R4G5 - Canucks @ home vs Boston - 5pm - Friday

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R4G5 - Canucks @ home vs Boston - 5pm - Friday

Post by Cornuck »

The hatred for the Bruins is official. I gave them some slack because of Bobby Orr, but they have transcended my man-love for Orr and made me hate the organization from top to bottom.

Game 5.... once again, we're left guessing which side of Team Schizo will show up? I have hope after seeing them regroup after the Chicago losses, so they have the ability to do it again. If not, then we're looking at 2 must win games in a row.

I guess that this is the Canuck way. Nothing comes easy for us fans. But on the bright side, tickets for Game 5 are down a little in price.

To those of you who are lucky enough to be there Friday night, please make the Boston feel very unwelcome.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: R4G5 - Canucks @ home vs Boston - 5pm - Friday

Post by Linden Is God »

My hatred for the Bruins has been ongoing since they early 90's. I can't stand this team and the way they play. It's bush league to me. It's really going to eat me up inside (and I assume it will with others) if the Canucks lose out this series. I feel like it's a must win for them tonight. I expect Lou to have a bounce back game and the Sedins to break out big. My work day is done so time to get some beer, have a nap and then settle in for the game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

To win this one.. the Sedins got to quit looking at the ref's for penalties and put a bit more fight into their game.. and Raymonds got to get his body bruised.. go to tne net, getting tired of watching him use his speed then hold up and shoot from the perimimter.. D has to stand tall and make Boston forwards pay the pirce. Plus Luongo has to play his best..

Goooooooo Canucks..... 3 ... boston 2
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
CDN Lemming
AHL Prospect

Post by CDN Lemming »

I'm a big schnider fan and I have bashed luingo something fierce lately. But tonite he has my full support and I think if we take off some of the presure from nucknation he will pull it out. We know he dosent feel good about his 12 goals in 2 games. Let's move on and Go King Louie!!!!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Fuck this is a hard trophy to win.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Gutsy effort from Luongo tonight. Still not firing on all cylinders by any means but the team found a way to pull it out. Fantastic to see Luongo bounce back like that especially after game 4 (when it was expected he would).

How awesome is Maxim Lapierre? I mean seriously. The additions have proved to be far more valuable than we could have imagine. Higgins was fantastic in the early half but has certainly tapered off of late. But Lapierre has far exceeded my expectations. And he knows the Bruins well and is presumably loathed by them. Let's sign him to an extension! Perfect 3rd/4th line centre! We really lucked out on that acquisition considering where his career was heading.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

How awesome is Lapierre ? Do you asked this question ? Was in my mind the last 2 hours...

Nevertheless, don't kid your minds. Just for now i'm fucking happy that we get at least a chance in game 7.

GO CANUCKS GO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

3rd line is probably the best 3rd line in the NHL.. they are the difference makes again tonight. kudo's.. Luongo.. Lapierre.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Woot.. Max Max ftw! Nice to see him get a big goal like that, one of my fav guys. :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Yep, Torres, Malhotra & Lapierre were the difference last night...won't get started about Kesler & the Sedins but we will need them if we are to get one more...BeanTown here I come! :twisted:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Robert wrote:Fuck this is a hard trophy to win.
My girlfriend is from Germany and I tried to tell her just how hard it is to win and and she said surely not like the World Cup of soccer?! And I said you'll see... :lol: now she' a believer and looks pretty in pink Canuck swag 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

While I thought Hansen and Lapierre (faking aside) were pretty great, Torres nearly cost us the game on so many occasions. He seemed to find some kind of par by the third, but he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off in the first. Completely misjudged and inappropriate. He wasn't alone. Alberts etc. as well. Edler and Bieksa both going for hits and giving up rush chances because of it.

Didn't like our game much, but Boston played poorly (as to say worse) so we got away with it because of some lucky bounces (there were more than a few) and some key saves by Lou.

We might win a game 7 that way in our barn (might), but to win Monday, well we might need more than what's left in the tank. This is a damn hard trophy to win as was mentioned, and some of our best players are really out of gas (probably due to injuries) like Kesler. Makes it hard to have a top flight effort, not to mention losing Hamhuis.

Raymond had a strong strong game, and his speed might just pan out here if he keeps it up.

We've got to hope we can squeak out another or that Thomas loses his focus for a moment or two.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote: This is a damn hard trophy to win as was mentioned, and some of our best players are really out of gas (probably due to injuries) like Kesler. Makes it hard to have a top flight effort, not to mention losing Hamhuis..
Don't you think that the Bruins are hurting just as much, not to mention losing Savard and Horton?
the toucan kid wrote: Raymond had a strong strong game, and his speed might just pan out here if he keeps it up.
Yes, Raymond is skating well but he's got to produce some points to be of much value in the last game(s). He's been too much of a perimeter player and needs to get to the dirty places to be an effective second line player. A lucky bounce or two wouldn't hurt his chances either.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Raymond might be the unluckiest player out there. I really loved his game but man his shots have to start going in. That one in particular where he had most of the open corner and hits the blocker instead was most frustrating..
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I was at Rogers Arena last night, and the tension was extra high after those losses in Boston, but there was a lot of positivity in the air.

I got on HNIC with the Odds and Paul Rodgers from Free singing "All Right Now". Steve Nash got the fans all hyped up being there cheering the boys on as well with his GF, and the minute the house feed panned on Trevor Linden the place exploded in appreciation! Good vibes indeed.

When I went on the Bill Good show on Thursday, he said that both Katie and I seemed very positive about a turnaround here in Vancouver, I said Luongo is going to have one of his best games in the playoffs and he shut out the Bruins. The biggest difference was, the Canucks out-hit the Bruins 47-27 and kept the B's off their game. Now if the Canucks can just pull the trigger on Thomas and get some past him, they've got the cup.

Spoke with a friend of mine from Malmo, Sweden and he watched the game, nervous as hell until Lapierre scored. He said right then and there, I think it's enough for the win. He was right!

For some reason, I have feeling they will do it in Boston, not 100%, but I might not have to use my Game 7 tickets at Rogers Arena. I'm hoping, but I am so glad I have been able to witness the home games in person this year, and the atmosphere here in Vancouver is awesome. As vocal as the Bruins' fans are seeming, the Canucks fans have giving Canucks nation a culture here in Vancouver.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde