Home Entertainment Discussion

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Home Entertainment Discussion

Post by rats19 »

Something like ....around the water cooler.?

That's frikken boring.....

Shit from around the corner...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Just have to follow all the pieces, use the system against itself, manipulate the white wo(man), discover conspiracy secrets and use them to blackmail people for your own gain and do what ever the fuck you want in life (oh yeah, it helps to get kicked off an internet message board so you don't waist your life posting shyte 8-) ).
Kicked off message board: CHECK

Discover conspiracy secrets: CHECK

Rest of it: UMMM HELP ME SPIDEY!

Cuz hey, co-eds like it in the * :blush:

Get's one's juices flowing and all that rot eh wot?

Spidey, one of your toons isn’t an alien reptilian fake-psychiatrist cyborg from the future now... is he? :look:

BTW wasn’t I the first to lable YOU a toon... in a limerick once upon a time? 8-)

Speaking of things I said once upon a time: I was only kidding when I said we’re not real!

We're real and we're SPECTACULAR!!!

____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Holy Shit!

I was thinking that after I get my basement finished I would invest in some upgrades. I was leaning to a simple Anthem Receiver with the option of a dedicated amp later but....
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Vpete wrote:
Holy Shit!

I was thinking that after I get my basement finished I would invest in some upgrades. I was leaning to a simple Anthem Receiver with the option of a dedicated amp later but....
I've read the MRX 500/700 are pretty damned impressive! They won't be in the same league as their 8k processors but apparently they do benefit from plenty of trickle done technology!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Did I tell you guys I ordered an Oppo BD95? :(

And two hours later I canceled my order. I was going to make the move into 3D but chickened out at the last minute. I was going to get that 65 inch Panny I recommended to creeper earlier in the thread but the boy always has playhouse disney on. He has it on even when he's playing with other things. I don't need to buy a new display and then have the disney watermark burning into it because it's on three hours a day!

And obviously it's not fair to tell the kid he can't watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Daddy's new display so... I'll hold off.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:Did I tell you guys I ordered an Oppo BD95? :(

And two hours later I canceled my order. I was going to make the move into 3D but chickened out at the last minute. I was going to get that 65 inch Panny I recommended to creeper earlier in the thread but the boy always has playhouse disney on. He has it on even when he's playing with other things. I don't need to buy a new display and then have the disney watermark burning into it because it's on three hours a day!

And obviously it's not fair to tell the kid he can't watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Daddy's new display so... I'll hold off.
Frack OD 3 hrs? Get him a book, maybe something old school like Playboy, TV killed the current braindead generation don'tcha know?

PS 3D is a fag...er...fad...get real
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Arachnid wrote:
Frack OD 3 hrs? Get him a book, maybe something old school like Playboy, TV killed the current braindead generation don'tcha know?

PS 3D is a fag...er...fad...get real
He DOES NOT WATCH THAT MUCH... but he has it on in the background! White noise!

He likes some shows though. Handy Manny and Stella and Sam!

We read everyday... He and I... love it! Yesterday he was in the pool for five hours... it was crazy. I'm not some crap parent that plops his kid in front of a tv!

Spent 1100.00 on one of these things...

We're out every night the weather is nice. He loves off roading!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

My guy loves his bike trailer.

He'll be outside crawling around on the lawn and head straight for it, climb in, grab his helmet and give us the look.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Topper wrote:My guy loves his bike trailer.

He'll be outside crawling around on the lawn and head straight for it, climb in, grab his helmet and give us the look.
LOL... hint hint!

We like/have to exercise but he's in daycare and coming home and hitting the home gym sucks. In winter when it's 30 below in saskamammyrammer we have no choice but to work out inside. But in the summer we get him in his chariot and go. We keep a fast pace and its excellent exercise. I work up a dripping sweet. His chariot has a suspension so we can go off rode. That's his favorite... Bike paths are for pussies he wants it extreme! Fast and bumpy! :mrgreen:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

We have one of those for the girls, it's double wide so they can both fit at the same time.

The problem is that the older one will fall asleep (does the same anytime we get in the car) and if she naps at all she'll be up till 11:00pm.

She prefers to ride her little bike with the training wheels anyways. Her little sister absolutely loves the bike chariot thing though.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Aaronp18 wrote:We have one of those for the girls, it's double wide so they can both fit at the same time.

The problem is that the older one will fall asleep (does the same anytime we get in the car) and if she naps at all she'll be up till 11:00pm.

She prefers to ride her little bike with the training wheels anyways. Her little sister absolutely loves the bike chariot thing though.
We got the same one, double wide. I strap him in the middle good and tight and bounce him around for a few hours. He loves it.

But he also has his own bike and he LOVE's it. We take it on the bike path. I walk when we do that because he fucks around too much. He also has a...

Ya he's spoiled! It's cute as hell though. He cranks the radio up and cruses along! :mrgreen:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ODB wrote: But he also has his own bike and he LOVE's it. We take it on the bike path. I walk when we do that because he fucks around too much. He also has a...
Yeah I definitely can't ride the bike with her, if she wants to ride I'll do the same as you and walk with her.

They don't have one of the motorized vehicles yet. If they did we'd probably never see it there's so many kids in our neighbourhood and at that age the only one that shares well is our youngest daughter!

it's be WW2 out there if someone had a pimpin' ride like that out there!! :lol:
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Aaronp18 wrote:They don't have one of the motorized vehicles yet. If they did we'd probably never see it there's so many kids in our neighbourhood
We have a little boy that lives across the street from us that's only two months older than our son.

So that's awesome. They already play together.

A few weeks ago I was out front washing my truck. The boys were riding their bikes up and down the sidewalk. The neighbor kids mom walked over and was talking to my wife. The kids came up and my guy asks if they can go in the back and play in his sandbox. I said sure, looked at the neighbor kids mom and said don't worry the pool cover is on. (we have a safety cover, one of those ones they say you could drive a small car on) The kids are out back and my wife and the neighbor lady are slowly making their way back there as they chat. They get into the back yard and Stephen (neighbor kid) is bouncing on the pool cover yelling trampoline while my kid is standing in the pool deck eyes as big as saucers because he knows you're never allowed to go on that cover. Kid’s mom freaks,grabs Stephan and drags him home. We didn't see him again that day but they have played since. :santa:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ODB wrote: We didn't see him again that day but they have played since.
Oh don't get me wrong, for the amount of kids out there at any given time they play fairly well together.

The age range is anywhere from a year to 6 years old, some have siblings and other don't. Usually the younger siblings share the best, like my youngest.

Some kid takes her toy she just gives them dirty look then like to say "fuck you I don't care about that toy I've got a better one over here" just picks something else up and continues on being the happiest little child on the planet.

She's the one in the avatar BTW!