Rest in Peace, old buddy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey guys. So creeper's wife has extended his Legacy obituary guestbook in the Vancouver Sun for a year. She is making it into two books for Creepy's son Will and daughter Marissa.

Creeper's mom would love it if you guys felt like writing a little something there about Rob. You don't have to leave your real names or whatever if you don't want to. It would be cool for his kids to read things about their dad that they may otherwise never hear. Anyway, totally up to you guys but the invitation is out there.

http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/obi ... =152768438

And apparently creeper's Ma thinks you guys are brilliant. She loves your stuff! I tried to explain that you're mostly a bunch of idiots but she's having none of that!
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby rats19 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I would be honoured...but only from a computer not my frikken phone

Thanks.ma creeper..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Vpete » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Hey guys. So creeper's wife has extended his Legacy obituary guestbook in the Vancouver Sun for a year. She is making it into two books for Creepy's son Will and daughter Marissa.

Creeper's mom would love it if you guys felt like writing a little something there about Rob. You don't have to leave your real names or whatever if you don't want to. It would be cool for his kids to read things about their dad that they may otherwise never hear. Anyway, totally up to you guys but the invitation is out there.

http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/obi ... =152768438

And apparently creeper's Ma thinks you guys are brilliant. She loves your stuff! I tried to explain that you're mostly a bunch of idiots but she's having none of that!


If she could have read the other CC she'd call us geniuses!!
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 am

Rumsfeld wrote:Hey guys. So creeper's wife has extended his Legacy obituary guestbook in the Vancouver Sun for a year. She is making it into two books for Creepy's son Will and daughter Marissa.

Creeper's mom would love it if you guys felt like writing a little something there about Rob. You don't have to leave your real names or whatever if you don't want to. It would be cool for his kids to read things about their dad that they may otherwise never hear. Anyway, totally up to you guys but the invitation is out there.

http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/obi ... =152768438

And apparently creeper's Ma thinks you guys are brilliant. She loves your stuff! I tried to explain that you're mostly a bunch of idiots but she's having none of that!



Done rummy...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Vpete » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 am

Ditto.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Topper » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

DONE!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm

I just got word the brother of a good friend suffered a massive stroke the other day, a couple of days later and second massive stroke has had him declared brain dead.

The family is keeping the body alive to enable it use for organ donation.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby rats19 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Topper wrote:I just got word the brother of a good friend suffered a massive stroke the other day, a couple of days later and second massive stroke has had him declared brain dead.

The family is keeping the body alive to enable it use for organ donation.

Sorry tops...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:17 pm

rats19 wrote:Sorry tops...

Why?

I didn't know him, I may have met him once. I'm just amazed at the families thoughtfulness at a time of grief. Strength they should be proud of.

I also figured this was the appropriate thread to highlight that his body was fit for organ donation.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Arachnid » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sorry tops...

Why?

I didn't know him, I may have met him once. I'm just amazed at the families thoughtfulness at a time of grief. Strength they should be proud of.

I also figured this was the appropriate thread to highlight that his body was fit for organ donation.


You're an odd duck TopTop, butt I love you still 8-) are we brothers from anudder mudder? (yes that's the several IPA's from various breweries talk'n....) and we know you admired that shyserdistuber Creeps from a jealous afar... :P
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4907
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby CFP! » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I told my wifey about your passing tonight creeps.

She knows I frequent Canuck forums, but not the eye rolling, gut busting laughter PM's we had.

I tried to explain it to her, but an online death only really affects the person on the other keyboard. RIP bud.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby rats19 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:40 am

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sorry tops...

Why?

I didn't know him, I may have met him once. I'm just amazed at the families thoughtfulness at a time of grief. Strength they should be proud of.

I also figured this was the appropriate thread to highlight that his body was fit for organ donation.

Rescinded
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby Per » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:42 am

Topper wrote:I just got word the brother of a good friend suffered a massive stroke the other day, a couple of days later and second massive stroke has had him declared brain dead.
:(

Topper wrote:The family is keeping the body alive to enable it use for organ donation.
:thumbs:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby ODB » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Arachnid wrote:
You're an odd duck TopTop, butt I love you still 8-) are we brothers from anudder mudder? (yes that's the several IPA's from various breweries talk'n....) and we know you admired that shyserdistuber Creeps from a jealous afar... :P

Creeper didn’t like Topper. He used to talk in PM about getting him all the time. He also had a hate on for Toppers wife but I think that was more of an AB thing than a personal thing. Card carrying member and all!!!

But the truth Spidey... Creeper told me about some exchanged PM's between you and him just after we came to the Corner. You guys were discussing certain subjects that we'll leave between the three of us. In the second last PM I got from creeper he told me he's actually always liked RONALD! He said you were always a worthy adversary and it seemed like you actually enjoyed fucking around unlike certain other posters over the years that seemed to have legitimate break downs.

So there you have it. From the grave.... you know creeper always thought you were a cool guy.

Topper, not so much but it's ok because I think the feeling was mutual! :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Postby rats19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Thats pretty cool odewan...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest