Bertuzzi/Moore

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

volsungr
CC Veteran

Bertuzzi/Moore

Post by volsungr »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375814

Will be going to court next year.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Bertuzzi/Moore

Post by dhabums »

volsungr wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375814

Will be going to court next year.
Mostly likely will be settling out of court days or hours before. I sure hope Moore's parents get the millions they are seeking for their suffering.
Scintillator
CC Veteran

Post by Scintillator »

Moore has already received his 15 seconds of infamy. Tried and failed to play a man`s game; his elbow wrote a cheque that fecked his neck. So be it. :devil:
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Moore is a pussy and a piece of shit
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Jovorock wrote:Moore is a pussy and a piece of shit
I was hoping you were going to use the word "Rockets" in this thread to complete the trifecta.

Something like... "I wish Moore would just smoke some rockets, relax and realize just what a big pussy and piece of shit he is."

:wink:
2011..... the one that got away.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I remember hearing several years back when the lawsuit began that because Moore was suing a fellow NHLPA member, he was forfeiting his PA disability pension -basically gambling that a lawsuit would be more lucrative than the sure-thing of a pension. Once he lost his application to sue in Colorado, he basically lost the war. Damages in Canada are probably 1/10th what he would have received down there, and the delay has only seen the game become filled with more consensual violence and catastrophic injuries. That's why I doubt there will be a settlement - Moore needs the huge payday to make up for the pension and Bertuzzi's lawyers are smelling victory.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ESQ wrote:I remember hearing several years back when the lawsuit began that because Moore was suing a fellow NHLPA member, he was forfeiting his PA disability pension -basically gambling that a lawsuit would be more lucrative than the sure-thing of a pension. Once he lost his application to sue in Colorado, he basically lost the war. Damages in Canada are probably 1/10th what he would have received down there, and the delay has only seen the game become filled with more consensual violence and catastrophic injuries. That's why I doubt there will be a settlement - Moore needs the huge payday to make up for the pension and Bertuzzi's lawyers are smelling victory.
Not that I care about Bertuzzi, but Moore deserves it. He was a fringe NHL player that was trying to hit a jackpot with this incident...
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Jovocop wrote:
ESQ wrote:I remember hearing several years back when the lawsuit began that because Moore was suing a fellow NHLPA member, he was forfeiting his PA disability pension -basically gambling that a lawsuit would be more lucrative than the sure-thing of a pension. Once he lost his application to sue in Colorado, he basically lost the war. Damages in Canada are probably 1/10th what he would have received down there, and the delay has only seen the game become filled with more consensual violence and catastrophic injuries. That's why I doubt there will be a settlement - Moore needs the huge payday to make up for the pension and Bertuzzi's lawyers are smelling victory.
Not that I care about Bertuzzi, but Moore deserves it. He was a fringe NHL player that was trying to hit a jackpot with this incident...
BTW, this "incident" was a career ending injury that may or may not have caused permanent injury to his brain. I'm not onside with his ridiculous claim, but he certainly deserves to be compensated for his losses.
Scintillator
CC Veteran

Post by Scintillator »

dhabums wrote:BTW, this "incident" was a career ending injury that may or may not have caused permanent injury to his brain. I'm not onside with his ridiculous claim, but he certainly deserves to be compensated for his losses.
DESERVES compensation. Seriously?! Bums, have you so thouroughly guzzled the "entitlement" generation's koolaid that you truly believe this... or are you just a world-class troll?

Tell you what ~ he can have every penny that Naslund NEVER GOT because he quit playing 3 to 4 years earlier than he would have had he not been ELBOWED in the HEAD by that #@*#@&%!!! little bag o'turds. Nazzy was never the same once that punk laid him out.

As for anyone that wants to argue that Bert is somehow more culpable for his actions than the little pussy was for his, I just hope that if Bert ends up paying damages to the punk that the very next day Nazzy files suit to take 50% of his award. Not that Markus would ever stoop so low.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Scintillator wrote:
dhabums wrote:BTW, this "incident" was a career ending injury that may or may not have caused permanent injury to his brain. I'm not onside with his ridiculous claim, but he certainly deserves to be compensated for his losses.
DESERVES compensation. Seriously?! Bums, have you so thouroughly guzzled the "entitlement" generation's koolaid that you truly believe this... or are you just a world-class troll?

