Playoff Beards

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Playoff Beards

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hey guys,

Against my better judgement, I am creating this thread.

Do you guys (gals? :P) have any pics of yourselves with your playoff beards? Many of you don't know this, but I actually grew a pretty sweet playoff beard this year....and also grew out my hair a bit.

I ended up going 101 days without a haircut, and about 64 days without shaving!

Here are some recent pics of me. (there's only 3 pics allowed and so I'll try and post my beard pic in the next post).
Attachments
Kapil2011Round1Point.jpg
Kapil2011Round1Point.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Kapil2008.jpg
Kapil2008.jpg (40.03 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
GetAttachment2.jpg
GetAttachment2.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Farhan Lalji

Re: Playoff Beards

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Playoff beard.
Attachments
Playoff beard and hair gettin' cut.  Didn't leave it like this.  :-p
Playoff beard and hair gettin' cut. Didn't leave it like this. :-p
twoface.jpg (54.48 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
I think this was Day 59 of my playoff beard.  96 days without haircut
I think this was Day 59 of my playoff beard. 96 days without haircut
Playoffbeard.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I've had this beard since December 1995. It hasn't been trimmed since February 2011 when I last got a hair cut.

GM - next time you decide to take off the beard, find a barber that will do it with a straight razor. Hot towels, lather and a straight razor. You'll have to have a news paper in you lap.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Here are some recent pics of me. (there's only 3 pics allowed and so I'll try and post my beard pic in the next post).
:lol: Was I prescient or wot!
Sick Bunny wrote: And introducing Prabhu "Benny Lava" Deva as GM.
Nice growth, Kapil, pity it had to come off..
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

You've come a long way!

Mod Edit - sorry, that image really wasn't needed.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

Bunny you're bang on with Benny Lava :lol:

I saw this thread a couple days ago.. Kinda paranoid now, every time I see an Indian guy I think it's GM :|
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Sick Bunny wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Here are some recent pics of me. (there's only 3 pics allowed and so I'll try and post my beard pic in the next post).
:lol: Was I prescient or wot!
Sick Bunny wrote: And introducing Prabhu "Benny Lava" Deva as GM.
Nice growth, Kapil, pity it had to come off..
LOL thanks Bunny. I would've grown it out more but I was starting to scare my family. :P It was also becoming a bitch sleeping with that thing! I usually sleep on my stomach or side and so the beard was pricking my face due to the pillow.

I also agree with Narg - that Prabhu "Benny Lava" Deva comparison is pretty spot on. :lol: Do you watch a lot of Bollywood films?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ODB wrote:You've come a long way!

Mod Edit - sorry, that image really wasn't needed.
Ohdee,

PM me whatever you posted! Not sure what the image was but I'm pretty sure it was hilarious (even if at my expense :mad: -)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Topper wrote:I've had this beard since December 1995. It hasn't been trimmed since February 2011 when I last got a hair cut.

GM - next time you decide to take off the beard, find a barber that will do it with a straight razor. Hot towels, lather and a straight razor. You'll have to have a news paper in you lap.
Lol, beard since 95'? Can't even imagine what that would be like. How the fuck do you sleep with that?!

As far as the straight razor/hot towels, etc. goes, I'll do that next year when I do up the playoff beard.