MLB: Swing battah battah swing!!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: MLB: Swing battah battah swing!!!

Post by LotusBlossom »

Speaking of the Braves...time hasn't been kind to Chipper Jones. Wow, the man is looking rough.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LotusBlossom wrote:Speaking of the Braves...time hasn't been kind to Chipper Jones. Wow, the man is looking rough.
Chipper is a stud.... 4th best 3rd bagger ever behind Schmidt, Brooks Robinson, and G Brett.

Too bad PayRoid didn't move there sooner cuz he'd be the best easily. As an asside if DJ wasn't Mr Yankee one wonders if a manager would have the balls to put the far better SS in A-Roid over to his natural position.

DJ sucks ass as SS these days. No arm, little range and all instincts which isn't enough.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I'm really, really sad for Boston fans, did that sound sincere? :D
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I've always hated Chipper Jones.

I don't give a damn about his baseball skills, the name, the big head, the teeth, all say truth, justice and the american way.

The posterboy for uncle sam's brown shirts.

Rickey is GOD.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:Speaking of the Braves...time hasn't been kind to Chipper Jones. Wow, the man is looking rough.
Chipper is a stud.... 4th best 3rd bagger ever behind Schmidt, Brooks Robinson, and G Brett.

Too bad PayRoid didn't move there sooner cuz he'd be the best easily. As an asside if DJ wasn't Mr Yankee one wonders if a manager would have the balls to put the far better SS in A-Roid over to his natural position.

DJ sucks ass as SS these days. No arm, little range and all instincts which isn't enough.
Blob, I remember a very young Chipper when I was living in ATL and he was amazing to watch for sure. Great skill. But the rumours of his battle with the bottle seems to be showing on his face.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Rumsfeld wrote:Didn't the Braves have like a 9-game lead a few weeks ago? Oh well, screw 'em... they owned the NL in the 90's to the point that I wanted to slap my girlfriend every time the crowd sang that Aqua-Velva serenade.

Still can't believe she left me...

:cry:

"Be strong, Rummy," I whisper fiercely to myself. "You were too good for that cheating bulimic whore."

Be strong.
Not the Braves (I don't watch the NL as much) I don't think. I know Boston had a 9 game Wild Card lead 3 weeks ago and they ended up losing.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

LotusBlossom wrote: Not the Braves (I don't watch the NL as much) I don't think. I know Boston had a 9 game Wild Card lead 3 weeks ago and they ended up losing.
Braves had an 8.5 game lead at the beginning of September (Sept. 5th to be exact).

The Sox and the Braves both had enormous collapses.

The Red Sox was worse and because they are the Red Sox it carries far more weight. Like any Yankees fan will ever let it go :wink:

I actually prefer NL ball as there is far more strategy to it, the small ball I enjoy watching. Not a huge fan of the DH, having a pitcher bat requires way more strategy and the managers actually have to do something other than talk to the media.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Aaronp18 wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: Not the Braves (I don't watch the NL as much) I don't think. I know Boston had a 9 game Wild Card lead 3 weeks ago and they ended up losing.
Braves had an 8.5 game lead at the beginning of September (Sept. 5th to be exact).

The Sox and the Braves both had enormous collapses.

The Red Sox was worse and because they are the Red Sox it carries far more weight. Like any Yankees fan will ever let it go :wink:

I actually prefer NL ball as there is far more strategy to it, the small ball I enjoy watching. Not a huge fan of the DH, having a pitcher bat requires way more strategy and the managers actually have to do something other than talk to the media.
Yeah Epic Fails indeed.

I understand what you mean about the NL and being more strategic because of the no DH. Speaking of DH...Yankees are putting Posada in that slot for the ALDS :-s
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

couple decent games thus far with the best one so far being the Phils-Cards game tonight.
Fucking umpire behind the dish is all over the place tonight. Hard for the pitchers and even more difficult for the hitters. i can't believe that Cards runner blowing up Ruiz at the dish with that forearm to the chops. I'd brain the next batter if I was Cliff Lee. That was harder than the Wisnieuwski hit on Buttercup by a mile.

MLB might be the one sport officiated worse than the NHL. I'm sure the CFL officials are worse but they are paid like Mcdonalds workers so they really don't count.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

1st round is over. I was 2 for 4 in my picks. I wanted the Cards to Win but I really didn't think they'd pull it off. Carpenter was money tonight.....just fucking dealing.

I'm pissed that the Yanks are out but the Tigers were the better team. NY has wayyyy too much jack invested in mentally weak performers like Tex, A-Roid and CC Safattia. Yes George......errrr Hal we know you have tons of jack but pitching wins my man. Look at the 90's teams and that's how they were built. They also had grinders like O'Neill, Brosius and Tino. Too many headcases on this squad. Cut the dead weight and build around Granderson, Cano and Montero..... and leave Phil Hughes the fuck alone.

Going to be an interesting ALCS and NLCS coming up. I love this time of year. Playoff Baseball, NHL, NFL in full swing and turkey and beer as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing some family members this weekend and enjoying some good sports on tv .

Happy Thanksgiving
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:1st round is over. I was 2 for 4 in my picks. I wanted the Cards to Win but I really didn't think they'd pull it off. Carpenter was money tonight.....just fucking dealing.

I'm pissed that the Yanks are out but the Tigers were the better team. NY has wayyyy too much jack invested in mentally weak performers like Tex, A-Roid and CC Safattia. Yes George......errrr Hal we know you have tons of jack but pitching wins my man. Look at the 90's teams and that's how they were built. They also had grinders like O'Neill, Brosius and Tino. Too many headcases on this squad. Cut the dead weight and build around Granderson, Cano and Montero..... and leave Phil Hughes the fuck alone.

Going to be an interesting ALCS and NLCS coming up. I love this time of year. Playoff Baseball, NHL, NFL in full swing and turkey and beer as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing some family members this weekend and enjoying some good sports on tv .

Happy Thanksgiving
Enjoy your weekend Blobber, may your tankard not be empty all weekend and your teams win.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I can't believe Carpenter beat Doc Holiday? What a great game to watch.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jovorock wrote:I can't believe Carpenter beat Doc Holiday? What a great game to watch.
Tell me about it! I know a few friends in St Louis elated about it!

Like Blob, I'm disappointed in the loss to the Tigers, but the Tigers were a more complete team. Yankees need to invest in more pitching, IMO. CC can't do it all! ;) Although I was impressed with Robertson's inning from the pen keeping the Tigers at bay.

It's going to be a great championship series for both leagues! I'm an AL fan but I'd like to see the Cards make it to the World Series.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

ALCS today, Detroit fights back with a 5-2 win over the Rangers.

Cabrera had a good night. WOW!

Motown is in love with this team. I see this series going the distance.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I used to think Tony La Russa was on track for God status. Right up there with Rickey, Billy Martin and Andres Segovia, but that lameass senile attempt at loser Gene Mauch baseball he managed in the top of the eighth was it.

Dust bin.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.