Rest in Peace, old buddy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Rest in Peace, old buddy

Post by Rumsfeld »

This post is for all the centralites who got to know our wacky and wonderful pal creeper over the years. This is not a joke.

My pal of 20+ years, my old drinking buddy and workout partner, one of the best friends I've ever had, passed away suddenly on July 18th. He leaves behind two young children, a wife, and a busload of friends.

I wasn't as close with Rob in the last few years of his life and so I have just learned this devastating news today. Rob was a big man with a big heart and underneath his tough exterior I always though he was a softie.

I introduced the character you all knew as creeper to CC back in 2005, and as you know, he ran with it from there. He loved the OF and he loved messing with you guys... but he really liked some of you as well.

Rob battled his share of demons over the years, and he conquered most of them. He was a fighter and a family man and one of the funnest guys you could spend a night o' beers with. He had the best sense of humor and a great taste in movies.

I was unsure of whether I should post this or not, but I think he would have wanted you to know why he's not around.

Rest In Peace, Rob. I'm really gonna miss you.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Rest in Peace, old buddy

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Creeper dead? West Coast Express MIA since the meltdown?

And wasn't WCE the guy who posted a pic of Creeps house in Aldergrove?

Hmmm........
---------------------
I guess this means I'll never get those Spaghetti Factory gift certificates. :( Maybe if I explain the whole situation to Lusty she'll still buy them for me. As it turns out I'm having spaghetti and meatballs tonight. I'll think of my good buddy Creeper with every ball that I put in my mouth.
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dont know what to say or how to respond....Rummy get link to obit please....

rats19
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

And in the first response, Eddy demonstrates why I was hesitant to post this sad news.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Holy Shit, this can't be true! Please tell me this is a joke... please!

I really wonna laugh it up and say the joke is on me!

I fuckin loved that guy!

What happened Rummy?

This can't be true? Image
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld,

If this is true...we have lost a favorite poster of the old site and the new one. One of the absolute best...

I appreciate being told as this may have occurred before and its hard to confirm (Lor)

However you have to cut us some slack if we appear to be hesitant in believing you, yah it would really suck to be a joke and yah it really sucks if its true.

But this is a family of cyber posters on canucks hockey talk boards where weirder (untrue) and (true) things have happened..

R.I.P Creeper

rats19
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ODB wrote:Holy Shit, this can't be true! Please tell me this is a joke... please!

I really wonna laugh it up and say the joke is on me!

I fuckin loved that guy!

What happened Rummy?

This can't be true? Image
I know you did, bro. I wish it were a joke. I don't know what happened, and even if I did I would probably keep it private. His parents are hosting a gathering of his friends on the 14th which I will be attending... no spouses, just the boys. Just how Rob would have wanted it.

It's weird how hard this is hitting me. I can't believe I'm never gonna talk to him ever again. Or read one his posts. CC was the main way I communicated with him lately, and now even those PMs from Central are erased.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

We last exchanged PM's on the 12th!

RIP Rob,

I don't even know what too say?

I fuckin loved that guy!

He LOVED his kids........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSaPe9BsZ1U

It's my birthday today... We're meeting friends tonight. I'm going to drink a Grey Goose on the rocks and smoke a cigarette for the first time in two years in creepers honor!

Why is it "life" so often throws balls of shit at us? I feel for his WIFE (even though I don't think they were actually married) and the kids.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

well this fucking sucks bigtime rummy...
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he was a great friend. We only new him on here and thats different, yet funny how tight and close we can get on a message board over time.

If its not too weird could you tell the family how much fun he was and how much we enjoyed him...

I am really fucking sad right now...
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Are you fucking serious???

This is crazy shit. I'm blown away. Rob and I had a lot of communication via PM back at Central. we shared quite a few personal stories and I felt I really go to know they guy well.

I'm truly saddened by this. Really.

I'm in the Lower Mainland that weekend and would love to attend anything for him.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Rumsfeld wrote:And in the first response, Eddy demonstrates why I was hesitant to post this sad news.
Thats how Creeper would have wanted his send off from me to be.

We we're never serious about anything when we talked... why start now.

And lets face it... how many people do you think after reading the OP thought that this was possibly a hoax.
2011..... the one that got away.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

I'm gonna pop an oxcy for him tonight.

Remember the "HI ODEE" pill sign?

:cry:
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Wow, can't believe it.

Makes sense as he hasn't been around, I though he might have gotten a timeout for pestering LB a tad.

This is sad, he will be missed. RIP creeper.

Rummy give our best to his wife and kids please!!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

FUCK ME!

It's true.........
Redden, Robert Charles
View/Sign Guest Book
April 23, 1972 - July 18, 2011 Rob was born at Lions Gate Hospital on April 23 1972. He died suddenly and unexpectedly on July 18 2011.

Rob was a big man with a heart of gold. He loved all animals and was happiest when he was out in nature.

He had an incredible command of the English language and was often the center of attention at parties or family gatherings.

Our lives are forever changed without him.

Surviving Rob is his wife and soul mate Maria and their infant children Will 2 years and Marissa 7 months and his step sons Connor 11 and Braeden 9.

Also his mother and father Jane and Charles and his brother James , also aunts, uncles and cousins.

He is also survived by his friends " the boys from West Van " too many to mention and a testament to lifelong friendships.

There will be no service but there will be a gathering of all his friends at a later date.

In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to animal rescue organizations or plant a tree in his honor.

And finally when Rob was a baby I played Jethro Tull's - "Reasons for Waiting" to him many many times and these four lines from that song apply now.

You're not seen, you're not heard

But I stand by my word

Came a thousand miles

Just to catch you while you're smiling.

All my Love

Mom
http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/Obi ... RCHRESULTS

Fuck me... we lost a real good guy!

So sad....
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

This is truly heartbreaking.

Rummy please pass along to all his friends that he had many more who loved his wit and style.

We lost a true warrior of the internet and I'm so sad right now.

I wish I still had all those PMs!

:cry: :cry: :cry: