Makes Ya Wanna Puke

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Makes Ya Wanna Puke

Post by ClamRussel »

I don't expect much support on this from all the proHST Liberal/Campbell fanboys on this site but seriously....if you at all believe in integrity this has got to make your stomach turn a bit. First of all Gordo wasn't even eligible for a nomination (according to their own rules) because at the deadline he still held his post as MLA for Pt Grey (he was padding his pension a tad more). Secondly, Gordo aside, are there 2 bigger piles of political scum than Dobell and Emerson? In BC, I think not. This province is fucked and the corruption is being thrust in our faces. Don't see it? Take off your Liberal glasses or get your head out of the sand. These 3 fucks are going to be marched out in Oct and be awarded the highest honour in BC and they should all have their asses thrown in jail.

http://billtieleman.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... order.html
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Makes Ya Wanna Puke

Post by Jovorock »

That's politics Clam, next thing you know Gordon will be on the 3 dollar coin called the we-nee
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

ClamRussel wrote:I don't expect much support on this from all the proHST Liberal/Campbell fanboys on this site but seriously....if you at all believe in integrity this has got to make your stomach turn a bit. First of all Gordo wasn't even eligible for a nomination (according to their own rules) because at the deadline he still held his post as MLA for Pt Grey (he was padding his pension a tad more). Secondly, Gordo aside, are there 2 bigger piles of political scum than Dobell and Emerson? In BC, I think not. This province is fucked and the corruption is being thrust in our faces. Don't see it? Take off your Liberal glasses or get your head out of the sand. These 3 fucks are going to be marched out in Oct and be awarded the highest honour in BC and they should all have their asses thrown in jail.

http://billtieleman.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... order.html
Bill Tielman is so far to the left he almost makes Layton look like a conservative.

So Tielman knows that it is certain Gordo was given the high commissioner post because of the HST?

Hmm most people with half a brain know that a smart move is to take the more charismatic and threatening possible opposition leaders and shuttle them off to nicer digs. Gordo in London and Doer in Washington.

Is he worthy of the order of BC- who cares but Tielman is pretty far off on some of his astute observations
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jovorock wrote:That's politics Clam, next thing you know Gordon will be on the 3 dollar coin called the we-nee
:lol:

Thanks Jovorock, I just spit out my tea.

As far as the honour goes...

1) I don't believe anyone who is a public figure and on top of that a government figure, who has been charged (perhaps he was also convicted, I don't remember) of a crime should be considered for the honour. Drinking and driving is a serious offense and luckily he didn't hit anyone during that incident.

2) As much as I looked into the HST and honestly voted Liberal for many years because I can't stand what the NDP did to the province of BC and raping public funds (which we all are still paying for), Gordon Campbell outright said he would not implement the HST and once they were voted in, he subsequently did implement it and told voters that 'it was for our own good'.

I also believe Campbell has done well for the small businesses in the province during his tenure. He has made it easier for that faction to operate. I, for one, am thankful, but I am not the majority of people in the province.

Say what you want about those that voted 'yes' to abolish the HST and that they are all uneducated 'middle earners' that had no benefit from it in the immediate present ...yada...but I think the point that Clam has been trying to bring out to everyone here is that our government lied to us, and forced a tax down our throats that wasn't explained or even really touched upon. He's simply asking us all if want our government to be like on any issue with us all the time?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:This province is fucked and the corruption is being thrust in our faces.
Because Adrien Dix, Mike Farnworth, Moe Sihota etc will surely improve things if/when they get power .

I am not a Liberal honk by any means but they are the only viable party in BC atm.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:This province is fucked and the corruption is being thrust in our faces.
Because Adrien Dix, Mike Farnworth, Moe Sihota etc will surely improve things if/when they get power .

I am not a Liberal honk by any means but they are the only viable party in BC atm.
I can't stand the NDP...they have done more damage to this province than we can all remember. Let's not forget that Glen Clark guy from yester-year... :D
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote: if you at all believe in integrity this has got to make your stomach turn a bit.
It absolutely turns my stomach Clammy!

But then BC provincial politics in general tends to do that.

Leading the nation in scandals/corruption by a landslide......
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Jovorock wrote:That's politics Clam, next thing you know Gordon will be on the 3 dollar coin called the we-nee
:lol:

Thanks Jovorock, I just spit out my tea.
Sorry LB, waste of good tea.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LotusBlossom wrote: I can't stand the NDP...they have done more damage to this province than we can all remember. Let's not forget that Glen Clark guy from yester-year... :D
and lets not forget that Dix was his #1 henchman.

Gordo, there are plenty of things I dislike about him but, he was elected Premier of this Province 3 times and has gone onto one of the leading diplomatic positions representing Canada.

I would suggest that those two items on his resume make him a fine choice for the honour.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: I can't stand the NDP...they have done more damage to this province than we can all remember. Let's not forget that Glen Clark guy from yester-year... :D

Gordo, there are plenty of things I dislike about him but, he was elected Premier of this Province 3 times and has gone onto one of the leading diplomatic positions representing Canada.

I would suggest that those two items on his resume make him a fine choice for the honour.

drunk or not.... :sly:

left=dry teat....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:

drunk or not.... :sly:

left=dry teat....
I want the floating Gin Palace of the High Commissioner to the Bahamas.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Vpete wrote:So Tielman knows that it is certain Gordo was given the high commissioner post because of the HST?
Umm, if you can't see that I don't know what to say. Yes, thats indeed what happened. Harper & Gordo aren't stupid, they both knew there could possibly be a major price to pay for deceiving & betraying the voters in this province. The fact this was a golden parachute is blatantly obvious, c'mon.
Vpete wrote:Hmm most people with half a brain know that a smart move is to take the more charismatic and threatening possible opposition leaders and shuttle them off to nicer digs. Gordo in London and Doer in Washington.
Opposition leaders? lmao. Gordo, like MOST of the BC Liberals are actually card carrying CONSERVATIVES at the federal level. This is the big joke amongst them, they laugh at us all the time. Trust me I know one of them. The party became a coalition after A) Gordon Wilson was ousted and B) the BC Conservative name fell so far it had NO hope of winning an election. The solution? The NeoCons infiltrated the Liberal party, ousted Wilson and took it over....for nothing else than the name/brand. FACT. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Gordo has been an ally of Harper from the get-go, to suggest he would run for the federal Liberal party (who are actually liberal mind you) is laughable. Haven't you ever noticed the BC Liberals are right wing and NOT liberal?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy