUGH... for example in your STF... the TOUGH win the SC.

THINK about it! :mrgreen:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby mathonwy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:It's fine to trade the redhead Doc.... but whoever is coming back the other way needs to be a skilled player who also amps up the testosterone..........


Agreed, just saying Lack wouldn't be the backup this year.


UMMMM EXCUSE me but you didn't agree with yours truly that this team needs a little more testosterone did you ? Did you?

POSTER BLOB - E ..... sometimes i don't give myself enough credit on this here message board.

I kinda miss TAFKATT. :) I know he likes the rough and tumble hockey .

No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

No references to the Don Docksteader All Stars, no references to Magic40. :(
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby LotusBlossom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

mathonwy wrote:
No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

No references to the Don Docksteader All Stars, no references to Magic40. :(


:lol: Don Docksteader All Stars...

Image
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Predators | Oct 20 @ 7pm | SNET-VAN, 104

Postby Rayxor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 am

mathonwy wrote:No Don, No Thinker.... two of the greatest Canuck minds to have graced the internet aren't here.

No references to the Don Docksteader All Stars, no references to Magic40. :(

Sorry to be pedantic about it, but in this context that should read "two (2) of the greatest Canuck minds..."
User avatar
Rayxor
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 am

Previous

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest