GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7926
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:20 pm

T-BONE wrote: The Nucks were staying at our hotel. We had our jerseys on and hung out in the lobby as they were coming down to lad the bus. We're not the type of people to harass them so most players just walked by. But Luongo approached us of his own free will and chatted for a few seconds. Very cool and classy!
That's pretty awesome. Looked like there were a few Canuck fans at the game last night.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by Strangelove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:58 pm

T-BONE wrote: I was at the game last night
Question. Was it a Nuck fan who threw that hat out after the announcement?? :mex:


.
Last edited by Strangelove on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by Strangelove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 pm

trouble wrote: That was pretty funny about hordi, saying he was gonna get in the Canucks faces and get taken out in his first shift
Yes, that was HILARIOUS!!!

As was CBC's night-long display of love for the Coilers.

LOL omg orgasms were had....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9649
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by Topper » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:
trouble wrote: That was pretty funny about hordi, saying he was gonna get in the Canucks faces and get taken out in his first shift
Yes, that was HILARIOUS!!!

As was CBC's night-long display of love for the Coilers.

LOL omg orgasms were had....
well lubed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
T-BONE
AHL Prospect
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:28 am

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by T-BONE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:
T-BONE wrote: I was at the game last night
Question. Was it a Nuck fan who threw that hat out after the announcement?? :mex:


.
Ah, glad you asked as I forgot to mention that in my original post. The guy who threw it was in the same section as me and he was in fact an Oiler fan (or at least he was dressed as one). Dumbass is lucky he didn't cost his team a penalty.

User avatar
T-BONE
AHL Prospect
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:28 am

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by T-BONE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
T-BONE wrote: The Nucks were staying at our hotel. We had our jerseys on and hung out in the lobby as they were coming down to lad the bus. We're not the type of people to harass them so most players just walked by. But Luongo approached us of his own free will and chatted for a few seconds. Very cool and classy!
That's pretty awesome. Looked like there were a few Canuck fans at the game last night.
It was pretty amazing. We were completely star struck, I must admit. And yes,there was a fairly large contingent of Nucks fans as usually happens in the Alberta games. As far I could see, things remained pretty civilized before, during, and after the game which is always good.

User avatar
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 am

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 am

BCReefer wrote: If I was Ballard I would ask to play with the 1st or 2nd line instead of the scrubs on the third line. The D's +/- are based a lot on how well the forwards come back and right now the Canucks are horrible in their end
And if I was Aaron Volpatti I would ask to play with the Sedins instead of the scrubs on the fourth line.

Keep in mind that although he might not be playing with the Sedins up front all that often, he is not often playing against the other teams best players either.

User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: GDT: Oct 15: Canucks @ Oilers - 7pm - CBC, 1040

Post by Eddy Punch Clock » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 am

Corb wrote:I likes Dubnyk's strategy of literally not moving. :roll:

Here's a question, did Rollie Melansson play on his face most games? Just curious.
I remember he moved on at least one Canuck goal.

He was on his belly.
2011..... the one that got away.

Post Reply