TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Meds »

Game of Thrones is far and away the best new series this year IMHO. Never read the books, want to now. Was totally blindsided when they killed Sean Bean and Jason Momoa, but love any story with the balls to put some early build up into some characters and then kill them. I'm an even bigger fan of the director/producer team that is willing to stick to that story and kill off the two more well known actors who play those roles rather than change story to appease some fans of said actors. The inbreeding is disturbing, and I hate that little-boy-king already (kudos to the actor who pulls that off). So many subtle story lines to keep track of. I hope the forthcoming economic collapse in the US doesn't rob us of some quality entertainment next year. :P

I was disappointed that Camelot got scrapped, the guy who plays Arthur is something of a fruitbat, but Ralph Fiennes was doing a great job as Merlin and I really liked where they were going with some of the background stories. Ava Green is just hot, and her Morgana character was well written and well executed. Claire Danes reminded me constantly of a softer Rhona Mitra, and that was not a bad thing at all. The chick who played Guenevere was eye candy too. The action wasn't on par with GoT, but it still had some potential.

The Big Bang Theory is still the best half hour laugher on the tube.
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

OK sadly my GF is making me watch Big Brother :cry: I don't watch reality shows but this one is so stupid. Is it possible to kill TV until hockey starts :cry:
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Game of Thrones as well for me. just starting the series and have now begun with the audiobook. Ive seen it described as Lord of the Rings meets The Sopranos. For the Medieval setting, yes, but its more like historical War of the Roses set in the Lord of the Rings world.

Breaking Bad is excellent as well. I recommend it to anyone.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Dexter season 6 starts on Oct. 2nd. The theme this year is religion and stars Mos Def and Colin Hanks. The producer suggests Dexter returns more to his roots ala Season 1.

Check out the new trailer if you get a chance.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

If you guy want some laughs this summer you have to check out Wilfred

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/origina ... /index.php

Frod...er...Elijah Wood and a pot smoke'n talk'n dog...good shit! The hospice episode was hilarious. :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

WTF???????

Did any of you know about this?

http://abc.go.com/shows/charlies-angels

:eh:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

When the weather deteriorates, - Breaking Bad, & Dr Who.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:WTF???????

Did any of you know about this?

http://abc.go.com/shows/charlies-angels

:eh:
Man those look like some nasty badass hoes!!!

SCARY!

Those fingers are loaded baby!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Mëds wrote:Game of Thrones is far and away the best new series this year IMHO. Never read the books, want to now. Was totally blindsided when they killed Sean Bean and Jason Momoa, but love any story with the balls to put some early build up into some characters and then kill them. I'm an even bigger fan of the director/producer team that is willing to stick to that story and kill off the two more well known actors who play those roles rather than change story to appease some fans of said actors.
Well, I guess now that you've seen it there's no point in anyone else enjoying those twists, eh Mëds? I mean, what else could be the logic behind completely ruining the series for anyone who hasn't seen it yet?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Mëds wrote:Game of Thrones is far and away the best new series this year IMHO. Never read the books, want to now. Was totally blindsided when they killed Sean Bean and Jason Momoa, but love any story with the balls to put some early build up into some characters and then kill them. I'm an even bigger fan of the director/producer team that is willing to stick to that story and kill off the two more well known actors who play those roles rather than change story to appease some fans of said actors.
Well, I guess now that you've seen it there's no point in anyone else enjoying those twists, eh Mëds? I mean, what else could be the logic behind completely ruining the series for anyone who hasn't seen it yet?
First season has been over for well over a month.

If you haven't seen it yet.....oh well. Sorry. But, there are plenty of other twists to surprise you Rummy.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Good lord, I left the TV on today and was surfin' around the net, and all of a sudden Bachelor Pad comes on, and I slowly got hooked on that show, full trash, but interesting with all the feuds and backstabbing. lol
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote:First season has been over for well over a month.
Not in Sweden it hasn't! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

SKYO wrote:Good lord, I left the TV on today and was surfin' around the net, and all of a sudden Bachelor Pad comes on, and I slowly got hooked on that show, full trash, but interesting with all the feuds and backstabbing. lol
My W2B is hooked on that crap. :evil:

Can't you find anything better to do in the twilight of the summer? :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

WE NEED SPOILER TAGS!

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ummm The Walking Dead.... The zombies are like totally dead! :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

BladesofSteel wrote:
SKYO wrote:Good lord, I left the TV on today and was surfin' around the net, and all of a sudden Bachelor Pad comes on, and I slowly got hooked on that show, full trash, but interesting with all the feuds and backstabbing. lol
My W2B is hooked on that crap. :evil:

Can't you find anything better to do in the twilight of the summer? :P

True Blood...Viking Vampires, Vampire kings and Fairies in Louisiana. White trash never looked soooooo good. 8-)

F'N Swedes... hook me all the damn time!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde