EA NHL 12

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

EA NHL 12

Post by Rumsfeld »

Who's playing online?

I can't believe how much they slowed the game down in this version. They seem to have taken a lot of the skill and reflexes out of the game and it's WAY too hard to knock people off the puck, let alone hit them off their feet.

I was ranked in the top 1000 in '11, so I should be fine... I just hope they speed it up and adjust the tuner settings for a more skill-oriented experience. The physics are great but it seems like deflected slappers and cross-crease passes are the only regular scoring methods. Forget about regular skill-stick goals; they've neutered it and the goalies stop dekes 9 times out of 10.

My gamer tag is Rummy604. Miyagi, you're still due for your spanking. Any players on here look me up.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: EA NHL 12

Post by ODB »

I've been playing but not on line. Too may 12 year old mammyrammers! I don’t game on line at all unless I’m playing co-op with a buddy. We’re having fun playing Gears 3 right now. Smoke a bowl and feed some grubs lead!

I'm really liking be a pro mode. I always stuck to Dynasty mode but the addition of sim to next shift makes the be a pro mode much more enjoyable. I hated sitting and watching the action.

The game still freezes up all the time. Fuck me EA, get it together already. Don't touch any buttons after you fight or during the replay of a penalty and you should be ok.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ODB wrote:I've been playing but not on line. Too may 12 year old mammyrammers! I don’t game on line at all unless I’m playing co-op with a buddy. We’re having fun playing Gears 3 right now. Smoke a bowl and feed some grubs lead!

I'm really liking be a pro mode. I always stuck to Dynasty mode but the addition of sim to next shift makes the be a pro mode much more enjoyable. I hated sitting and watching the action.

The game still freezes up all the time. Fuck me EA, get it together already. Don't touch any buttons after you fight or during the replay of a penalty and you should be ok.
I get no satisfaction out of kicking computer ass. Online is where you find out how good you are.

Seriously, start playing online and look me up on PS3!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I started playing again, last time was in '05 and i'm truely amazed how this game has changed. :shock:

I love playing this HUT shit online, my record is pretty bad like 3-20-3 or something. Unfortunately i'm working the whole week, so i don't have the time to spent all my energies on this mess. :mrgreen:

I guess i'm going to invite you for a game soon....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I started playing again, last time was in '05 and i'm truely amazed how this game has changed. :shock:

I love playing this HUT shit online, my record is pretty bad like 3-20-3 or something. Unfortunately i'm working the whole week, so i don't have the time to spent all my energies on this mess. :mrgreen:

I guess i'm going to invite you for a game soon....
Nice!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Soon can be really short, are you ready in 10 minutes ? 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Soon can be really short, are you ready in 10 minutes ? 8-)
Sure, what the hell.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote: Miyagi, you're still due for your spanking
Whats this I see here? Some sort of homo-erotica video gaming? There is a time and place for this gentlemen and it's not here.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:
Some sort of homo-erotica video gaming? There is a time and place for this gentlemen and it's not here.
Yeah, but your apartment is so cramped...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Some sort of homo-erotica video gaming? There is a time and place for this gentlemen and it's not here.
Yeah, but your apartment is so cramped...
It's a townhouse Rummy, get your facts in order.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote:Soon can be really short, are you ready in 10 minutes ? 8-)
Sure, what the hell.
For the record, Rummy beat me 2 nothing but i had far more quality chances. I just can't score, damn. :mrgreen:

Goin' to the Hanson School of Hockey now. It's just about years to beat you in the foreseeable future.