Bersnoozi's keys to winning tonite:
1) Come out Hitting: when the canucks play physical, they are pretty dominating (ie: opening game vs Hawks, game #5 bruins). Edler, Torres, Lapierre, Bieska, Alberts, Burr, Kes, Oreskovich have go to bring the smack down.
2) Louie: don't let in a bad goal. If one bad goal goes in on him, the flood gates seem to open. Just keep it close, we have better scorers than them and if it's a tie game, our guys will find the goal.
3) Score the 1st goal. Get the fans behind us, make them gamble/open it up a bit, then our guys will make them pay in the counterattack
If I were AV, this is what I'd say to them. I'd specifically call out 2 of our guys in my speal:
1) Louie: Thomas is going to rob u of the Vezina trophy 2X now. How does that make u feel? Are u going to let him take the Stanley Cup from u today as well? I know you're a better goalie than him. I believe in u man, you're my guy. U are going to play the game of your life tonite. I need u to hold the fort and keep it close. We'll do everything we can in front of u to help u, but u need to make the save. U are going to deny Thomas of the Cup tonite. It will be u drinking out of the cup tonite and u are going to prove to the world that u are a better goalie.
2) Hank and Dan: Dan specifically. That young punk Marchand took some shots @ u and u did nothing. I know u guys are not fighters and I know I want u guys to be diciplined. All your careers u have been called too soft and sisters, but u have done alot to prove ppl wrong and that u are top NHL players. I know u guys have amazing hearts and are no push overs. I don't expect u to deliver retribution by fighting, but I know u guys are capable of delivering payback where it hurts boston the most.... on the scoresheet. U guys have won hart trophies, Art Rosses, but u have yet to win the most vital trophy of all. U are going to win the holy grail tonite and prove to the world once and for all that u have the heart of lion and that u are a winner!
Saint Luc (Bourdon): Bless us one last time and send us a prayer to the hockey gods. U have carried us this far and we trust u will be with us in this final step. GO CANUCKS GO!