When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: When Power Goes to the Head of a Security Guard

Post by Listercat »

Tis a beautiful day. I've been up since 5 am playing in the hayfield.

Chris who ?????

Brian, thanks for allowing us to play in your sandbox. !!
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CrzyCanuck wrote: I guess that means a lot of us CC refugees will be seeking asylum here. :oops:
:mrgreen: Hopefully CJ finds a nice asylum as well...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Bring it on CupCakes :rockin:
Topper wrote: beware of the torte
Right, but he’ll hafta have em all pulled out after the savoy truffle! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I wonder where that ball licker will turn up.
Many years ago Ohdee & I discussed literally as to whether SC was into just that!

NOTHING wrong widdit....

But like o m g such vitriol being shown towards ole SC from so many!

Apparently he played Goebbels to CJ's Hitler. :mex:

The analogy falls apart however where it comes to Hess/Lever.

Cuz if the ole chap parachutes in HERE he will receive a hero's welcome.
Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote: I bet you creeper has donated $500.00 in the last calendar year!
So THAT'S how that multiple-handled creep got away with posting an aerial photo of a poster's house! Image

Just teasing J-Rod, you're a good sport and a lovely poster. ;)
____
Try to focus on someday.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

well, what an interesting read. i was completely blindsided by the sites closure, but then I only posted there occasionally and NEVER sent him money. when i read his message, i was all outraged and stuff, then I wander over here and read the reality........and its just ...wow... what a bunch of crap he put great posters through.
I hope hockey widow makes the trek..........
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hah ha ha ha. Is it Chris or is it the shithead SC ?
ODB wrote:LOL @ Southern Canuck! Topper and I have been calling him a homosexual for years. I really disliked him but had to be very careful going after him. As a matter of fact I was riding him pretty hard a few years back and Doc gave me a heads up saying Chris will side with his mods no matter what. Doc's advice was to walk the line, even make love to the line but don't cross it. Doc was a mod for years so he would know.!?!?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I can sort of see why I got booted for abusing SC who is an idiot.
ODB wrote:P.S. Southern Canuck is an asshole!
Aaronp18 wrote:SC completely went bonkers the past few weeks.
BOS wrote:At the end of day, S_C turned into a bi-polar butt-fuck :crazy:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I wonder where that ball licker will turn up.
Strangelove wrote:[But like o m g such vitriol being shown towards ole SC from so many!
I see my reputation preceeds me. Hi Blob, ODB!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOL look who just goose-stepped into our little corner of the world! :lol:

Hey SC aren't you supposed to be in Argentina right about now??
Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hey Sc

I am looking at this thing like a 2 nd chance....I have to mend my evil ways and the good folks her3 ate letting me do it.. :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I see my reputation preceeds me.
Yes it does.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I received a note from Spud. He, like Doc and I, is having log in difficulties here. I mentioned that Doc and I had gone through Brian to get in, but he said he'd probably wait until training camp.

He also said I could post his note here.
Yep he lost it, wow...

Kind of amazing really, when I first met Chris (as well as Tiger and Trick), he was a young, brash, super bright kid who in his own way had the world by the balls.

For that guy to slowly morph into the brooding, bitter, jaded, self serving guy we now see is kind of nuts. I guess people really do change, all be it very slowly.

He could have very easily left the site up and just told people he wasn't going to be involved anymore and allowed the place to clear out on his own, but nope, he would rather just pull the plug and leave his entire user base on their own to re-connect somewhere else.

And for what- to prove a point to a bunch of people whom he had already banned?

So all of his loyal posters who probably would have loved to stick around for a bit and share some memories about the site, and perhaps exchange emails etc. get robbed of that because you all said some mean things about him on another board.

What a steaming pile that is.

BTW the guy that Chris took the biggest shit on was Lever.

He was a big hockey poster for almost 10 years, then totally lost interest but still hung around to help Chris out of loyalty.

Of course Lever isn't going to post here, he didn't even want to post over there.

Lever doesn't talk about his real life work anymore but his company has been very successful over the past number of years. In other words he is not a guy who's time lacks value.

For Chris to flush the site in the way he did after Lever had spent gobs of his own time helping him, really shows the lack of character people are talking about.
There is meat with those potatoes.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
I see my reputation preceeds me. Hi Blob, ODB!

S_C
Hey Southern_Canuck! I'm happy you came to the Corner and I sincerely mean that. I assume you had nothing to do with me being banned or with ol Edward Scissor Hands going flippen dippen bonkers so I'm happy your here. I hope everyone from Central moves here and the Corner explodes!

I might call you an asshole from time to time though... just because I can. You no longer live under the creators protection. Hell I might even call you an asshole a few times just to make up for times I wanted to do it before but couldn't! But seriously as far as I'm concerned you and I are good! :thumbs:

So level with us SC, did Chris fill you and lever in before he pulled the plug or were you just as surprised as the rest of us. If he didn't fill you in and thank you for service he's an even bigger asshole than we think! Did he tell you he was banning us and if so did he explain why? I'd love to know what his reasoning for all this was.

Anywho... welcome aboard SC. Believe it or not I think it shows some testicular fortitude showing up here. It shows you weren't simply Chris's sock puppet!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I wonder where that ball licker will turn up.

Herb was another solid contributor there as well. Good to see you Hank.
Hey Blob, good to see that the Corner has set up a refugee camp for us ex-CC'ers :D

I knew there was some good reason to set up an account here years ago. Never thought I would need to use my exit strategy, but then again, never thought he would push the self-destruct button either.

edit: Wonder no more Blobby... looks like the ball-ard licker just turned up here...

Dear fucking god, please refrain from boring everyone with your usual bullshit SC, I got no other place to go.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hank wrote:
Dear fucking god, please refrain from boring everyone with your usual bullshit SC, I got no other place to go.
Cornuck is king of mods here, we all answer to him now.

S_C is just gonna have to make an adjustment ;)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

ODB wrote:But seriously as far as I'm concerned you and I are good! :thumbs:
Have been and always will be.
ODB wrote:So level with us SC, did Chris fill you and lever in before he pulled the plug or were you just as surprised as the rest of us. If he didn't fill you in and thank you for service he's an even bigger asshole than we think!
Chris didn't discuss any of it with me. I don't know if he discussed it with donlever.

I'm just a guy he asked to be a moderator on his site, so I did that for the last 6 years - to help him out, and try to keep the site readable, but I wasn't a part of the decision making process for the site.
ODB wrote:Did he tell you he was banning us and if so did he explain why? I'd love to know what his reasoning for all this was.
I didn't know about the multiple bans - I logged on Friday night and saw his parting message. Surprise!

So, I don't really know how it all came down.

ODB, I don't know how you would take it if there was a thread about you in a public forum that made fun of your career, called your wife a mutt, and took jabs at your disabilities - but for most people, I think it would make them angry.

So I chalk this one up to actions made in anger. I think he was tired of having the site, for the most part, so it provided a good excuse to shutter it. It's not how I would have envisioned things playing out if the site was due to close down, but it is what it is.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!