R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:Wait... everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is feeling... yeah I kinda expected this one and am not at all worried... right?
Right. No worries here - just one bad period.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

the toucan kid wrote:Wait... everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is feeling... yeah I kinda expected this one and am not at all worried... right?
I'm going to pin this one on you Toucan ;)
This PK is ballsy, by the by. You might even say, the series is over as of... now.
2 lucky goals (Edler stick break & Kesler goal) awakens the Bruins. Our much vanunted powerplay has looked pretty pop gun in this series.

Don't like to see Luongo give up the last two. Team as a whole is out of synch this period. Odd considering how solid they looked in the first. Had the Bruins against the ropes.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I hate this fucking program!

I posted a reply and it decided not to post it.. piss me off
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Ouch. I turned it off at 3-0 and wasted my time elsewhere. My anxiety this morning was that we were going to see the return of 7uongo (what the Flames fans call him) in this series, and I guess that's turned out to be the case, even though he's certainly blameless for the first 2.

Looking at the scorebox and all the penalties, I'm guessing the Canucks can't take much positive out of this one, other than perhaps Rome won't play next game.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:How the hell is he supposed to protect himself at that speed anymore than Rome is supposed to know if he's early or late? I would agree with you and Grapes in 1991, but at today's pace that is completely irresponsible.
How does he do it? I don't know.
You just made my point. You COULD protect yourself once upon a time.

Now the big question is how does the NHL protect it's players without gutting the game? I don't know that.

Oh well, should try to get back to enjoying the game, because it's very good thus far.
A tweet from Nick Kyperios after the hit:Rome hit close to a full second late on #Bruins Horton. Anything well above half is pretty much an automatic #NHL suspension.

That's scary man. The fact that Horton only had about a second to react. Just shows how fast the game is.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

That's f'n crap. That hit happens 100 times per game... it's called finishing the check... except in this case the guy getting hurt went at the hittie
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow... Just wow.

Memories of Chicago are coming back. A totally undisciplined game by both sides, but the Bruins made the most of it. Thomas was suburb - and the game degraded from about 30 minutes in.

The Bruins looked a lot bigger in this game, than the previous 2.

There's only one question to ask after a night like this. How will the Canucks react?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

heheh

You're joking right? 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Wow. Hands down, that was the most exciting drubbing I have ever watched the Canucks take. Reminded me of when we had Gino, Donald and Scotty "Lead hands" on our 4th line. Except, this time, we have true talent, and even though the game was lost, the guys continued to show heart.

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel hockey universe. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'. - Jayne Cobb

Bring on 2 more games!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Canucks have to get back to playing Canucks hockey.

Alberts out, Rome suspended, Ballard and Tanev in (unless Hamhuis is ready?).

Luongo stays in, he'll bounce back.

Offensively, not sure what they will want to switch up.

The leadership in the room will make everyone forget this one and get the focus on the 4th game.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel hockey universe. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'. - Jayne Cobb
money.

and why the heck would Rome be suspended?

late hit?
yup.

5 and a game?
yup.

Rule 48?
nope.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Still say Nucks in 6.

It's just a loss.

Boston show'd up, getting tired of the the 2nd period meltdown however. It happened in game 2 as well but Lu save our ass that game.

Lu wanted to stay in...he'll be fine next game. So will the rest of the team..but yes...goodbye Rome. Let's play our good guys please. I'll take the defensive lapses of Ballard over Romes slow play which is pulling penalties.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

:D

This is such a wonderful setup....

I'm happy...

Friday night here we come.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Madcombinepilot wrote: and why the heck would Rome be suspended?

late hit?
yup.

5 and a game?
yup.

Rule 48?
nope.
I suppose no one knows for sure, but he does have a meeting in the morning:
NHL spokesman Frank Brown said the league would hold a hearing at 11 a.m. on Tuesday with Rome. The league is in its first full season with Rule 48, a ban of blindside hits to the head of unsuspecting opponents.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Ho ... z1OZ3lvl00
The Blue Fairy
AHL Prospect

Post by The Blue Fairy »

Stilling watching here in St Louis. What the hell happened tonight? That wasn't Canucks hockey I was seeing on my TV. The hit on Horton changed the momentum of the game. I hope they can put this behind them and get it together for game 4.

I really hate these types of hits. We lost David Perron to a blind side hit from Joe Thorton last november and he is still having problems.