R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

Post by Cornuck »

What happens in Boston stays in Boston.

Ok - game 7 starts in less than 24 hours. Time for a game (day?) thread!

For those of you downtown, be aware ofearly liquor store closings.

This has been a home ice series - in extreme fashion. Will the trend continue?

Game 6 showed that we can get the chances - we blew some open nets that would have changed the game, but instead we got another bomb. Luongo has shown the ability to bounce back - and after Games 3 & 4, he shut down the Bruins.

So in other words - like the team, we have to forget what we saw on the road and remember that things are different in our house. We have the depth. We have the speed. We have the skill.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: R4G7 - Game 7 - Wednesday - 7pm

Post by Robert »

I think Tambellini draws in. As it should be. Keep the speed up, we've seen him be able to score (some great top shelf shots come to mind) and the whole Vancouver boy with those dreams will be huge!

Go Tambs!

Score an early PP goal. That would equate to like a winning scratch ticket.. for me anyways. :D
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

If it were up to me, I'd insert Tamby and Bolduc, but I'd move up Malhotra and Hansen for the last game and the most important game of the season.

1)D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burr
2)Higgins-Kesler-Jansen
3)Torres-Malhotra-Lapierre
4)Tamby-Bolduc-Oreskovich

1)Edler-Bieska
2)Erhoff-Salo
3)Alberts-Tanev

-Luongo starts, live and die with him.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

If it were up to me, I'd insert Tamby and Bolduc, but I'd move up Malhotra and Hansen for the last game and the most important game of the season.
Frankly, Malhotra probably should even be in the lineup. The story is wonderful, but he can't keep up out there. Scratching Hansen is unthinkable...

Edit: Jansen, nevermind, still you can shuffle in game, so there's no real harm. Not sure Bolduc is up for this kind of game.

Anyway, I'm ready to get this done. I'm hoping for the best, but frankly, a cup run is just TOO long and taxing on the fans, not to mention the guys in the gear, and really something needs to be done about the playoff format. That's for another day I suppose.

Today is all about, as Pat Quinn put it "legitimizing the franchise." I know these guys are gassed and hurt, but if they can muster one more good effort, and the man between the pipes can find a way to keep his head straight, then yes, I totally believe the Cup can be ours tonight.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

tim thomas - Your ......... skates .....feel ........VERY...... heavy......... silver pendulum waves

Your ........gloves ........feel.......like.......wet..... heavy... bricks.... silver pendulum waves....
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I lasted 45 minutes at work. I am a mess and told the boss fuck this I'm outta here! :lol:

Bodog had me at staying at least an hour @ -1.45 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I hate the NHL !!!

GO CANUCKS GO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Cookie, you taking tomorrow off? I'm stuck at a conference in Vienna, so I've got no choice but to show up! Ugh! Going to bed now to wake up for the 2 - 5 am match. See you guys then!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fuck me, I am sooooooooo wired, going to watch it at my favorite brew pub...there isn't enough beer there... 8-)

Cheers mates! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

It's Game Fucking Seven....La Fin du Monde!

:drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The mother of all game day threads.

I was fine all day until I heard Jim Robson on Hockey Night in Canada radio at around 5:30 eastern time. He was talking about the inaugural Canucks team and then the 94 team. My heart started pumping, and I actually shed a tear. I'll be shedding more tonight regardless of the outcome.

GO CANUCKS GO !!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Bersnoozi's keys to winning tonite:

1) Come out Hitting: when the canucks play physical, they are pretty dominating (ie: opening game vs Hawks, game #5 bruins). Edler, Torres, Lapierre, Bieska, Alberts, Burr, Kes, Oreskovich have go to bring the smack down.
2) Louie: don't let in a bad goal. If one bad goal goes in on him, the flood gates seem to open. Just keep it close, we have better scorers than them and if it's a tie game, our guys will find the goal.
3) Score the 1st goal. Get the fans behind us, make them gamble/open it up a bit, then our guys will make them pay in the counterattack

If I were AV, this is what I'd say to them. I'd specifically call out 2 of our guys in my speal:
1) Louie: Thomas is going to rob u of the Vezina trophy 2X now. How does that make u feel? Are u going to let him take the Stanley Cup from u today as well? I know you're a better goalie than him. I believe in u man, you're my guy. U are going to play the game of your life tonite. I need u to hold the fort and keep it close. We'll do everything we can in front of u to help u, but u need to make the save. U are going to deny Thomas of the Cup tonite. It will be u drinking out of the cup tonite and u are going to prove to the world that u are a better goalie.

2) Hank and Dan: Dan specifically. That young punk Marchand took some shots @ u and u did nothing. I know u guys are not fighters and I know I want u guys to be diciplined. All your careers u have been called too soft and sisters, but u have done alot to prove ppl wrong and that u are top NHL players. I know u guys have amazing hearts and are no push overs. I don't expect u to deliver retribution by fighting, but I know u guys are capable of delivering payback where it hurts boston the most.... on the scoresheet. U guys have won hart trophies, Art Rosses, but u have yet to win the most vital trophy of all. U are going to win the holy grail tonite and prove to the world once and for all that u have the heart of lion and that u are a winner!

Saint Luc (Bourdon): Bless us one last time and send us a prayer to the hockey gods. U have carried us this far and we trust u will be with us in this final step. GO CANUCKS GO! :D
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Embarassing how badly we were outplayed by the Bruins in this series - a team we held an advantage over in virtually every statistical category.

I'm really getting tired of this. Watching our best players get outplayed by seeming nobodies. At Naslund-Bertuzzi were outplayed by a rising superstar (save the injuries) in Marion Gaborik. Marchand has played well beyond his expectations.

And hence the frustration. Best players getting outplayed not by Boston's best (save Chara/Thomas) but by their grinders.

Couldn't even make it interesting. Truly bitterly disappointing to be a Canucks fan.

It's 4 am. I got a hell of a day ahead of me. Wish I could have been jealous of the party I was missing. I'm out.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Sorry but I just got to say, that third goal was total kick to the nuts. It's bad enough losing but to have a goal like that count? Fuck off!

That's the kind of goal you imagine is the only way you'll score on Thomas (albeit expecting it won't count). I missed the second goal as the feed froze.

I guess all we can hope for now is a completely dominant third period with at least a goal to gain some back some credibility. It's seemingly insurmountable so I just want them to go out swinging at least.

But I can't keep watching. They'll just disappoint me. Cue the amazing comeback victory while I'm missing it all! :D
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I think our team had more talent (healthy), but Boston played better. Beat by better depth again. Losing Hamhuis, Samuellson, Rome hurt and Kesler was ineffective. With Chara and Seidenberg doing a number on the sedins, we were owned by the bruins lines 2-4.

Our PP and PK sucked in this round too. More short handed goals against than goals scored, no ??
And of course Thomas was huge and Lou crapped the bed three times in Boston.

I have been a Luongo defender, but he had a very bipolar series and playoff...and that is beign generous.

Could argue mental fragility this year and I might not argue.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Bad to lose, even worse that I got robbed of the dramatics of a game 7... seemed like a game vs Florida in November.

Oh well, can't be disappointed with the season but it still sure s*cks to lose a game 7.

Feel really bad for you all of you fans in Vancouver!!!

Go Canucks go!