GDT: Canucks host Ducks - 9/24 - 7pm - CBC, NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Ducks - 9/24 - 7pm - CBC, NHLN-US

Post by Cornuck »

Finally - I'm back home and can watch a game.

Tonight's lineup:

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen
Sweatt-Ebbett-Orskovich
Duco-Schroeder-Mancari
Lapierre

Alberts-Tanex
Parent-Sulzer
Connauton-Ballard

Schneider-Lack

Good mix of some vets and rookies - Hodgson is getting better line mates - Ducks are looking for their first pre-season win.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host Ducks - 9/24 - 7pm - CBC, NHLN-US

Post by Corb »

Murph tweeted slightly different lineup:

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen
Sweatt-Ebbett-Oreskovich
Duco-Schroeder-Dimitrakos
Fedoruk-Lapierre-Mancari

Ballard - Connauton should be an adventure :lol:
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen

I have been impressed with Jensen, hopefully this line has a good game
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Corb wrote:Murph tweeted slightly different lineup:

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen
Sweatt-Ebbett-Oreskovich
Fedoruk-Lapierre-Mancari

Hope Keith doesn't get dog-housed because Kevin Connauton play a lick of defense.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen
Sweatt-Ebbett-Oreskovich
Fedoruk-Lapierre-Mancari

Hope Keith doesn't get dog-housed because Kevin Connauton play a lick of defense.
Hey Hank, well being an experienced NHL veteren getting paid 4.2 million, Keith Ballard's play should not be dictated by green rookie. It's time for everyone to stop making excuses for Keith, he doesn't need a rookie D-mate to set the tone of that pairs play, should be the other way around, shouldn't it? Cody Hodgson has had an excellent camp playing with 'less-than-desirables'. Why can't he?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Really looking forward to getting a chance to see what Jensen can do tonight. Missed most of the game the other night that he played in. Will be interesting to see Hodgson going up against Getzlaff.. this may prove to be quite difficult. Hopefully he can build on his strong game against the oilers. I was amazed at how well he played in that game. Mostly on the defensive side, taking the puck from horcoff was good.

Figure this game won't end up in our favour. But thats not necessarily the point of pre season. Goalies should keep us in it though.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hank wrote:

Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen
Sweatt-Ebbett-Oreskovich
Fedoruk-Lapierre-Mancari

Hey Hank, well being an experienced NHL veteren getting paid 4.2 million, Keith Ballard's play should not be dictated by green rookie. It's time for everyone to stop making excuses for Keith, he doesn't need a rookie D-mate to set the tone of that pairs play, should be the other way around, shouldn't it? Cody Hodgson has had an excellent camp playing with 'less-than-desirables'. Why can't he?
Lol Dude! You're right, a veteran should play like one, no excuses. But your marionette SC can't see the difference when KB4 has to fight off 2-on-1s all night because your boy, the future ROY, is bone-headedly caught in the corners looking for quarters once again. SC gets easily distracted by Magic40 in his vision and his fingers are ready to start a new onerous 100-plus page thread. You must be yukking it up!

Besides, you've touted this "green rookie" enough times that I'm now convinced they let Ehrhoff go so Kevin Connaughton Playalickofdefense can run the power-play on the 1st unit and easily replace CE's offense. And since Aaron Rome is the better D-man and deserves more ice-time, I wonder why he can't play more than 2 shifts with Tanev and our excellent 4th liners without AV hiding him with KB3 or breaking up the other top pairs to accommodate him? Strange.

We'll find out in about 10 minutes...

Anyway Dude, I'm just kidding. Although you guys certainly made things interesting over at the other CC.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Hank wrote:But your marionette SC can't see the difference when KB4 has to fight off 2-on-1s all night because your boy, the future ROY, is bone-headedly caught in the corners looking for quarters once again. SC gets easily distracted by Magic40 in his vision and his fingers are ready to start a new onerous 100-plus page thread.
Hank, I'd cool it with the personal attacks against me.

And, on to the game...

I thought Hodgson was going to bag one with that slapshot - nice save by Hiller. I like how he is skating and working hard.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I think Jensen had that shot labeled for bottom corner there - to bad it hit a skate.

Nuck D gives Koivu time and space to cut to the middle and shoot, deflects off Blake's skate and in - 1-0.
Last edited by Benjo on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Hodgson with another chance, in the paint... knocks it down and swipes it on net, but Hiller got it.

...And now Koivu scores on Schneider with a wicked wrist shot glove side after the entire Canucks D backs in..

This will be a tough game for Canuck goalies! Schneider has already made point blank saves on Getzlaf and Ryan.

S_C
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Ohhh Parent. Second bad giveaway in this game. That's not going to help his cause - his claim to fame was reliable shut-down D.

Oreskovich-Ebbett-Sweatt create a glorious chance for Victor right in front... and he can't put it home. But he was in the right place.

S_C
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
Hank wrote:But your marionette SC can't see the difference when KB4 has to fight off 2-on-1s all night because your boy, the future ROY, is bone-headedly caught in the corners looking for quarters once again. SC gets easily distracted by Magic40 in his vision and his fingers are ready to start a new onerous 100-plus page thread.
Hank, I'd cool it with the personal attacks against me.

And, on to the game...

I thought Hodgson was going to bag one with that slapshot - nice save by Hiller. I like how he is skating and working hard.

S_C
You know S_C, I have to stifle a bit of a chuckle at your sensitive, innocent tone of victim mentality. After almost a year of non-stop "moderation" until the doors closed, you were certainly more constant over the top than a few scant mentions of your irritating ways from me. Is that considered a vicious sucker punch or cyber bullying from me? Or was your thread bullying causing posters to disengage and visit the site less?

But since Brian has been more than clear about "personal attacks" at this CC, I will agree with you. Let's have good discussions about this year and hope the Grabner word count is minimal over here, ok?

On the subject of Parent, I just don't see him ever sticking for long on an NHL club.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Agreed, Parent is Chicago/Kalamazoo(lol) fodder.

Here is the CBC tribute video for the players who died this off season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpaiVG1o ... r_embedded
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Do I have rose colored glasses on or do most of these 4th line tryouts seem like better hockey players in nearly every way than Desbiens/Bolduc/Volpatti from last season?
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Sturm with a sneaky little pass to Ebbett (who hadn't changed), but he can't bury it. (Sturm-Hodgson-Jensen)

Ebbett was reported to have a groin injury - eithr he recovered fast (yeah, right), or he is desperate to show something and beat out Hodgson and Schroeder. But I bet his groin is killing him this game.

S_C