Euro 2012

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Euro 2012

Post by Per »

Sweden beats Holland 3-2 and is now qualified for the Euro!!! :wave: :wave:

Twelve teams have qualified already:

Poland and the Ukraine as host countries.

Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Nethlands, Russia and Spain as qualification group winners and Sweden as best runner up. The other eight teams coming in second (Turkey, Ireland, Estonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Portugal and the Czech Republic) face another runner up in a double meet to decide who gets the last four slots.

Really good news! :)

This means I'll have something interesting to follow next time the hockey off season comes around... :P
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Euro 2012

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:Sweden beats Holland 3-2 and is now qualified for the Euro!!! :wave: :wave:

Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Nethlands, Russia and Spain as qualification group winners and Sweden as best runner up. The other eight teams coming in second (Turkey, Ireland, Estonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Portugal and the Czech Republic) face another runner up in a double meet to decide who gets the last four slots.

This means I'll have something interesting to follow next time the hockey off season comes around... :P
Sweden will win the World Cup when hell freezes over :twisted: ....oh wait a sec....hell is freezing over in 2012

Go Deutschland! :devil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:Sweden beats Holland 3-2 and is now qualified for the Euro!!! :wave: :wave:

Sweden will win the World Cup when hell freezes over :twisted: ....oh wait a sec....hell is freezing over in 2012

Yeah, not very likely, but we've reached the World Cup semifinals four times (which incidently is three times more than England has) resulting in one silver, two bronzes and one 4th place. Plus we won the Olympic tournament in 1948! 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Yeah, not very likely, but we've reached the World Cup semifinals four times (which incidently is three times more than England has) resulting in one silver, two bronzes and one 4th place. Plus we won the Olympic tournament in 1948! 8-)
1948? after all the good players were blowed up in the war?

All our good players go to Europe to play for their parents countires :(
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Arachnid wrote:
1948? after all the good players were blowed up in the war?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: All our good players go to Europe to play for their parents countires :(
Ummm i THINK you meant cuntries.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: All our good players go to Europe to play for their parents countires :(
Ummm i THINK you meant cuntries.
mmmmmmmm cuuuuuntires, gotta love those free spirited EuroTrash women though... 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So we get these four match ups:

Turkey vs Croatia
Ouch! That's a tough one, I'd say these are possibly the two best teams in this lot, and they face each other... :?
Also a lot of history and bad blood between the two. Interesting.

Bosnia/Herzegovina vs Portugal
Also pretty good teams, all parts of former Yugoslavia can present competent sides, but I definitely think Portugal has an edge here.

Czech Rep vs Montenegro
Same as above. No team from former Yugoslavia should be taken lightly, but I do think the Czechs have an edge.

... and the best saved to last:

Estonia vs Ireland! :lol:
Both teams outsiders by a mile and a half, none of them expected to have a shot at reaching the championship, but at the drawing of lots they got lucky and got each other.
No matter which team wins, their fans will be ecstatic and this will be their summer of dreams. :)

I'm going to root for the Estonians, but will feel happy for the Irish if they come out on top. 8-)
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Go England.

that is all
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Vpete wrote:Go England.

that is all
:lol:

Did you hear about Rooney?

Got a red card in the last game for kicking a Montenegro player.
Just got his verdict: three games!

That means England may already be eliminated from the Euro when he finally is cleared to play for them again! :mrgreen:
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Per wrote:
Vpete wrote:Go England.

that is all
:lol:

Did you hear about Rooney?

Got a red card in the last game for kicking a Montenegro player.
Just got his verdict: three games!

That means England may already be eliminated from the Euro when he finally is cleared to play for them again! :mrgreen:
Shrek is a tool. He plays like crap for England when it matters anyway. He may have done the team and country a favour!
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote:So we get these four match ups:

Turkey vs Croatia
Ouch! That's a tough one, I'd say these are possibly the two best teams in this lot, and they face each other... :?
Also a lot of history and bad blood between the two. Interesting.

Bosnia/Herzegovina vs Portugal
Also pretty good teams, all parts of former Yugoslavia can present competent sides, but I definitely think Portugal has an edge here.

Czech Rep vs Montenegro
Same as above. No team from former Yugoslavia should be taken lightly, but I do think the Czechs have an edge.

... and the best saved to last:

Estonia vs Ireland! :lol:
Both teams outsiders by a mile and a half, none of them expected to have a shot at reaching the championship, but at the drawing of lots they got lucky and got each other.
No matter which team wins, their fans will be ecstatic and this will be their summer of dreams. :)

I'm going to root for the Estonians, but will feel happy for the Irish if they come out on top. 8-)
Croatia, Portugal, Czechs and Ireland it is.

There will be a drawing of lots on Dec 2 to determine the groups, and with the host nations Poland and the Ukraine automatically included in Seeding group 1, the outcome will be a true lottery!

Sweden could just as easily end up in a group with Poland, Russia and Ireland as in a group with Spain, Germany and France...! :?

Seeding group 1: Spain, Holland, Poland (A1), Ukraine (D1).

Seeding group 2: Germany, England, Russia, Italy.

Seeding group 3: Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Sweden.

Seeding group 4: Denmark, France, Czech Republic, Ireland