Forsburg and Naslund

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

If we land Foppa & Nazzy do we keep Mo?

yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 22

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Forsburg and Naslund

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Rumor just gained steam.

The Avs qualified 14 guys, Forsburg wasn't one of them.

So if we land Naslund/Forsburg K/S (Kariya/Selanne) style, do we keep Morrison??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

We can't afford two top centres. Somehow I think if they do play together it wont be here. Or if they do Bert is gone entirely. Who would you prefer? Bert of Forsberg. I really think Naslund is a lost cause and we will end up with someone like Karyia.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

FWIW, down here in South Florida the rumor currently going around is Keenan would love to Bertuzzi in a Panthers jersey. That would free up room for both Naslund and Foresberg to sign with the Canucks.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Kowch wrote:FWIW, down here in South Florida the rumor currently going around is Keenan would love to Bertuzzi in a Panthers jersey. That would free up room for both Naslund and Foresberg to sign with the Canucks.
would he give up Luongo :)
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

I'd love for him to do that, but I doubt it. We'd have to do something like Bertuzzi + Cloutier for Luongo, a prospect and a pick or something like that. I'd like to see something like that pulled off, but somehow I doubt it would happen.

There hasn't been much in the way of what would be going the other way other than Keenan is, uh... keen... on trying to get Bertuzzi or even perhaps Naslund. Somehow I think Nonis as well as the fans back home would rather have Naslund (sans Foresberg) come back than hang on to Bertuzzi so people sense that Bertuzzi might be available. That's where the rumours could be coming from.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

If I'm Nonis, I actually would take Mo over Forsberg any day of the week.

The reason? Forsberg's just two damned brittle. Sign him and you can't afford Morrison. Then during one of Forsberg's annual lengthy injuries (or wimpy fits when he simply decides to go home for a couple months, because he misses Swedish TV . . .), who centres your top line? Henrick? Trev? Kessler? Chubarov? We certainly couldn't afford to go out an sign a replacement at the deadline . . . like we did last year when Bert was suspended

Besides, I just couldn't live with the knowledge that our top-line centre was a gallavanting Swedish puckhog who rivaled Greg Louganis' penchant for diving and aberrant sexual appetite . . . ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Bertuzzi + Cloutier for Luongo
I wouldnt not mind seeing that if we got forsberg and nazzy...i mean hell we would be getting a kickass goalie too not a bad idea
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re:

Post by SKYO »

Kowch wrote:
mattola wrote:
Kowch wrote:Jul 29, 2005 - FWIW, down here in South Florida the rumor currently going around is Keenan would love to Bertuzzi in a Panthers jersey. That would free up room for both Naslund and Foresberg to sign with the Canucks.
would he give up Luongo :)
I'd love for him to do that, but I doubt it. We'd have to do something like Bertuzzi + Cloutier for Luongo, a prospect and a pick or something like that. I'd like to see something like that pulled off, but somehow I doubt it would happen.

There hasn't been much in the way of what would be going the other way other than Keenan is, duh... keen... on trying to get Bertuzzi...
The first trade post in this dead area, kinda creepy how spot on this ideal was almost a full year prior to Bertuzzi being dealt to Florida for Luongo...& thus Nonis started the transition of the Canucks becoming a goalie factory!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canucks ... a-1.596224
Jun 23, 2006 - The Vancouver Canucks completed a five-player mega-deal Friday that sends forward Todd Bertuzzi to the Florida Panthers for goaltender Roberto Luongo.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.