Tell you what ~ he can have every penny that Naslund NEVER GOT because he quit playing 3 to 4 years earlier than he would have had he not been ELBOWED in the HEAD by that #@*#@&%!!! little bag o'turds. Nazzy was never the same once that punk laid him out.

As for anyone that wants to argue that Bert is somehow more culpable for his actions than the little pussy was for his, I just hope that if Bert ends up paying damages to the punk that the very next day Nazzy files suit to take 50% of his award. Not that Markus would ever stoop so low.
I am world class, that's for sure. It's an overused term these days, but whatever.

What Moore did to Naslund was completely in the realm of hockey. Should have been a penalty. Should have been dealt with by our team at the time. It wasn't. That happens all the time. What Bertuzzi did is not a part of hockey. In fact, it's not even close. You may not have heard, but even our rather soft criminal justice system agrees.

Maybe when your kid is left unconscious and bleeding on the ice because of a sucker punch to the back of the head you'll come around. You know, when his lively hood and future are permanently affect. Hopefully you'll never have to find out.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dhabums wrote: I am world class, that's for sure. It's an overused term these days, but whatever.

What Moore did to Naslund was completely in the realm of hockey. Should have been a penalty. Should have been dealt with by our team at the time. It wasn't. That happens all the time. What Bertuzzi did is not a part of hockey. In fact, it's not even close. You may not have heard, but even our rather soft criminal justice system agrees.

Maybe when your kid is left unconscious and bleeding on the ice because of a sucker punch to the back of the head you'll come around. You know, when his lively hood and future are permanently affect. Hopefully you'll never have to find out.
We can argue forever whether Bertuzzi's punch was the main cause of Moore's broken neck or the players who jumped on top of Bertuzzi. Again, whether Moore had a NHL career to begin with is questionable. He was a fringe NHL player who could simply lose his job after one season. As I said, I am not siding with Bertuzzi nor saying that his action was right. I simply dislike Moore's greed.
Last edited by Jovocop on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Nobody ever mentions the stick....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
dhabums wrote: I am world class, that's for sure. It's an overused term these days, but whatever.

We can argue forever whether Bertuzzi's punch was the main cause of Moore's broken neck or the players who jumped on top of Bertuzzi. Again, whether he had a NHL career to begin with is questionable. He was a fringe NHL player who could simply lose his job after one season. As I said, I am not siding with Bertuzzi nor saying that his action was right. I simply dislike Moore's greed.
I actually do side with Bert on this, though not justifying his actions. I don't think Bertuzzi should be on the hook for any settlement here, as Jovo points out, the argument will forever rage over whether or not it was the punch or the dog pile that caused the serious injury to Moore's neck, but based on that (and the afore mentioned "entitlement generation" koolaid) Bertuzzi shouldn't be facing fiscal punishment alone.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

dhabums wrote:
If this happened to my kid and his name was Steve Moore I would of been ok with it. :D
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mëds wrote: I actually do side with Bert on this, though not justifying his actions. I don't think Bertuzzi should be on the hook for any settlement here, as Jovo points out, the argument will forever rage over whether or not it was the punch or the dog pile that caused the serious injury to Moore's neck, but based on that (and the afore mentioned "entitlement generation" koolaid) Bertuzzi shouldn't be facing fiscal punishment alone.
Bertuzzi is not facing fiscal punishment alone. However, it is ludicrous to think the other players in the pile should have some responsibility in this if that is what you are inferring.

I am a big fan of the wording many Canuck fans have taken to when describing Bertuzzi sucker punching Moore in the back of the head. "Errrr, I'm not agreeing with what he did BUT....". What he did was totally and utterly mindless. It was inexusable and embarrassing. If it happened TO a Canuck player I'd bet the reaction would be different. You know, like when McSorley slashed Brashear in the head. It's not too hard to imagine what this place would sound like if it was Brashear doing the slashing: "Stupid McSorley should have fought. What a pussy."