Hockey Discussion - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Hockey Discussion - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - we're starting the season and since I know we're not going to win every game and be in 100% agreement around here, I figured that we should set some simple guidelines.

This site tries to be about respecting your fellow posters and their opinions. When you disagree with your fellow poster, there are few ways to express this:

The Good:

I guess that's what you believe, but I have to disagree and here's my reasoning....
I guess that 5 pages of debate aren't going to change either of our minds - so let's agree to disagree.

The Bad (don't make a habit of it):

WTF! Are you on crack? Did you EVEN watch the game?
It's people like you give all Canuck fans a bad name.
I know that I've said this about [insert player's name] 100 times, but I have to tell everyone again how I feel!

The Ugly (will be deleted, you'll get a warning and then banned if it continues):

You're a complete fucking idiot and your opinion means less than the shit I just scraped off of my shoe.

--------------------

I know that if I'm talking to my buddies at the bar, option C (ugly) has been used and might be considered fine conversation. Option B would be probably ok in most living rooms, but might annoy a few people.

In the end, discussions will get heated, opinions will be debated ad nauseum and all we're asking is that a civil tone is used. What might be ok between you and someone else, might not be ok with the dozens of other posters that read it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
porp
CC Veteran

Re: Hockey Discussion - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by porp »

Stop being a fucking nazi, man!

Haha - no, I agree absolutely and I think these are great ground rules. Any feelings on dealing with dead horses?

How does this site tolerate instant-responses to events, in 'game threads?' Like, "did you see that hit," or "wtf was that call," &c.?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I am not a rocket scientist, but when opening night is Thursday and game 2 is Monday you should expect some unimportant banter. Or just shut the site down for the weekend and save some energy.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dhabums wrote:I am not a rocket scientist, but when opening night is Thursday and game 2 is Monday you should expect some unimportant banter. Or just shut the site down for the weekend and save some energy.
wow we agree, you're not a rocket scientist :shock: :D

seriously though I do think that thread derails aren't always all bad especially two or three days after the GDT was started...but thats just my opinion
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

ukcanuck wrote:
dhabums wrote:I am not a rocket scientist, but when opening night is Thursday and game 2 is Monday you should expect some unimportant banter. Or just shut the site down for the weekend and save some energy.

seriously though I do think that thread derails aren't always all bad especially two or three days after the GDT was started...but thats just my opinion
I like when people still think "rocket science" is for smart people.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

porp wrote:Stop being a fucking nazi, man!

Haha - no, I agree absolutely and I think these are great ground rules. Any feelings on dealing with dead horses?

How does this site tolerate instant-responses to events, in 'game threads?' Like, "did you see that hit," or "wtf was that call," &c.?
More like an assistant to the dictator than a nazi... ;)

Sure -talk about the game while it's on or after - online cheers after a goal are welcome (especially if you're drunk off your ass) - just have fun, stay somewhat on topic, etc...
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

But there are just soooo many idiots out there to be 'reformed'

Message heard loud and clear Corn.

I'm sure we'll find harmony somehow. For some of us other CC folks a good debate was part of the fun and I think there was always an understanding of 'agree to disagree' no matter how vehemently we expressed our views.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Vpete wrote:For some of us other CC folks a good debate was part of the fun and I think there was always an understanding of 'agree to disagree' no matter how vehemently we expressed our views.
Nothing wrong with a good debate at all. We're just aiming to make the debates a little friendlier, not PC, but just friendlier. We've had discussions about this before the "Great Migration of 2011" - so it's not just the new folks.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Wildebeest...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote:You're a complete fucking idiot and your opinion means less than the shit I just scraped off of my shoe.
I sure as hell hope somebody gave you a warning for that comment, I'm sure the administration around here will ban you if it continues.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Mëds wrote:
Cornuck wrote:You're a complete fucking idiot and your opinion means less than the shit I just scraped off of my shoe.
I sure as hell hope somebody gave you a warning for that comment, I'm sure the administration around here will ban you if it continues.
:lol:

When B is not around, Cornuck is basically the administration, but funny none-the-less
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dhabums wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

I like when people still think "rocket science" is for smart people.
No thats rocket surgery.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hammer & Manny build playground @ a School

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocente ... &id=127603
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Hammer & Manny build playground @ a School

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocente ... &id=127603
If we start making life easy for refugees, they will stop trying to succeed.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

C'mon, it's a playground for kids who practically don't have anything.
dhabums wrote:If we start making life easy for refugees, they will stop trying to succeed.