R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

The Blue Fairy wrote:Stilling watching here in St Louis. What the hell happened tonight? That wasn't Canucks hockey I was seeing on my TV. The hit on Horton changed the momentum of the game. I hope they can put this behind them and get it together for game 4.
Yes that is Canucks hockey you just haven't been watching them long enough to see these mental breakdowns. Between, the whole team shitting the bed, and playing Alberts more than 12 minutes is a bad thing.

However they will be fine for Wednesday, personally I felt this game coming. They have had too many wins in a row, and Boston was too easy on them. The old ugly cockiness came out once again. I thought they were over this bullshit, but I guess I was wrong.

The Nucks have never gone the easy path. Why change now? The only time it has been easy was against a team which is a bigger choker than they are San Jose. Giving Boston this much energy was a really a bad idea. They will still do it, but it will be a nail biter now. More drama...once again the Nuck way.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Let's just hope they forget that 60 minutes and move on to the next. If they don't, yikes.

Thomas stood on his head for a good chunk of that game. Luongo probably erased his chance at a Conn Smythe, and the Canucks played probably their worst hockey of the season, in a Cup Finals game. Nice.

The good news is they probably can't do any worse.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

We have yet to see the Vancouver Canucks play like they can....what will be their wake up call?

Last night, bad D, bad goaler, bad forwards...good emotional bears...meh...moving on to game 4!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

One good thing from last night - I didn't know that Oreskovich had those wheels! He was flying out there - especially for his size. Nice to see.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

4 Games for Rome?

That's absolutely ridiculous. I understand the NHL wants to eliminate these kinds of hits, but when you give Chara nothing for breaking a guys neck with a late hit into a vulnerable position, how can you suspend a player for the rest of the Finals (and into next season) for a hit that was just late.

Consistency doesn't exist in the NHL.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

4 Games for Rome?

That's absolutely ridiculous. I understand the NHL wants to eliminate these kinds of hits, but when you give Chara nothing for breaking a guys neck with a late hit into a vulnerable position, how can you suspend a player for the rest of the Finals (and into next season) for a hit that was just late.
I'll never say a suspension was too BIG, because discipline from the NHL is laughable. So as always, if they want to start throwing out stiffer suspensions, I'm all for sending Rome home, but that needs to continue to happen in all cases. I see, the whole react to the consequences (the close up of Horton's vacant eyes sure didn't help Rome... because that's actually what the league cares about, reputation, and not it's players) and not actions is still the law of the land though.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:
4 Games for Rome?

I'll never say a suspension was too BIG, because discipline from the NHL is laughable. So as always, if they want to start throwing out stiffer suspensions, I'm all for sending Rome home, but that needs to continue to happen in all cases. I see, the whole react to the consequences (the close up of Horton's vacant eyes sure didn't help Rome... because that's actually what the league cares about, reputation, and not it's players) and not actions is still the law of the land though.
Agree with you on all except for one minor detail.....you don't start a new standard for suspensions before game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals! Holy moly. The NHL looks 100% bush league on this one. Wow........laughable.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy