Rest in Peace, old buddy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Post by Strangelove »

Creeper

You rose from the ranks of superior troll... to one of the best posters in CC history.

No one has ever come close to matching your combination of humour + wit + creativity + realness. You carried Central on your back for the last few years, thanks for that! You remain an inspiration to all who would increase their levels of expression & communication.

As I said to Ohdee just last night, you are one of the funnest/funniest posters EVER.

Wish I had told you that while you were still here....

LOVED sparring with you all those years.

(I know the feelings were mutual)

Sorry for “JackRubying” you big guy, but then I know you find the humour in EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the memories good buddy, we shall never forget.
____
Try to focus on someday.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Just horrible news. Condolences to all those that knew him and certainly to those near and dear that he left behind.

Seemed strange to think about a guy named Creeper while having a little extra cuddle with the kids tonight. But think about him I did.
randy3000
AHL Prospect

Post by randy3000 »

When EPC first got me to join Central I made a bunch of lame comments and Topper kept basically calling me an idiot in Topperese so I thought this is stupid... then I discovered Creeper.
I would go to the OF everyday basically to see what kind of shit he was disturbing that day.
For a guy who had limited writing skills to begin with, I bought into the posts where he was:
hilarious
an asshole
a genius
an idiot
happy
proud
mad
and
sad
Maybe that's because he really was all those things. He was by far my favorite poster.
I'm getting very sad writing this.
My deepest condolences to his friends and family.
R.I.P.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

My condolences to all of you who new him. We had recently exchanged some PM's and he seemed like a solid dude.

I know that he wasn't here long, but he was a solid Canucks fan and message board community contributor. If I may, and in honour of creeper and all his cyber buds, this forum shall now be called Creeper's Bar & Grill.

R.I.P. Creeper.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Brian CC wrote:My condolences to all of you who new him. We had recently exchanged some PM's and he seemed like a solid dude.

I know that he wasn't here long, but he was a solid Canucks fan and message board community contributor. If I may, and in honour of creeper and all his cyber buds, this forum shall now be called Creeper's Bar & Grill.

R.I.P. Creeper.
Holy Shit Brian... Thank You!

He deserves it, but would have never expected it!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
benivolent
CC Rookie

Post by benivolent »

Condolences to the family, and to you guys who knew him.

I can appreciate that, very clearly, there is history amongst you that goes waayyyyy back.

My thoughts are for you all who have lost a friend.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Jesus, not the news I wanted to wake up to. My heart goes out to the family.

R.I.P. creeps, you were the best.

:(
colonel_korn
AHL Prospect

Post by colonel_korn »

Sorry to hear... rats19 pm'd me on HFBoards to let me know.

I didn't know creeps all that well since he started posting around when I kind of drifted away from the "other" CC but it's always sad and a little weird to have a death in one of these lighthearted online communities... :(
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Creeper's Bar & Grill

That is awesome.

Talk about a place you should never judge by it's title? Fuck me I would never even think about heading into a place with that name, but think of all the fun/interesting things I would have missed.

Perfectly fitting.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Brian... so cool.

Thank you.

This has been a tough night but you guys have made it a bit easier.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I'm fairly new to these boards, but this news hits me hard also. I'm not a young guy -- I'm 57 years old. To see a guy that is as young as Creeper, die - just hits home extremely hard. My condolences to his family and friends.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

i just posted in the welcome to the refugees thread and saw this about creeper, and i am compelled to throw my 5 pence in.
the first time I saw a comment of Creepers was when I wandered into the OT board, he must have seen me coming because it said no IQ required and I mistakenly though anyone was free to post whatever they wanted without fear of be judged too harshly, litle did I know that the biggest critic on whole website owned the OT. like some black Balrog at the bottom of the mines of Moria, creeper awaited trolls and and idiots alike. he was not like Topper and his list which if you have to ask you are on it.
Creeper didnt like me and was creative and took delight in letting it be known to me. until I was more afraid of the OT than anywhere else, however, creepers genius was evident all through central and as other have pointed out Creeper was a hard guy not to like even some who didnt get a fair shake out of creeper had to agree he made it interesting

the last time i got a message from creeper was this past playoffs in the final round, there was a lot of talk about selling of souls for the Canucks to win game 7 and it was mentioned by creeper I made a comment comparing the wish to Homer Simpson and the infamous deal with the devil for the last doughnut in the fridge.. I forget how exactly but I drew a parallel between homer and the doughnut and Creeper and a pair of Grey cup tickets and for my reward I got a full laugh out loud acknowledgment from creeper. that meant more to me than anything else

On that site you know you have arrived when you are acknowledged by the likes of Don Lever, Topper, and a slew of others but it was creeper's stamp of approval that really mattered once you had his you were there.

Rest in peace Creeper
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Post by Mr.Pink »

Really nice move to rename the Bar and Grill.

Very classy.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Brian CC wrote:My condolences to all of you who new him. We had recently exchanged some PM's and he seemed like a solid dude.

R.I.P. Creeper.
Wow Brian!!

Thanks so much. He really was a guy you wanted on this site. Once you understood him he was the kind of guy no site/forum can do without!

Thanks.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

That is very sad news everyone. I can admit without a doubt that creeper was easily my favorite poster at the old CC. I am actually just sitting here chuckling just thinking of some of the many things he posted. He was an absolute beauty.

I will never be able to look at a roll of quarters the same way again. I will make sure to keep my lawn nice and trimmed, too. You never know who your next door neighbor is.

Over the last couple of years I had been really happy to see and hear he was doing pretty well with his family and seemed very content. It seems weird to be happy for someone you have never met but it happened...he grew on me :cry:

When I joined this CC J-Rod had tried a couple of times to open up some dialogue with me and I wasn't interested. In fact, I was annoyed. I had no idea it was creeper for at least the first week. I just never put it together. Haha something tells me he knew this and neglected to tell me because it was probably a little fun for him.

I can't really say much that hasn't already been said. He was an original. He was a beauty. He is a legend.

Rest In Peace creep.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.