R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: R4G3 - Canucks @ Bruins - Monday - 7pm

Post by rockalt »

Absolutely disgusting. I am biased because I've never liked Rome but what the hell was he doing there? I hope that Hornton recovers quickly. The look on his face was incredibly terrifying. No place for that it in the game.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Absolutely disgusting. I am biased because I've never liked Rome but what the hell was he doing there? I hope that Hornton recovers quickly. The look on his face was incredibly terrifying. No place for that it in the game.
But the impact would have been the same if he had the puck though. That's the problem. Same with the Seabrooke hit earlier, it looks viscous and the results are scary. What is to be said, these pads at this speed, make open ice hitting something that might not be allowed to be what it was in years past.

This PK is ballsy, by the by. You might even say, the series is over as of... now.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I hate blaming the victim in these situations, but the CBC commentators are right. While the hit was late and a penalty, Horton has to protect himself in that situation as well. How does he do it? I don't know. But you can't blame Rome entirely because Horton hit his head on the ice.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

rockalt wrote:Absolutely disgusting. I am biased because I've never liked Rome but what the hell was he doing there? I hope that Hornton recovers quickly. The look on his face was incredibly terrifying. No place for that it in the game.
WHAT?? don't open ice hit guys?
Please...Don Cherry has called for guys to finish their checks for ever...and late...
The check was late but Horton has to have his head up for hits that are north/south.

It was not blind side.

Just because hit got caught is no ones fault. Anyone can get caught...he just got it bad....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

How the hell is he supposed to protect himself at that speed anymore than Rome is supposed to know if he's early or late? I would agree with you and Grapes in 1991, but at today's pace that is completely irresponsible.
How does he do it? I don't know.
You just made my point. You COULD protect yourself once upon a time.

Now the big question is how does the NHL protect it's players without gutting the game? I don't know that.

Oh well, should try to get back to enjoying the game, because it's very good thus far.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

This is just incredible!!

I LOVE this hockey game.

The Canucks are making the bruins look stupid... this is boston's period... hard hitting.. energy... ya whatever so what happens?

The canucks just bring it harder.. faster... better D.. better O.. and way more physical. The work ethic is epic.. Hanson, Torres at the end wow!

We won the cup in the first round.

Man do I respect chicago now... 2nd best so far... 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hey jamie, please. this was just nothin... i feel for the guy but nathan got pretty unlucky on this one... non fault or anything to rome
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Robert wrote:

We've won the cup???? :mrgreen: :devil: :crazy: :blush:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

The puck was long gone by the time he decided to lay out the hit. A stupid late hit by Rome. Much worse than the Seabrook hit IMO.

The sad thing is this crap will continue if the league doesn't throw the book at the offenders. I'd rather not have our star players suffer the same dirty hits.

You can see that Julien was looking to goon it up with the addition of Thornton in place of Seguin. Love the physical battles but hate to see the cheap shots like that.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

imo wasn't a so called cheap shot, no way sorry
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcQ6nnmoGg

Count the time between the pass and the hit. A very late hit. I agree with you that Hornton has to be aware of his surroundings but that far from justifies Rome's hit.

Whatever, I'll be happy to see Rome out of the lineup. The defense is better off with Ballard in the lineup anyway.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Robert wrote:

We've won the cup???? :mrgreen: :devil: :crazy: :blush:
Yes... wednesday (unfortunetly lookin' that way).. or friday! :D
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

just smashed one of my sticks i hat ethis gamw
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Wait... everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is feeling... yeah I kinda expected this one and am not at all worried... right?
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Robert wrote:This is just incredible!!

I LOVE this hockey game.

The Canucks are making the bruins look stupid... this is boston's period... hard hitting.. energy... ya whatever so what happens?

The canucks just bring it harder.. faster... better D.. better O.. and way more physical. The work ethic is epic.. Hanson, Torres at the end wow!

take it back?
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson