R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Re: R3G4: Canucks @ Sharks - NOON!

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

Donald S. Cherry needs to retire....senile old fart.

Canucks showed a lot of poise not going nuts on those 5 calls in a row. Whether the refs had to make the calls or not is irrelevant.....it's making the game look like a gong show. 3 goals on the PP have to be driving the Sharks crazy after their 0'fer.

Let's go boys...strong 3rd and we're in the drivers seat.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

West Coast Jets Fan wrote: 3 goals on the PP have to be driving the Sharks crazy after their 0'fer.
I think McLeland showed that when he was freaking out after the too many men call.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Now it's paying out, Ehrhoff, Rome out, Ballard, