R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

Post by Cornuck »

One comment for now - Boston played a good clean (for once) game. They were the better team tonight, and Thomas was the reason they got that far.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Yes Thomas deserved the MVP, congrats to the Bruins

We pushed for the first 10 minutes, then the last 50 mins we didn't control.

Third time the brides maid, oh well next year!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

dr.dork wrote: Could argue mental fragility this year and I might not argue.
Only someone like Toucan could argue against something that's become increasingly obvious.
Boston completely outplayed us in TWO chances to win it. Embarrasing to not even get ONE goal at home in game frickin' SEVEN of the Stanley cup finals.
Twins .... no show. Luongo .... no show. Kesler ... no show.
Vancouver Canucks .... no show.
Bret H wrote: Oh well, can't be disappointed with the season but it still sure s*cks to lose a game 7.
This is probably the biggest disappointment of a long, long list of Canuck disappointments over the last 40 years.
Maybe you're not disappointed with the season but to me it was the Cup or bust, and we busted. I don't give a crap if we have the Art Ross Trophy and the Presidents Trophy. There is only one trophy that matters and we blew it once again.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

That game was a dog's breakfast. The Canucks sucked big time. I saw in the first two shifts we were gonna lose.

Heartbreaking. the effort, was embarrassing. I hate to be right, but they came in with no confidence.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Only someone like Toucan could argue against something that's become increasingly obvious.
I'll let you guys mire in "mental fragility" because if that's what you believe, you care much more about this team than I do. We just got beat, had nothing left from our best players, and Luongo sucked. No vagueness or minutia needed. Oh, not to mention we got stoned cold by Thomas.

Bloody morons downtown are a disgrace. That's all I have to say on that. Makes a bloody shame of a result into a much bigger travesty.

I'm probably not going to be posting much any longer as I just don't have the gumption for the debates which used to be fun and lively, but now seem a bit tedious (I'm sure for everyone), so I'll let you guys carry on without having to beat your heads against a wall. Been a lot of fun sparring with the lot of you over the years. This year was a little less so around here, but that might be just my own interest in the game tapering out. Maybe overkill, who knows. Take care Canucks fans one and all and I hope your patience pays off next year as there's no reason they won't be back there again as soon as that. And forgive the self-indulgence of an adios post, will ya?
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Jovorock wrote: Bret H wrote:
Oh well, can't be disappointed with the season but it still sure s*cks to lose a game 7.

This is probably the biggest disappointment of a long, long list of Canuck disappointments over the last 40 years.
Maybe you're not disappointed with the season but to me it was the Cup or bust, and we busted. I don't give a crap if we have the Art Ross Trophy and the Presidents Trophy. There is only one trophy that matters and we blew it once again.
Fair enough. But to me this season proves we have a true top team, we have the core in place for a number of years to come, and I seriously believe Canucks will be in this race for quite some time now. Although tonight was disappointing I'm still looking forward to coming seasons and coming cup runs, as opposed to earlier seasons when an early exit was the standard. After years and years of being rediculed by friends and fans of other teams, it is not that bad to be established as a top team (yes, I know, remains to be seen, but I believe we will be, and that's why I'm still rather pleased with the season...)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

the toucan kid wrote:
I'll let you guys mire in "mental fragility" because if that's what you believe, you care much more about this team than I do. We just got beat, had nothing left from our best players, and Luongo sucked. No vagueness or minutia needed. Oh, not to mention we got stoned cold by Thomas.

Bloody morons downtown are a disgrace. That's all I have to say on that. Makes a bloody shame of a result into a much bigger travesty.

I'm probably not going to be posting much any longer as I just don't have the gumption for the debates which used to be fun and lively, but now seem a bit tedious (I'm sure for everyone), so I'll let you guys carry on without having to beat your heads against a wall. Been a lot of fun sparring with the lot of you over the years. This year was a little less so around here, but that might be just my own interest in the game tapering out. Maybe overkill, who knows. Take care Canucks fans one and all and I hope your patience pays off next year as there's no reason they won't be back there again as soon as that. And forgive the self-indulgence of an adios post, will ya?
You suck as do ALL fickle Canuck fans...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

dr.dork wrote:I think our team had more talent (healthy), but Boston played better. Beat by better depth again. Losing Hamhuis, Samuellson, Rome hurt and Kesler was ineffective. With Chara and Seidenberg doing a number on the sedins, we were owned by the bruins lines 2-4.

Our PP and PK sucked in this round too. More short handed goals against than goals scored, no ??
And of course Thomas was huge and Lou crapped the bed three times in Boston.

I have been a Luongo defender, but he had a very bipolar series and playoff...and that is beign generous.

Could argue mental fragility this year and I might not argue.
Or the simple arguement.. Your best players got to be your best players ... Sedins and Luongo simply weren't..Sedins , Erhoff on for all 3 goals against :( ..Boston wanted it more.. and outplayed us in all departments ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Arachnid wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:

Not sure if you're addressing me or Toucan, or both, but I don't think that any of the regular posters on CC are "fickle Canuck fans". Perhaps a lot of us are frustrated, discouraged, embittered, disheartened and ungratified. But fickle I'm not.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

... one thing to add
Bret H wrote:seemed like a game vs Florida in November.
This was truly disappointing. It's OK to lose the finals to a better team in 7 games. But if there is anything really, really disappointing I'll remember from this season is that they lost game 7 without giving it 100% (I'm sure they did, but it didn't look like it... too nervous, too injured, too worn out... I don't know... Ehrhoff seemed like he couldn't control the puck even if he received it on the tape with no opponent within 50 yards).
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

woodhog wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Not sure if you're addressing me or Toucan, or both, but I don't think that any of the regular posters on CC are "fickle Canuck fans". Perhaps a lot of us are frustrated, discouraged, embittered, disheartened and ungratified. But fickle I'm not.[/quote]

Nope, Fickle aboot sums it up...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Masked Man
AHL Prospect

Post by Masked Man »

They went meekly. By that I don't mean I wanted fighting, cheap shots, or poor sportsmanship after the outcome wasw clear. I wanted more than, as somebodt put, a game against Florida in November. It was almost BORING to watch such a lifeless performance.

And I don't mean to kick a dead horse, but I have no faith in Luongo. To me, he's become a more talented Cloutier. The Forrest Gump of goaltending. You never known what you're gonna get. Yes, he's capable of brilliance, but give me steadily adequate any day.

The Sedins are too good not to learn from this.

Damn, this hurts.
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

I'm shattered.

I'm pissed off.

Why do we bother.

We were up 2-0 in the series then lost 4 of the last 5 games.

Pathetic.

Luongo is overpaid and that is why he will unfortunatly remain a Canuck for a long time, Cory Schneider will be traded to replace some injured players next year, and it will take at least another decade to get where we were this year. Oh well, hopefully I am wrong
Masked Man
AHL Prospect

Post by Masked Man »

lifer wrote:We were up 2-0 in the series then lost 4 of the last 5 games.

I never in a million years thought the Canucks could lose 4 of 5 to ANYBODY this year.

I wonder if we're doomed to the Cubs fans of hockey?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I'm pretty choked. I really thought this was our year. We worked so hard all year to have this game @ home and we get shutout in our own barn. This is worst than 94. At least the 94 team kept it close and battled back from 3-1 series down. This time we had the series lead 2-0 and 3-2, had 2 chances to get the 4th win, but didn't even come close to winning the 4th game either time.