R4G1 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: R4G1 - Canucks host Bruins - 5pm

Post by Robert »

You know things are gonna go good when you win the game in which you sucked the third... this was their game to steal but alas... cie la vie! hahaha

Unreal goalers tonight though.. wow!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hansen was more of a hero imo. Generally this line had pretty drive with Lapierre even if Keslers effort on the blueline was magnificent and led to the goal...

Go Canucks go, just 3 wins left. :cheers: :towel:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Robert wrote: cie la vie! hahaha
C'est la vie? :roll:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Luo outplayed Thomas....freak'n brilliant!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

How so?

I thought they faced different shots myself...

Getting a real laff reading some boston message board shit... it's funny how the opposition (us) is at their best, and they will be able to step it up and beat us. lol

In for a shock game two les bruins... 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Big hits like this are ONE OF THE THINGS we'll need to be successful:
Good, just remember to put it that way.

As for the game, hopefully we're not down a hammer, or Burrows. Good for Torres, and that third line is really stealing the show. Hansen, I've always liked, but wow, a best kept secret for sure.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

: Torres gets 4 games
by the toucan kid on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Don't mind it at all. He earned it. Now, if we want to get rid of that type of hit, and I do, then it needs to be a lot more, but the edict needs to be passed down next season.

Torres is possibly the least important player on the team anyway, so losing him for two important games doesn't make me too sad.

Crow now being served in the dining room Toucan :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote: As for the game, hopefully we're not down a hammer, or Burrows. Good for Torres, and that third line is really stealing the show. Hansen, I've always liked, but wow, a best kept secret for sure.
The beauty of it is that we have some pretty good depth and even missing a couple of players shouldn't really affect us too much.

Yeah, Hanson has been golden. Great game by him tonight. Unsung hero to be sure.

Enjoy your crow.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Boston didn't look good at all - not like a "Stanley Cup contender".

On the other hand, we didn't either - a lot of play down in the Bruins' end with no finish. (except the obvious).

The refs, again, ruined what could have been a great game. Let these teams play and we'll have a great series.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
juggerknot
CC Rookie

Post by juggerknot »

Arachnid wrote:Luo outplayed Thomas....freak'n brilliant!
Not sure that I fully agree, but I will say that Luongo made a bunch of difficult saves and made them look easy; Thomas made a bunch of difficult saves, and made them look, well...difficult.

Were the first and second so fundamentally different from the third that we went from a parade to the box to whistles in the pocket? A lot of marginal calls both ways tonight. Boston's PP got shots tonight, but didn't look dangerous - mostly because Luongo controlled his rebounds well.

Still, the better team tonight won the game. Win #13 with the winner by #13 - too bad he couldn't have waited another 5.5 seconds!
The Blue Fairy
AHL Prospect

Post by The Blue Fairy »

1 down 3 to go. Tonight's game was intense.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Both the Nucks and Bruins had rust on them. We played defensively well, but our powerplay was about .25 seconds out of sync. The Sedins didn't have any flow on their line till probably the third. The third line I would say was our best line tonight and is fitting because Torres got the game winner. If it wasn't for either goaltender this game would have been much different. If Lu and Thomas keep playing like this, it will be a low scoring series...but not as low scoring as tonight.

Ya well the refs, at least they called lame calls on both sides. They wanted the "boys" to settle down because there was a lot of after scrum bullshit. Just hope Burrows doesn't get a suspension for his "bite"

This will be tight...but we will beat them. I always feel better after the first game, to feel out the opponent and all. It feels like Nashville with more scoring prowess but Thomas isn't good as Renne. The Sedins also have confidence and will get points this series. Looking forward to game 2!!!

Gad I wish, I was in Van...must be such a sight in that town there. Grew up in Victoria before moving to Alberta in my 20's.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Crow now being served in the dining room Toucan :)
Eh. He's found a fit, whereas before he had no place on the team. I'm not really a fan, but I've said in the past, he can be effective if he plays smart and tries. Too bad most of the time this year we got none of the latter, but for the early playoffs where we got the the opposite of the former.

I mean he was just the guy to tap it in. No need to take his big moment down a peg, but of our forwards, he's at or near (game to game changes, but over a stretch) the bottom of the list. We have better third liners like Hansen in my opinion.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote: I mean he was just the guy to tap it in. No need to take his big moment down a peg, but of our forwards, he's at or near (game to game changes, but over a stretch) the bottom of the list. We have better third liners like Hansen in my opinion.
He was in the right position to tap it in. When the play developed there were three Boston players closer to the net, but Torres got there before them all (with Chara focussing on Hansen). But Hansen and Kesler made key plays as well.

But ignoring the goal, the third line was the best line last night. They played all their shifts in Boston's end.

As for the game, I didn't like all the penalties in the first two periods. Could have called half of them (on both sides). It was a very even game, and I am glad we came out on top ! I thought we had an edge on quality chances, and we outplayed them in the 3rd, but it was a close game (obviously).
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Boston's power play is looking bad, and will continue to look bad if they keep the same system. (I hope they do). Putting a player like Chara in front of the net isn't going to work. I don't think he has the skill set to make deflections or quick enough hands to get rebounds.

The Canucks did a great job of ignoring him, and turning the Bruins power play into a 4 on 4 that was mostly on the perimeter.

Also, it's amazing how Luongo got his 3rd Game 1 shutout.

Sports Media Watch reports that Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks drew a 25.5 rating in Boston: "For some perspective, Game 1 of last year's Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals drew a 19.1 in the market." The network's broadcast of Game 1 between Boston and Vancouver drew 4.53 million viewers in primetime, up 5% from Game 1 in 2010, between Philadelphia and Chicago, which drew 4.34 mullion viewers on a Saturday night.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."