TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Arachnid »

DavidPratt_ wrote:DAMN. I JUST FOUND A NEW FACE FOR THE NEXT TV HORROR SHOW:

DP
wow, you're good, i have clearly met my match...

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I don't know if you get it up there, but HBO is airing a '24-7' series about the Penquins and the Caps leading up to the outdoor game.

Not a lot of insight into hockey, but most of the players and coaches are mic'd and it makes for an interesting look at the teams and the dressing room atmosphere. I caught the 2nd half of one last night and thought it was worth watching.

In other TV, I've just finished the 4th season of Doctor Who - fun stuff!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:I don't know if you get it up there, but HBO is airing a '24-7' series about the Penquins and the Caps leading up to the outdoor game.

Not a lot of insight into hockey, but most of the players and coaches are mic'd and it makes for an interesting look at the teams and the dressing room atmosphere. I caught the 2nd half of one last night and thought it was worth watching.

In other TV, I've just finished the 4th season of Doctor Who - fun stuff!
Interesting concept. I believe it's PVR'ed but been so busy with work and Christmas stuff, I haven't even checked out the list.

I started Dexter to see what it was all about. Very cool! Like it a lot.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Entourage...July 24th...final season.

I am excited and sad at the same time. One of my favourite shows is coming to an end, but at least it's going before it gets too old and overplayed.

1) It took until last season but I actually and finally cared about Vince
2) The real life struggles of Ari Emmanuel, the man which Ari Gold is based on, with the NFL and former employees is forefront for Piven's character.
3) I want to see if Kevin Dillon will be given a good enough storyline to garner an Emmy, Johnny Drama is probably my favourite supporting character.

Any thoughts? I'm getting Mr LB caught up on my dramedy with the previous seasons and if he wasn't a fan before, he is a fan now.
hist
CC Rookie

Post by hist »

You mean the TV actually works when hockey's not on?

I'll have to make a note of that.

*Edit* I mean the TV channels, of course. The TV works fine for my Xbox!
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

I was more or less devastated that there was no Mad Men this year.. a friend introduced me to it last year.. hooked from episode 1. It was kind of nice coming into it late, didn't have to wait for 'next week's episode' for a long while.. paying for it now I guess :cry:

I am relieved that Curb Your Enthusiasm is back now, for what is likely its final season. The first episode of the new season just aired on Sunday, and while it was a little tired, it did move the story(?) along, and certainly sets the stage for more comedy.

Other than that, I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, and might give that a shot this winter. I've also never given Arrested Development or Entourage a fair shot, and might revisit them as time permits..
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

I watched season 1 of The Killing - pretty well done (which means they'll cancel it). :scowl:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Corb wrote:I watched season 1 of The Killing - pretty well done (which means they'll cancel it). :scowl:

Sorta like Swingtown. :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swingtown
hist
CC Rookie

Post by hist »

Narg CC wrote: Other than that, I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, and might give that a shot this winter. I've also never given Arrested Development or Entourage a fair shot, and might revisit them as time permits..
Arrested Development is must-see TV. A comedy that you have to pay attention to, because a lot of the jokes are subtle. I laughed out loud when they had Henry Winkler literally jump a shark.

Excellent cast, great script, and I even like Ron Howard's narrating of the episodes.

The last season is a bit weaker, just because I think they were trying to wrap things up because they knew they were going to be cancelled.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm hooked on Dr Who now. I watched the first 5 seasons of the new version on Netflix, then caught the current season on Apple TV.

Fun stuff - a good hour of fast paced escapism.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:I'm hooked on Dr Who now. I watched the first 5 seasons of the new version on Netflix, then caught the current season on Apple TV.

Fun stuff - a good hour of fast paced escapism.
Who is a hoot and it's spin-off the newly US launched Torchwood: Miricle Day is off to a good start but without a doubt my favorite new show is Game of Thrones. If you like LOTR butt with more violence swearing, nudity and backstabbing then you'll love this. Never read the novels...first season done. Watch it!

Breaking Bad new season sunday 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

hist wrote:
Narg CC wrote: Other than that, I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, and might give that a shot this winter. I've also never given Arrested Development or Entourage a fair shot, and might revisit them as time permits..
Arrested Development is must-see TV. A comedy that you have to pay attention to, because a lot of the jokes are subtle. I laughed out loud when they had Henry Winkler literally jump a shark.

Excellent cast, great script, and I even like Ron Howard's narrating of the episodes.

The last season is a bit weaker, just because I think they were trying to wrap things up because they knew they were going to be cancelled.
Probably one of my favourite shows of all time. I really miss it but it's good to see Jason Bateman stay busy with movie after movie. IMO a very underrated comedic actor.
Rudypoo
CC Veteran

Post by Rudypoo »

Been half-assed rewatching the new Battlestar Galactica on my days off. Just fantastic TV....for about the first 60 episodes. Then it's 20 episodes of WTF? to finish things off :scowl:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

A Game of Thrones is excellent. Watched it right off the hop and again with the w2b and she loved it. Loaded with character development and drama. Should walk away with some awards. Im reading the book as well and am even more impressed now with how well the show was put together.
Next season will be epic!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

BOS wrote:A Game of Thrones is excellent. Watched it right off the hop and again with the w2b and she loved it. Loaded with character development and drama. Should walk away with some awards. Im reading the book as well and am even more impressed now with how well the show was put together.
Next season will be epic!
Yeah, it's definitely a great series so far. I'm hooked. The books are an awesome read. I only started to read them after the series started but it's great putting character faces to the ones in the book as I read them. On the second book right now, but near finishing them. All on the Kindle so I don't have to go buying a new book to put in my already overflowing bookshelves.