GDT: Oct 18: Canucks vs Rangers - 7:00pm, TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

GDT: Oct 18: Canucks vs Rangers - 7:00pm, TSN

Post by Meds »

The Big Apple comes calling tonight at Rogers Arena bringing us our first look at Brad Richards in a Ranger's jersey. New York will be looking for their first win of the season against a Canuck's team that has been less than stellar and is struggling to put together their first consecutive wins of the year. Luongo finally got his first win in the team's last outing, though to be honest, it had nothing to do with him, regardless, look for Vigneault to give him the start in an effort to boost Fragile Lou's confidence.

The truly big news is that Kesler is expected to be back in the lineup for this game, and while I predict he will play somewhat limited minutes for the first few games, having him on the ice can only help. I really hope that Hodgson see's some ice time with #17.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Oct 18: Canucks vs Rangers - 7:00pm, TSN

Post by Per »

Great news that Kesler is back! :-)

I think that a lot of the success we had last year came from having two great lines, forcing the opponenets to not just focus on the twins. Higgins et al have done a quite decent job at providong secondary scoring so far this season, but having Kesler back will be a fantastic improvement.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: a Canuck's team that has been less than stellar and is struggling to put together their first consecutive wins of the year. Luongo finally got his first win in the team's last outing, though to be honest, it had nothing to do with him, regardless, look for Vigneault to give him the start in an effort to boost Fragile Lou's confidence.
wow Mr NEGaTORY !

Not gonna cut Luongo or the Canucks a little slack? :shock:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Yeah, got to agree with ukie...
Mëds wrote:Luongo finally got his first win in the team's last outing, though to be honest, it had nothing to do with him, regardless, look for Vigneault to give him the start in an effort to boost Fragile Lou's confidence.
An effort you are doing your best to undermine, eh? :roll:

:lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

A special Rick Rypien ceremony starts at 7:04pm (but I think can only been seen online), and TSN will pick up the game which is set to start at 7:15pm

Should be an emotional start
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Should be nice to see Kes back in the lineup. This is one of the games I can watch on MSG as they do all the Ranger games. I am looking forward to seeing Cody get some minutes with a very skilled player. The line of Hodgson, Kes and Higgins could turn out to be a major weapon. Little surprised at Tanev going to Chi but I get it. He needs big minutes right now and with Ballard playing like he can he will not get them with the big club. It is ironic that our AHL team should be in Chi. That means many of the Hawk fans will know our players when they come up. Might be the first time a Canuck gets cheered there in a while.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Just a quick tidbit before tonight's game.

The New York Rangers have scored one goal in their last two visits. 3-0 loss in one and 4-1 loss in other. The goal scorer for the Rangers? Chris Higgins.

Lundqvist was 0-3-0 with a 4.59 goals-against average in three previous starts against the Canucks.

Let's hope recent history is on our side tonight.

I love it when the Rangers come to town, not sure why :p , but I still hate those bastards! :evil:

I also feel that perhaps tonight, we can see the start of the November version of Roberto Luongo.

3-1 Canucks. Higgins, Danny, Ballard
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Per wrote:Yeah, got to agree with ukie...
Mëds wrote:Luongo finally got his first win in the team's last outing, though to be honest, it had nothing to do with him, regardless, look for Vigneault to give him the start in an effort to boost Fragile Lou's confidence.
An effort you are doing your best to undermine, eh? :roll:

:lol:
Per, stop undermining Med's attempt to be negatory.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Everytime Rags and Nucks play, they should wear their 94 colours.

Even though we lost, it was still one of the greatest times to be a Nuck fan.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

LotusBlossom wrote:I love it when the Rangers come to town, not sure why :p , but I still hate those bastards! :evil:
Not sure why? Let me remind you:

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:I love it when the Rangers come to town, not sure why :p , but I still hate those bastards! :evil:
Not sure why? Let me remind you:

:( That was an amazing run by the Canucks. 1 goal short, but they were never short on effort and heart. Probably why to this day, us old school fans cannot ever forget that magical run. Thanks Corny, now I really want those Ranger bastards to lose tonight!

GO CANUCKS GO!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

That still hurts. But what is really rubbing salt in the wounds is that bastard ended up behind our bench and that other bastard was wearing the C. Those had to be the darkest three years in franchise history.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

KeyserSoze wrote:A special Rick Rypien ceremony starts at 7:04pm (but I think can only been seen online), and TSN will pick up the game which is set to start at 7:15pm

Should be an emotional start
For a Debbie Downer night they should be playing the Stars.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Nice to see that one video can start getting people riled up for tonight's game. :D

Be nice to see the Canucks win this one.

From NHL.com: The Rangers haven't won a game in Vancouver since Oct. 11, 1997. In that game, Wayne Gretzky had his 50th career hat trick. Before that, the Rangers last won in Vancouver during the 1994 Stanley Cup Final.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Stepan - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust
Rupp - Newbury - Christensen

:shock: