R4G5 - Canucks @ home vs Boston - 5pm - Friday

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: R4G5 - Canucks @ home vs Boston - 5pm - Friday

Post by the toucan kid »

Don't you think that the Bruins are hurting just as much, not to mention losing Savard and Horton?
I expect so. It's what is left that matters. Hank and Kes for us look like they should be lying in a bed not skating on the ice, Lucic, Krejci etc. look pretty good to me. Chara on the other hand? Well you may have a point...
Yes, Raymond is skating well but he's got to produce some points to be of much value in the last game(s). He's been too much of a perimeter player and needs to get to the dirty places to be an effective second line player. A lucky bounce or two wouldn't hurt his chances either.
Fired one right from the slot that Thomas robbed him on. Not much you can do. He was our most dangerous forward last night.
Spoke with a friend of mine from Malmo, Sweden and he watched the game, nervous as hell until Lapierre scored. He said right then and there, I think it's enough for the win. He was right!
Me too! But before that I saw very little I liked. The hitting was as much taking us out of position and surrendering chances as it was helping. I'm not sure it was terribly effective, especially against a team that win that type of struggle any time they want against us. We need to win with our game, and that isn't it. We got pretty, pretty lucky and got the right saves by our goaltender.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Lotus Blossom said :
The biggest difference was, the Canucks out-hit the Bruins 47-27 and kept the B's off their game. Now if the Canucks can just pull the trigger on Thomas and get some past him, they've got the cup.
Agree completely.. Every game we've won we have outhit the Bruins.. Edler looked great last night and was hitting like a freight train ..

Toucan ? maybe change your name to Ostrich?? :lol: thats the other bird - you know the one that hides his head in the sand.. Hitting is effective and without it the Canucks would be playing golf by now..

Now if only our warriors can be patched together enough for 1 more big game.. We got a Stanley :D
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Agree completely.. Every game we've won we have outhit the Bruins.. Edler looked great last night and was hitting like a freight train ..

Toucan ? maybe change your name to Ostrich?? :lol: thats the other bird - you know the one that hides his head in the sand.. Hitting is effective and without it the Canucks would be playing golf by now..

Now if only our warriors can be patched together enough for 1 more big game.. We got a Stanley :D
Edler looked as bad as he did (as did everyone in the first) in Game 3/4 until they settled down later...

ANYTHING is better than my current username. and...

If your warriors are Kes, Hank, and distantly possible Hammer... sure thing. If you mean another round of Torres lunging and barely retracting from yet another interference penalty... well then we're headed back to Van in a Russian roulette finale.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

If the Canucks don't play that physical and out hit the bruins in that manner we lose that game. How are you gonna play with intensity and not hit? boston would have had a much easier time of moving the puck if we turned away..
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

If the Canucks don't play that physical and out hit the bruins in that manner we lose that game. How are you gonna play with intensity and not hit? boston would have had a much easier time of moving the puck if we turned away..
I didn't say NOT hit, but they could definitely have hit smarter and probably saved some chances. Those could just have easily gone in, or those penalties could have gone against us. We got lucky, and much more so than they did. Boston had a very easy time moving the puck when our D men went out of position and they threw the puck through the middle to create an odd man rush. The hit has to stop that pass to work, and while some did, a number didn't.
Gabriel123
AHL Prospect

Post by Gabriel123 »

Nu als alleen kunnen onze strijders herstelde kalme overvloedig voor 1 zijn toevoegden grote vette letters. Wij kregen Stanley: D :D :D