Rest in Peace, old buddy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Post by Per »

Shit! He wasn't even forty! :(

That's sad.

Must admit that I first thought this thread was some sick joke, to stir up some emotions during the tedious off season, and that Creeper would suddenly emerge and tada...! Or something. It's just too bad that it wasn't so.

Really sad. My feelings are with his family. Terrible that his kids lost their father at such an early age.

I'll raise a beer to Creeper tonight. Here's to you, Creeps! :cheers:
Wherever you are...

:cry:

(Hey, could have needed that ole Central smilie with a polar bear crying in front of the Swedish flag now...)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Here you go Per,

Also,

I'll hug my girls a little tighter tonight.
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Post by Mr.Pink »

Very sad news. We lost a great guy.

I'll remember all the funny posts and the side best.

RIP Creeper
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am simply amazed at much this is bothering me..Its a god damned hockey talk board......But so much more you know? I am sure we have all spent time on the boards when shit wasnt going our way.. then creeps or another character would make us laugh or divert our our attention from ourselves to some ungodly who knows what trivial bullshit like thing..and boom away we go.. better than drugs better than alot of things.

I am not 100% sure but I think I remember 1996 or 97 on the rivals board. the background was black and I think it had red writing at that time I lurked for the most part. but over the years many many friends and I called some of them REAL friends...People who are real friends care.. thats all they care.. As much as anyone else out their, my wife for one who thinks this cant be real in anyway that could be considered real....can it? YOU FUCKING BET YOUR SWEET ASS ITS REAL......
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Creeper Gone ??? Wow! He was one of the most "real" characters at CC. He could be a real pain in the ass but he definitely seemed to have settled in with his new family.

Rest in Peace Creeps :cry:
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Post by Mr.Pink »

rats19 wrote:I am simply amazed at much this is bothering me..Its a god damned hockey talk board......But so much more you know? I am sure we have all spent time on the boards when shit wasnt going our way.. then creeps or another character would make us laugh or divert our our attention from ourselves to some ungodly who knows what trivial bullshit like thing..and boom away we go.. better than drugs better than alot of things.

I am not 100% sure but I think I remember 1996 or 97 on the rivals board. the background was black and I think it had red writing at that time I lurked for the most part. but over the years many many friends and I called some of them REAL friends...People who are real friends care.. thats all they care.. As much as anyone else out their, my wife for one who thinks this cant be real in anyway that could be considered real....can it? YOU FUCKING BET YOUR SWEET ASS ITS REAL......
I think it bothers a lot of people. And damn right, you get to know people and personalities for years going back to the rivals days and there are real friendships.

It's a lot more that just a messageboard.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

With a bit of trepidation, I google image searched 'creeper canucks central' - his fat thread hotdog picks came up! Munch away creeps! (edit: if you google phil mckraken canucks central some nasty stuff comes up :shock: )

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jesus Fucking Christ

Creeper?! Buddy?! Just when you came back...as J-Rod :lol: but you went out as the one we knew and loved....

A funny funny man he was, one of the best and a big reason I started a comic strip about the characters from the ol' CC.

I will hoist many a pint for my cyber-friend, a noble and honest shitdisturber

My thoughts are with his family...and condolences Rummy. Thank you for sharing this.
I was wondering where he has been the past weeks, he never replied to my PM...

We may not all know each other in person but it is somewhat of a family. You, we lost one of the good ones...

:cry:

SpideyRonn
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

My Condolences to all of you for losing your cyber-buddy. I could tell from all of the noise when you arrived here that you were a close-knit group, with creeper being deeply involved.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

From around the time I turned 29, I have not been able to make it through a night without getting up to piss at least 6 times. I was tested for STD's which came up negative. I also underwent a lengthly course of antibiotics. When that didn't work my family MD booked me for an appointment with a urologist. Six months later, I was at Lions Gate Hospital with a tube the size of a McDonald's straw shoved up my cock and into my bladder. Talk about being owned!

Non bacterial prostatitis.

Or arthritis of my prostate.... as the good doctor said.

Wayback machine.... frustrating because most of it doesn't work but at same time a godsend seeing as the rent a cop all but erased creepers cyber existence!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Sweet avatar! Fuck, that brings me back.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

I'm never going to look at Molly Ringwald the same way.

OD that was one his greatest shots and you took it and ran with it. Fuck when he nailed one it was great.

The poor guy. I've been a real testy c-unt around the house tonight and I can't explain to the wife that I lost a friend today that I never met. I shared some pretty real things with him and he was open and kind and so brutally honest.

We need a CC wake for Creeps. God bless you man.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I'm seriously bummed out too Pete <-----

Petes Picks!

Yep, he called me Molly for five years.

It's so sick...
creeper post Oct 6 2007, 05:06 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

You say your wife and mother in law are both chefs so I'm thinking they probably do a kick ass turkey dinner.

How do they do the bird? I heard roasting it upside down keeps the breast extra juicy. The downside being the skin doesn't brown and therefore takes away from the presentation.

Any interesting side dishes to talk about?

One day I 'm gonna rent a full sized deep fryer and do a turkey right!

You only live once!
I've been at this for two hours... time to stop (for now) it's not helping! :(
Last edited by ODB on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I waybacked all day too.....well thw last half of it anyways...at least its not all gone...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Post by Mr.Pink »

The last pm I got from Creeper was after the first period of game 7 where he told me that he had donated $50 to the site according to our bet to hopefully add some good karma for the Canucks.

He's going to be missed for sure and I will be raising a pint today in his memory.