R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

Post by BingoTough »

On the plus side, this didn't get penalised.

BAMMO! Take that McGinn
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BingoTough wrote:BAMMO! Take that McGinn
Loved it! Even better that it was McGinn

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Boy did he go for the full spill.

Anyone else actually think he might have been embellishing it to get a call? He looked like a gymnast...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yep that was great. Glad they didn't call it a penalty. Neither of them was going for the puck :lol: McGinn obviously out head-hunting and forgot who he was up against.

Ballard has the best hip-check in hockey, Hamhuis' ain't bad either.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Was so happy to see Ballard draw back into the lineup for that hit alone!

I see what you are all saying about the penalties ruining the flow to the game but honestly, I don't see what options the refs had.

I've never seen something like that happen but they were all clear penalties.

Of the four, I suppose you could argue the Mitchell penalty but he was pretty blatant in hooking Sedin down. I am generally not a fan of so many penalty calls but the Sharks have only themselves to blame. The two early penalties were lazy/careless plays by the Sharks and the too many men and delay of game calls? Pretty lousy way to lose a game but you have to be more careful than that.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

That Hamhuis call was bogus...totally embelished. Dan barely touched him.

I really hope Ballard can keep his position....guys will be tentative knowing he's on the ice...he's a superb hitter, and a bit high risk but such a solid skater and slick passer I think the pros outweigh the cons. With Rome you get very basic play but even then he has his defensive lapses and is not a strong skater. With Keith in our lineup our top 6 is sick!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I was in San Jose for game 4. Seeing over 6000 fans join our small contingent of 4 was amazing. I was expecting about 1000 fans to show up but it was unreal.

An SJ cop who works every Sharks game told Mr. LB and I, he's never seen any other opposing team bring this many people and pretty much take over their bars, their street, and their arena the way the Canucks fans did. O Canada was loud and proud, we chanted "Go Canucks go!" " Ole ole ole ole.." as much as we could throughout the whole game.

I can't wait to find out where I am going to watch the road games for the cup final, once the Canucks finish this series off.

GO CANUCKS GO!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Just giving you guys an idea how awesome Canucks fans were in SJ

VID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZEzBMnw2k

PICS: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... .703845211

I usually won't share these but, because it's round 3 and we're a small group of posters, I did.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

LB, that's amazing! It's one thing during the regular season but I'm surprised that you were all able to get tickets. I thought San Jose was actually a very good hockey market.

Well done supporting the team abroad. Must have been a hell of a trip and glad to see they were able to at least take one game from the set!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

rockalt wrote:LB, that's amazing! It's one thing during the regular season but I'm surprised that you were all able to get tickets. I thought San Jose was actually a very good hockey market.

Well done supporting the team abroad. Must have been a hell of a trip and glad to see they were able to at least take one game from the set!
SJ is a good hockey town, but yeah we got tickets the minute they went on sale via ticketmaster for Game 3 and then Game 4 we went through Stubhub.

We had an amazing time, and now it's time to hit either TB or Boston. We'll know shortly!