Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Arachnid » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Topper wrote:Why joy ride your folks car when you can joy ride someone elses?


Ahhhh yes, Elizabeth's parents station wagon...well we didn't drive it very far...we didn't have our licenses then :drink:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Strangelove » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Topper wrote:Why joy ride your folks car when you can joy ride someone elses?


I was 14 the first time I borrowed the folks' car. :mrgreen:

Good thing they trusted me....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7093
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 pm

I used to borrow cars once in a while as a lad.

Apparently it's frowned upon by the authorities.

I really could have used a good shrink in my teenage years...
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Topper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:50 pm

I keep the latest in anti theft devices in my truck.

A manual transmission.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:53 pm

Topper wrote:I keep the latest in anti theft devices in my truck.

A manual transmission.


Ha! So true.

Learned how to drive on a stick. My dad's Ford SHO (he let me drive it once in a while but I don't have any pictures).
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 pm

ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
Image


Why are you letting someone else drive your car?

For whatever reason I don't let people drive my car. It's just my thing I guess....


That's me driving the car, that's my cousin beside me. lol
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Hank » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:
ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
Image


Why are you letting someone else drive your car?

For whatever reason I don't let people drive my car. It's just my thing I guess....


That's me driving the car, that's my cousin beside me. lol


S2000... Noice!

What the hell is Honda doing these days?! Their cars are homogenized crap.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Hank wrote:What the hell is Honda doing these days?! Their cars are homogenized crap.


A goil I date drives a '11 Civic. It's a nice little car to drive.

My standard tranny '89 Civic SI, however, was the stuff of legend. It's amazing I didn't kill myself in that thing. Oh, to be 16 again.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby LotusBlossom » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hank wrote:What the hell is Honda doing these days?! Their cars are homogenized crap.


A goil I date drives a '11 Civic. It's a nice little car to drive.

My standard tranny '89 Civic SI, however, was the stuff of legend. It's amazing I didn't kill myself in that thing. Oh, to be 16 again.


Drove with my friend across the country in her '09 Civic. Not a bad ride at all. Great on gas. I think we spent just over $300 to drive from Vancouver to Cambridge, ON. Now talk about great mileage! The everyday vehicle, an SUV, has terrible gas mileage...I go through that every 15 days city driving. :mad: A 90 litre tank is well over $120 to fill these days. Fucking taxes, but that's another thread.

Hank-- That's one of the older S2000's. They no longer make them either, but that's an 02 version. Didn't buy it new, but got a good deal on it. Less than 64K clicks when I bought it.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Hank » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Hank wrote:What the hell is Honda doing these days?! Their cars are homogenized crap.


A goil I date drives a '11 Civic. It's a nice little car to drive.

My standard tranny '89 Civic SI, however, was the stuff of legend. It's amazing I didn't kill myself in that thing. Oh, to be 16 again.


Dude! My first new car ever purchased: 1990 Civic Si. Yep, that's when Hondas were legendary. CRX Si, Integras, Preludes, etc. Lightweight, sporty, fun, great on gas, can be modded like crazy. Not to mention super cars like the NSX and S2000 when Honda was winning F1.

Honda in the last dozen years? Boooring. And don't get me started on manufacturers only offering auto and dual-clutch trannies. Save the manuals!

LB - S2000s are probably one of the best little performance roadsters ever made. I would love to find a used one as a second car... too bad I can't even afford a first car :(
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby ODB » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:46 am

LotusBlossom wrote:
Image


LotusBlossom wrote:That's me driving the car, that's my cousin beside me. lol


Ok, DON'T take this the wrong way but I thought you were in the passenger seat because the person driving looks big.... I've seen your picture and I know you're not fat (although it was years ago so if you have gained weight please don’t be offended) so I didn't think that was you. It must just be the angle of the shot. The windshield and side window obstructs the view of the driver and makes that person look fat.

But here-here for not letting anyone else get behind the wheel of your ride!

When I was 14/15 I stole my brothers black 1983 Z-28! At the time it was only a few years old and it was a sweet ride. I was smart enough to take it out of town where I wouldn’t get spotted by the cops. I was going way too fast on grid roads and put it in the ditch. I didn't do a whole lot of damage but I did get it stuck. BUSTED! Those were not happy times...
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Topper » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 am

ask Doc about what things look like through concave lenses
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby LotusBlossom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 am

ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
Image


LotusBlossom wrote:That's me driving the car, that's my cousin beside me. lol


Ok, DON'T take this the wrong way but I thought you were in the passenger seat because the person driving looks big.... I've seen your picture and I know you're not fat (although it was years ago so if you have gained weight please don’t be offended) so I didn't think that was you. It must just be the angle of the shot. The windshield and side window obstructs the view of the driver and makes that person look fat.

But here-here for not letting anyone else get behind the wheel of your ride!

When I was 14/15 I stole my brothers black 1983 Z-28! At the time it was only a few years old and it was a sweet ride. I was smart enough to take it out of town where I wouldn’t get spotted by the cops. I was going way too fast on grid roads and put it in the ditch. I didn't do a whole lot of damage but I did get it stuck. BUSTED! Those were not happy times...



In 2007 I was diagnosed and hospitalized for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). It made me gain 45lbs as side-effect and the contraceptive I had to be on didn't help matters. Not offended, just a fact. I've been battling with keeping myself down ever since. In a matter of 4 months, I went from a size 4 to a size 10 and have struggled with it for over 4 years. Pretty traumatic for anyone who has always been as small as I was. I'm happy to report since that picture (Spring 2011), I'm at a size 6, two more to go. My doctor has kept me on an almost paleo-style nutrition plan to help me with this particular side-effect, apparently it's working.

It's been a weird ride. But...my cousin can't drive a stick, so there would be no way she'd be behind the wheel of the S. :lol:
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 am

LotusBlossom wrote:
ODB wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
Image


LotusBlossom wrote:That's me driving the car, that's my cousin beside me. lol


Ok, DON'T take this the wrong way but I thought you were in the passenger seat because the person driving looks big.... I.



In 2007 I was diagnosed and hospitalized for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). It made me gain 45lbs as side-effect



Boy Spidey, quite the charmer.... :oops:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Best Used Vehicle for Under 5K

Postby ODB » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 am

Potatoe1 wrote:Boy Spidey, quite the charmer.... :oops:


Spidey? That was me! I didn't say it to be rude. I wasn't trying to be charming or rude. I've seen LB's picture and she didn't look like the person driving. I was just explaining why I jumped to the conclusion that I thought she was the passenger. Stop trying to make me look like the man in the black hat POT! Image

Kidding of course....

Sorry to hear about the PCOS, hope you get well soon LB!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron