It's all over!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

It's all over!!

Post by Aaronp18 »

When Canucks Central launched in 1996, I believed the internet brought out the best in people. It was a golden era when relatively intelligent people could talk to each other without even needing to register their username, let alone worry about trolls, scammers and spammers.

Now, I believe the internet increasingly exposes the ugly side of humanity. The lowest common denominator has flooded every site and uses their new-found sense of power and anonymity to vent their frustrations towards people who had nothing to do with their failures.

Similarly, I used to believe hockey brought people together and was generally good for society. But the events of the 2011 NHL playoffs showed otherwise. The NHL head office is either corrupt or incompetent - possibly both - and a large percentage of sports fans/media are deplorable. I no longer want to be associated with either.

This is not a snap decision; I have been pondering it since April. And it is a decision that comes with more relief than sadness following vicious personal attacks on my wife and I, by grown men, for virtually no reason. They will celebrate this message as a victory, but hopefully one day they realize how trivial and hurtful their hate was.

I apologize to those who still enjoyed this site, and thank those who contributed to its success along the way.

-Chris Johannsen
WTF!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Re: It's all over!!

Post by Topper »

folded his tent in a pool of rendered fat
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

trivial and hurtful their hate was.
the trivial killed him

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

That's a shame...but he had to fucking ban us first...bullshit he went to a lot of work to finish us off for nothing more than being free to do as we wish.

I wish no hard feelings but that was bullshit.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Bush is how it all ended.

Seems like a convenient excuse to shut it down.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hey coco...been a tough day....sort of.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Just came in from the field and was going to have a gander at CC and low an behold, the fat lady has sung !!!

I have been too busy lately to post anywhere or I would have joined in the fracas and been banned as well. Banning Rats and Aaron was just pure chickenshit. The rest of us were assholes in Chris' book anyway and Topper hit the nail on the head when he said it was the "election" thread that was his undoing.

It was a good site with some very knowledgeable hockey minds a good discussion. Sadly, Chris' insecurity ran away with things and he drove away the best people.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Now first i apologize to Brian and the only CC about the bogarting of topics here but we'll get this off our chest quickly. Then add to the content of this forum!

Promise.

Chris I know you're reading this and I am sorry that you feel this is your only out but don't blame others. An owner and manager takes responsibility for what he has created, live and die by it. You blame others for everything you will never be happy, take some responsibility and the site and your life will be more successful.

You were surrounded by quality people and you did not use them to the best of their ability. CanucksCentral was filled with intelligent and successful people who were only willing to give their opinion, help and even donate their own money towards your and the site benefit.

I'm sorry you were threatened or felt threatened I hope you are exaggerating.

Anyways good luck to you and your wife I only wish you the best, as i do anyone - always. Which is why when you banned rats and I this morning I was just a tad offended. I did nothing to you or to canuckscentral but add to the content and contribute (when I could) financially.

You know, some times you don't know how lucky you have it, just take my word for it.

RIP CanucksCentral
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

He banned us for no reason! He had a total breakdown and then he blames us for personal attacks???

What I'd like to know but likely never will is why he turned on us? Why after 10 years did Topper and Strangelove suddenly annoy him to the point of banning them?

I apologize to Chris for much of what I said. I was angry for being banned from a site I posted at for 15 fucking years! For 15 years CC was the first site I logged on to start my day and the last site I logged off before bed! What did he expect... i fuckin loved the place. I know for a fact others did also. Doc was very sad when CC was taken from him. I donated close to a few grand and contributed in many other ways. The CC pool for community supporters was my idea. I PMed Chris and suggested he should do that to generate money. I'm certain the personal attacks and hurt Chris felt today was felt by me yesterday when I realized that not only was I banned from a site I clearly loved but I was affectedly erased from the sites existence! My profile, my posts....gone!!! I was also instantly without so much as an explanation why instantly cut off of many friends that were still posting at CC! Did Chris give a shit that I will never be able to speak to donny again. Can't even say goodbye and wish him well. I wonder how much sleep Chris lost over that?

I admit I lasted out and said hurtful things but it came from a place in which I honestly feel like I and my my friends were treated horribly. I was an am very angry things came to this. Chris talks about us, grown men attacking him but doesnt consider for a second had he acted like an adult and delt with issues with us via PM we could have and would have worked things out! More adult than BLOWING THE FUCKING PLACE UP! The fall of CC is on him and his sudden instance to reel in the regulars. It suddenly became get in line or get out!

I wish him and his wife health, wealth and happiness!

And da.... i hope all my Central friends move over here to the Corner and we collectively, respectfully build one mother of a Canucks fan site!
Last edited by ODB on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.myspace.com/everything/artic ... ovie-clips

Sorry we drove you insane bud, thanks for the memories....
____
Try to focus on someday.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

I had become a rather infrequent poster the last year, except the last couple of weeks with my family out of the country and a lull in my work schedule.

It's the first I'm hearing of users such as Aaron, Rats, Blob etc. being banned for joining this board...it's appalling.

I had hoped the long-time, dedicated users to that site were treated with more decency and respect before the plug was ultimately pulled.

From all the warnings of the site's poor financial state, it was obvious CC was teetering, but us dedicated users deserved a better farewell.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

What of donlever....will he or wont he? Personally I hope so..

Epc and the rest will find there way soon enough. Leves I don't know its like he chose his stance and being a man with pride, not sure he shows up.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:You were surrounded by quality people and you did not use them to the best of their ability. CanucksCentral was filled with intelligent and successful people who were only willing to give their opinion, help and even donate their own money towards your and the site benefit.
This is exactly why I toast the downfall of CC and have no regrets.

I pm'd Chris with my concerns about the direction of the site. He had a niche market and not only failed to exploit it but turned his back on it.

It was nothing more than a god damn hockey talk message board, and ultimately, a poorly managed one.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Those with accounts at HF get the crew over here.

We need HW and her insights as well!!

Lever I hope you make it here buddy. I know you want to stay in the loop and like OD and rats said I never got to say any good-bye.

There goes my now useless fake yahoo account in an attempt to join again and say good-byes.

Well here's to the Corner!!

:drink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I will never forget..:...bobbybittman day....infamy