R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

Post by ClamRussel »

Tiger wrote:Agree Clam .. but who was he going to pass to? Raymond with the worst shot on the team? I noticed when they put Burrows on Kesler line he passed to him a lot .. and the line worked..Maybe a healthy Samuelsson would have made the difference?
True he's the best sniper on that line but his linemates can dish the puck. Often when distributing the puck you get it back...he had to be thinking about a give & go more often. From my viewpoint Kesler just became far too predictable as he tried to stickhandle through everyone. Ya sometimes it worked and looked impressive but eventually teams catch on to that and figured him out before he even did anything. Its like back in the day when Gretzky was told to start shooting more to mix things up. He responded w/ 92 goals. By passing more often Kesler would create more room out there for himself and perhaps catch defenders off guard wondering what he's going to do. Pass the puck & get to the open ice for the return feed! Read and react.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

I wish we could dump the Sedin's. I know it isn't possible, but they suck HARD in the playoffs. I think I will like this team alot better when they leave, eventually. If I hear Daniel say "I like our chances" next year in the playoffs. I'll send him a letter bomb.

Oh well, Gillis will fix it. Who knew they (the Sedins) would suck that hard in the SCF. God if you don't show up for that series, please get out of the NHL.

Look at the bright side at least we aren't Washington, or San Jose fans. San Jose has the losing in the playoff thing down to a science. At least we are getting better and better.

Kesler deserves a cup.. and with his new line mate (who ever he shall be) they will do it in the next couple of years.

I look forward to the second line being the first line and the Sedin's playing for some team who needs to make it thru the regular season.

Who knows tho, maybe they have learned something from this experience....All I can do it hope....
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

somebody said something real smart. They said the Sedins have learned each year. I agree and I wonder what they will change the season. It is hard not to blame them but the way I see it is like this. Lou truly let us down. he played some good games but when the heaat was on he folded. He HAD to steal us at least one game in the SCF and he did not. Instead he made it easier for the Bruins. What happened is more complicated and I would not post this on TSN as it would be ripped as excuses but the fact still remains that we should have won. I too would have bet against anyone beating us four out of five once we had the two game lead. Here is what I think went on. Kes was hurt in the Pred series. Groins are sensitive and if it was not for all the marbles he would be on IR for weeks. Hank had no juice at all. i have watched him his whole pro career and if he was not hurt, he was stoned out of his mind and I do not thiink that is his style. Higgins we know about as we do Samuelsson. the D was so injured it was ridiculous. So the Bruins got to take advantage of a very damaged team and to their credit they did. the Sedins were our only realistic scoring option and the Bruins focused everything on shutting them down. There it is. I have not even mentioned Malhotra looking like a rookie, or Hodgson being badly misused. We are making a huge mistake with that young man. he could be a star if allowed to play. Joe Sakic was not very fast either and he did fine. And then there is Luc Bourdon. imagine for just a moment how good it would have been to have that guy at the blue line when he would have been coming into his own. Tough, hard shot and fast. Shit. I truly think we will win it all next season. I hurt bad after game 7 but I am a fan and will never change. I am 61 years old and they will not let me die without a cup. I grw up 6 blocks from the old Pacific Coliseum. I grew up Canuck. It is very good to write on a post where haters are not in the majority.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Joe Sakic wasn't fast ? Ok . Compared to Ch he looked like Pavel Bure in terms of speed.

You're a 61 year old Canucks fan are you ? Seem more like a Flames fan to me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I'm dissappointed, embarrassed and sad (esp. after this mess in the streets).....take care you all, maybe 'til next season, maybe.

What once was a dream turned into a nightmare in all aspects (again.) I think i'm calling a good psychiatrist now...

hey cookie...did you find Doc anywhere to help with the pain? he works wonders doesn't he

You usta help me all the time usunt ya Doc!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:lol: You know the best doc is time...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cookie La Rue wrote::lol: You know the best doc is time...
Time is on your side, yes it is

Now you always say
That you want to be free
But you come running back (said you would cookie)
You come running back (we said so many times before)
You come running back to here

Oh, time is on your side, yes it is

You're searching for good times
But just wait and see
You cant leave the corner (cant leave it be)
You'll come running back (to post and ponder maybe just read)
You'll come running back to here

Go ahead, go ahead and light up the town
And cookie, do everything your heart desires
Remember, CC will always be around
And we know, we know
Like we told you so many times before
You're gonna come back, cookie
'Cause we know
You're gonna come back knocking
Yeah, knocking right on this door
Yes, yes!

Well, time is on your side, yes it is

'corners got the real thing
The kind that you need
You'll come running back (said you would, cookie)
You'll come running back (we always said you would)
You'll come running back, to here
Yes time, time, time is on your side, yes it is
Time, time, time is on your side, yes it is
Oh, time, time, time is on your side, yes it is
I said, time, time, time is on your side, yes it is
Oh, time, time, time is on your side
Yeah, time, time, time is on your side

(added )
But I got the Doc
you keep the time thing ( keep watching the clock)
I pay no attention, (to those man made things)
I get the solace that only Doc brings
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….