Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Post by Vpete »

I'm in the process of watching Inside Job on Netflix. Pretty good so far as it does a good job of connecting many dots in the financial meltdown.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

AB was terrible, one of top worst PK Dick movies

Wait for Radio Free Albemuth :bounce:
Watched Company Men last night.... It was long! Image

I should add... the guys not being able to get jobs did remind me of a (sad) ( Image ) ex-canuck-website owner! No names though as he's dead to me.
Dear OD, you are very much alive to me, you are not real but you make heart sing, you make everything

Have CM sitting on my hard drive.

I have been downloading BluRay 720p rips for the projector, I know this is quasi-legal (who was it that had such a problem with that in the alt uni cc? :| ) but I was a student so fuck the gov and bollywood :evil:
Taking most of the summer off and in September I am to start working again and I will go legit (as the law in Kanada will change for downloads) butt, I maintain I will not go see, rent or download a movie that gets less than 60 on Rotten Tomatoes...I may have been a freeloader but I still got taste... :mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Watched Blue Valentine last night. Starts slow, but great acting, damn enjoyable and a neked Michelle Williams.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Topper wrote:Watched Blue Valentine last night. Starts slow, but great acting, damn enjoyable and a neked Michelle Williams.
Damn... I reached for The Company Men!

Ahhh well, next week then... Sunday night is Movie Night!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It's a love story, in a Sid & Nancy sort of way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Watched Blue Valentine last night. Starts slow, but great acting, damn enjoyable and a neked Michelle Williams.
Yep, good flick. Rabbit Hole is pretty good too. And Another Year.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

I saw Hanna on the weekend.

Good movie...if you like the Bourne movies you will like this one.

Soundtrack done by the Chemical Brothers.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

KeyserSoze wrote:I saw Hanna on the weekend.

Good movie...if you like the Bourne movies you will like this one.

Soundtrack done by the Chemical Brothers.
Screenplay done by a BC boy from VFS. The beginning was OK but it was predictable.

Oh where art thou good Sci-Fi?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Sorry Harry Potter last night,

Although I'm not really a fan of HP (don't like or dislike it), I have seen every single movie......and it was a bit surreal last night upon realizing that I was watching the last instalment.

The Harry Potter crowd was pretty nutty/passionate on opening night and there were some HUGE cheers during the movie at certain parts.

I almost felt like tearing up since it reminded me of our playoff run from last month, but successfully fought it. Having said that - seeing the passionate fans of Potter reminded me why I love Vancouver. I wonder if most other cities/theaters saw this kind of reaction?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Sorry Harry Potter last night,

Although I'm not really a fan of HP (don't like or dislike it), I have seen every single movie......and it was a bit surreal last night upon realizing that I was watching the last instalment.

The Harry Potter crowd was pretty nutty/passionate on opening night and there were some HUGE cheers during the movie at certain parts.

I almost felt like tearing up since it reminded me of our playoff run from last month, but successfully fought it. Having said that - seeing the passionate fans of Potter reminded me why I love Vancouver. I wonder if most other cities/theaters saw this kind of reaction?
Saw some kids wearing their house scarves of Griffyndor and Slytheryn on Friday, if that's what you mean. Pretty neat and sad at the same time. My daughter grew up watching all the movies and she still can't believe the last one is now out.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I watched a Russ Meyer Film last night, the boobs stole every scene.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Saw Horrible Bosses last night mostly due to the solid ratings at Rotten Tomatoes.

Sorry, but this film DID NOT measure up to Strangelove's standards!

OMG, the unmitigated CRAP they pass off as "comedy" these days....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

Strangelove wrote:Saw Horrible Bosses last night mostly due to the solid ratings at Rotten Tomatoes.

Sorry, but this film DID NOT measure up to Strangelove's standards!

OMG, the unmitigated CRAP they pass off as "comedy" these days....
I hear ya. I cringed every time I saw the trailer for Bad Teacher. What a pile of shit that movie looks like.

Other horrible looking movies:

-Mr Popper's Penguins, aka, the one with Jim Carrey and the penguins.. I realize it's a family comedy but still.. Jimmy :(

-The Beaver, aka, the one with Mel Gibson and a sock puppet. Cannot believe someone bankrolled this turd. I actually had quite a good time watching the trailer, mostly because I despise Mel Gibson and enjoy watching him fail. Movie budget, $21 million. Gross revenue, $970,816 :rofl:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

RoyalDude wrote:I watched a Russ Meyer Film last night, the boobs stole every scene.
dunno why, but LMAO.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

"The Other Guys" with Will Ferrel and Mark Whalberg is one of my favorite movies of all-time I think. I know the movie is a few years old now but I thought I'd mention it.

Will Ferrel is far and away my favorite actor right now. Seth Rogen is probably my 2nd favorite, while guys like Jonah Hill, Leonardo de Caprio, and Robert Downey Jr. round out my Top 5.

Greatly enjoyed 'Observe and Report' a few years ago as well. Tropic of Thunder is another one of my all-time favorites (Kurt Lazarus/Lincoln Osiris is one of my favorite movie characters of all-time! ROFL).