Tats: You Want, You Got 'em

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Tats: You Want, You Got 'em

Post by Arachnid »

I'm getting a tattoo this weekend (the girlfriend is getting some piercing work done too) and to show my undying love for our team I have decided on JC...

Which one do you think should adorn SpideyMonn?

If you got'em show you maggots :twisted: (or you girlfriends) and maybe, just maybe I'll showing where the piercing went :mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Tats: You Want, You Got 'em

Post by Strangelove »

OMG the aviator & whale ones are SO quaint!

Personally I much prefer something close to your first one....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:OMG the aviator & whale ones are SO quaint!

Personally I much prefer something close to your first one....
I thought the V was supposed to be a quaint 8-)

I'm sooooo confused....

Yeah, leaning to the lumberjack fur sure eh?!(it's in my blood ;) )

Love JC's history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Canuck
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I guess he looks a little glee here :eh:

Better here 8-)

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Why not just go with the initials "JC", it works on so many levels y'know!!

:twisted:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:Why not just go with the initials "JC", it works on so many levels y'know!!

Makes it easy for the girls calling "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus"

My father had tatoos on his arms, done when he was in the navy during the second world war,something about ships and anchors, but by the time I was a kid they were just amorphous blue stains on his arms.

I just thought, what the hell is that all about and never got into the fad when it hit 20 years ago.

Hey girls, how are those tramp stamps doing these days?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Why not just go with the initials "JC", it works on so many levels y'know!!

Makes it easy for the girls calling "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus"

My father had tatoos on his arms, done when he was in the navy during the second world war,something about ships and anchors, but by the time I was a kid they were just amorphous blue stains on his arms.

I just thought, what the hell is that all about and never got into the fad when it hit 20 years ago.

Hey girls, how are those tramp stamps doing these days?
' Nobody creates a fad. It just happens. People love going along with the idea of a beautiful pig. It's like a conspiracy.'

-Jim Henson

Y'know Toppers, I resisted getting one for years because of that, then I decided I can't let the buttplugs of the world ruin my fun. I've always planned on getting one so before la fine du monde I'm getting all the ones I want...besides I can't let the Suicide Girls have all the fun...

http://suicidegirls.com/

:)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I got one...

iIANVARIVS MMVIII

My son's birth date, inside right forearm.

I would never put anything to do with the Canucks on my body. That's not to say Spidey shouldn't. It's just not my thing.... I'll get more tattoo's but they'll represent turning / high / low points in my life. For me they have to mean something.

I will admit I've consided a full sleeve... Turning my kids birth and first 3 years into a sleeve would be sick IMO!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:My father had tatoos on his arms, done when he was in the navy during the second world war,something about ships and anchors, but by the time I was a kid they were just amorphous blue stains on his arms.
I was going to say, what's the spaghetti plate logo going to look like in twenty years..

Like Ohdee I don't think I'd get a Canucks tattoo. If I did, probably it would be closer to the first one, although I would go for the pre-NHL franchise red and black version.

I have a lemniscate inside my left bicep. I don't think I'd get another one any time soon, although I'm not unhappy with the one I've got.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

ODB wrote:I got one...

iIANVARIVS MMVIII

My son's birth date, inside right forearm.

I would never put anything to do with the Canucks on my body. That's not to say Spidey shouldn't. It's just not my thing.... I'll get more tattoo's but they'll represent turning / high / low points in my life. For me they have to mean something.

I will admit I've consided a full sleeve... Turning my kids birth and first 3 years into a sleeve would be sick IMO!
I'm with Ohdee here. Not even if we win 5 cups in a row would I get anything Canucks tattooed on my body. Don't have issue with it, it just ain't me. I have had work done on my back, chest and even rock a kick-ass half sleeve. They each mean something incredibly personal to me, with only my w2b knowing the significance of each. While I haven't had anything done for over 5 years, I'll never be done.

Don't have a kid yet though. :wink:
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

ODB wrote:I got one...

iIANVARIVS MMVIII
I didn't realize the Roman Empire had left such a significant legacy in Saskatchewan.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Poly/Malay Shark tribal tattoo. Could be interpreted in various lights but it has a special meaning to me, which I will keep to myself. Like many of you, I would never get a Canucks tattoo done, despite how much I love the team. This is all inner meaning and has everything to do with my family, especially my daughter.

PS it really bugs me when white people get South Pacifi/ South East Asian tribal tattoos thinking it's 'cool'. Kinda like when those that don't have Celtic links do the same thing...

parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

LotusBlossom wrote: PS it really bugs me when white people get South Pacifi/ South East Asian tribal tattoos thinking it's 'cool'. Kinda like when those that don't have Celtic links do the same thing...
I honestly have the exact opposite opinion. I get "bugged" when someone judges someone else's tattoo. Now a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo. We can all agree on that! And there are exceptions such as barbwire arm bands (don't under any circumstances walk out of a shop with a barbwire tattoo) Who am I just judge why some white person would choose a South Pacifi/ South East Asian tribal tattoo? Another one that gets picked on a lot are Chinese and Kanji symbols. IMO all it has to do is mean something. Put some thought into it! (and of course take the time to make sure the symbols are correct)

I'm a poser if I walk into a tattoo shop, look through a book and choose the Chinese symbol that may or may not actually mean loyalty. I mean loyalty... really! But I think it's different if someone takes the time to put together a phrase in Chinese, something that represents a significant event in their life. Choose the style and stroke of the symbols. Maybe put a symbol or two into a stamp design. Have a piece that flows… Just because I'm Canadian and white doesn't mean I have to be inked in English. That’s the cool thing about tattoos, they transcend cultures.

As long as people put thought into it and the ink represents something beyond something that's meant to look "cool", pretty much anything goes.

BTW, I still only have the one tatt!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..have we ever seen it.

My fav was Robs bull or dragon or whatever the fuck that thing was.

wtf is that thing on your arm wheels?

sheee-it brother!!!

lol
DeLevering since 1999.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

donlever wrote:..have we ever seen it.

My fav was Robs bull or dragon or whatever the fuck that thing was.

wtf is that thing on your arm wheels?

sheee-it brother!!!

lol
Yes, I spent 5 years refering to it as the purple unicorn. And everytime I'd say that he'd remind me it was a blue bull. :mrgreen: