Canucks Have No Balls

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Canucks Have No Balls

Post by ClamRussel »

Watching some disturbing events on the ice lately its really sunk home the fact the Canucks are a bunch of Eunuchs, Bieksa aside of course. I don't support vigilante justice but its clear the NHL has no intention on deterring it and protecting players who play within the rules, esp the star marquee players in the league. So what left, take it like bitches or stand up for your teammates and deter it from happening almost every game. The Canucks have no response when it happens, play the disciplined PP game, then later politely ask the perp to dance and if he declines, well thats ok. If the NHL actually DID something about this crap I'd be all for that. Fact is they don't.

Case in point. Disgusting display by Asham results in NO instigator, no unsportsmanlike conduct. Nothing.
What premeditated it? Beagle knocks Letang in the head popping his lid off.
Why did Asham INSTIGATE the fight? No one is going to pop their star players in the head and skate away.
Will it happen again? Maybe, but some players will think twice after seeing Beagle KO'd and bleeding on the ice.
Repercussions? None, not even an extra penalty to Pitt, in FACT it was Pitt who went on the PP. So much for the "discipline=winning the game" theory.

Case #2. Gaustad goes after Allen then bloodies Gleason.
What premeditated it? Allen hits Pominville a bit late in the neutral zone knocking him senseless.
Why did Gaustad instigate the fight? See above...oh ya and he has balls.
Will it happen again? Possibly, but it certainly won't be open season on Pominville who has some history of injuries.
Repercussions? None, nope no instigator again even though this fight was clearly INSTIGATED and payback for the big hit. Buffalo lost this game but it had nothing to do w/ the fight where they both received 5s.

Again, I'll state it, I'm not a fan of this kind of action but I'm also not a fan of seeing Henrik & Daniel either being speedbagged or driven head first into the boards from behind at high speeds. They can turn the other cheek over & over but how long until they retire early from back pain? Since the NHL clearly wont do anything to deter this kind of action (neither Eager nor Methot got suspended) I'm left with no choice but to applaud Gaustad and Asham (not for the classless taunting) for sticking up for their teammates and providing as much of a deterrent as they could. Sorry, politely asking Methot to go just doesn't cut it and how long until a Sedin can no longer play.

Our teams in '82 and '94 would certainly have had a much different response. I give Gillis a huge fail for not addressing this sooner. Sorry, Blitz, Duco, Pinizatto & Mancari don't cut it. We don't need goons here but spines would be a good start.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
darren
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks Have No Balls

Post by darren »

Your post is timely, since the Sedins completely disagree with you.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I agree Clambake. I'm not asking for Gillis to go out and get a 2 shift per game only goon. The line-up could use a bit more piss n vinegar throughout the line-up. Gillis would have been better off to spend the money he spent on Sturm on a player who fits that bill. Until then, the sand-kicking in the Canucks players faces will continue cause the refs have shown that they are not put an end to it. It's time for us to stop trying to hide behind the referees.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I would like to see the team bring Duco up. The thing I like about him is that he is a real cocky S.O.B., sort of that Napolean syndrome who can really get under the opposing teams nerves but can actually fight and will fight. We need a bit of that, he also has put up good numbers in AHL. The problem with Volpatti and this Weise is that they are bit too polite.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Case in point #3
Jannick Hansen's voice.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

We can only hope they'll drop eventually.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

darren wrote:Your post is timely, since the Sedins completely disagree with you.

Naturally the Sedins don't want to admit it (even to themselves)...and yes we all know they can take a hit, thats fine. Me saying the Canucks have no balls refers to them as a whole....individually they are not all soft. There is however a big difference in taking a hit & being run from behind and destroying their backs. Eager didn't even get a penalty on the play if I remember correctly, they both certainly didn't get suspended....and they both certainly didn't get majors+game (which they should have).

Do the Sedins need goon babysitters because they can't take a hit? No, I agree 100% with the Sedins.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:
darren wrote:Your post is timely, since the Sedins completely disagree with you.

Naturally the Sedins don't want to admit it (even to themselves)...and yes we all know they can take a hit, thats fine. Me saying the Canucks have no balls refers to them as a whole....individually they are not all soft. There is however a big difference in taking a hit & being run from behind and destroying their backs. Eager didn't even get a penalty on the play if I remember correctly, they both certainly didn't get suspended....and they both certainly didn't get majors+game (which they should have).

Do the Sedins need goon babysitters because they can't take a hit? No, I agree 100% with the Sedins.
We need The Courtnalls™ 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

I loved Duco in the preseason. I don't know why he didn't make it. Volpatti is okay....but oh well.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I remember the time in high school when a pretty tough guy kept harassing me. Then, when the Vancouver Sun asked me how things were I cried about how I needed some help. That made everything better.

The Sedins can take a hit, no doubt. That really isn't the point.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:I would like to see the team bring Duco up. The thing I like about him is that he is a real cocky S.O.B., sort of that Napolean syndrome who can really get under the opposing teams nerves but can actually fight and will fight. We need a bit of that, he also has put up good numbers in AHL. The problem with Volpatti and this Weise is that they are bit too polite.
Duco and Volpatti: Dancing with the AHL Stars:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sedins don't understand this part of the game?

THAT'S A SURPRISE!! :lol:

Daniel it's not because you're Swedish, hey Ohlund got it.

And I distinctly remember Marcus going public with his request for protection.

I believe it was before Steve Moore took him out.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote: Our teams in '82 and '94 would certainly have had a much different response. I give Gillis a huge fail for not addressing this sooner. Sorry, Blitz, Duco, Pinizatto & Mancari don't cut it. We don't need goons here but spines would be a good start.

Nor does Volpatti or Oreskovich. Agreed: FAIL Gillis.

(don't worry I'm not going to mention Clarkie) :mrgreen:

Clammy in July you and I were laughing at all these hopefuls.

Fricken Mancari was signed to a ONE-WAY contract....

I can understand letting Torres & Glass walk, but only if you bring in something better.

FAIL !! :devil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

dhabums wrote:
The Sedins can take a hit, no doubt. That really isn't the point.
Correct, that isn't the point, but that's not what they said.

They said: there did not need to be a "response" to the Methot hit. Of course, that's just what they are saying publicly.... maybe they are in the locker room or GMMGs office right now bitching otherwise, but I doubt it.

I claim: The only people who needed to see a "response" to the Methot hit were .... the fans, for emotional reasons that have nothing to do with anything that would actually affect the outcome of the game. If the Sedins were going to get run out of the league from hard hitting, it would have happened by now.
Strangelove wrote: Sedins don't understand this part of the game?
Maybe the reigning Art Ross winner knows more about hockey than you do? Just a thought.
Strangelove wrote: And I distinctly remember Marcus going public with his request for protection.
I believe it was before Steve Moore took him out.
And he got it. That sure helped, didn't it?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

darren wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Sedins don't understand this part of the game?

Maybe the reigning Art Ross winner knows more about hockey than you do? Just a thought.
I know more about this part of the game than the Sedins.

Most NHLers share my take on this part of the game.

Did you miss the part where Daniel said he doesn't understand this part of the game?

Of course you are entitled to your opinion there dareen....
____
Try to focus on someday.