From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Topper »

I hate the Flames enough to refuse expats hospitality.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

It shows you how bad the Calgary Flames' sports forum scene is. A quality poster, who likes the Flames, has to post on a Canuck forum. :shock:

Feaster's sausage like fingers are not quite done with this team. I suspect it'll take another year or so to take it apart :mrgreen:
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Corb wrote:It shows you how bad the Calgary Flames' sports forum scene is. A quality poster, who likes the Flames, has to post on a Canuck forum. :shock:

Feaster's sausage like fingers are not quite done with this team. I suspect it'll take another year or so to take it apart :mrgreen:
It's more to do with the maturity of the posters here than anything. I do post at Calpuck also, but not often.

I can see Feaster making another move before the season starts.

Topper wrote:I hate the Flames enough to refuse expats hospitality.
You're just holding out for a better offer :roll: BTW - I like some of your cooking/food prep ideas.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Quite a few of the Walmart greeters at CalPuck feel that Sven Bartschi is going to be a better player than Ryan Nugent Hopkins.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Quite a few of the Walmart greeters at CalPuck feel that Sven Bartschi is going to be a better player than Ryan Nugent Hopkins.
I think what a lot of people are saying, is the Sven is ahead of RNH in development. That doesn't mean he'll be a better player in the long run, it just means that he is a bit more NHL ready at this point, than RNH. They'll both be good players - I think RNH's upside is a lot greater than Sven.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Jensen is better than either of them... 8-)
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Much to the delight of most of the posters here (well, all except for me), the Flames have gotten off to their usual 0 - 2 start. :hmmm:

I'm disappointed, but obviously not surprised. Looks like another long season for the Flames.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BCExpat wrote:Much to the delight of most of the posters here (well, all except for me), the Flames have gotten off to their usual 0 - 2 start. :hmmm:

I'm disappointed, but obviously not surprised. Looks like another long season for the Flames.
Were you not listening???
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

BCExpat wrote:Much to the delight of most of the posters here (well, all except for me), the Flames have gotten off to their usual 0 - 2 start. :hmmm:

80 more Flames games for Canucks fans to enjoy.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

rats19 wrote:

Were you not listening???
Yeah I was listening - like I said - I'm not surprised. What a waste of setting up a Canadian satellite dish down here in Arizona, just to watch the Flames. It's going to be a painful 5 years or more.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

BCExpat wrote: Yeah I was listening - like I said - I'm not surprised. What a waste of setting up a Canadian satellite dish down here in Arizona, just to watch the Flames. It's going to be a painful 5 years or more.
Long time Canuck fans can relate to your predicament.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Maxwell Edison
CC Rookie

Post by Maxwell Edison »

sagebrush wrote: Long time Canuck fans can relate to your predicament.
I don't think I have seen a team as awful as the 1997-2000 Vancouver Canucks in a long time. The worst part was I was so optimistic that a team with the stars that they had was going to actually be good - really good and then of course they weren't they were bad, very very very bad. A few players turned into really good players (thank god they matched the leaves offer sheet for Ohlund and didn't accept Schneider as compensation for not doing so) which formed the mainframe for the resurgence in the early 2000s but when the big thing to get excited for is Bill Muckalt and Adrian Aucoin scoring a bunch of powerplay goals you know the team sucks. At least they were good at fighting I guess.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

sagebrush wrote:
BCExpat wrote: Yeah I was listening - like I said - I'm not surprised. What a waste of setting up a Canadian satellite dish down here in Arizona, just to watch the Flames. It's going to be a painful 5 years or more.
Smart long time Canucks fans went through memory extraction therapy. I remember 1982, 1991-1994 and post-Nonis. It wasn't totally successful, the Perreault debacle still lingers and I was only 1.
Maxwell Edison
CC Rookie

Post by Maxwell Edison »

2002-2011 has been a decent time to be a Canucks fan - they haven't won anything yet but there have been a lot of good players who have passed through. In fact I bet if you average out the past decade the Canucks will be one of the best teams in the league... granted St. Louis was also really good for a while so that means shit all I guess.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

dhabums wrote:
sagebrush wrote:
Smart long time Canucks fans went through memory extraction therapy. I remember 1982, 1991-1994 and post-Nonis. It wasn't totally successful, the Perreault debacle still lingers and I was only 1.
Yeah, I remember the Perreault debacle. It's amazing how the flip of a coin made such a difference in the early years. Not that Buffalo won anything, but they had a pretty decent team within a few years of entring the NHL.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked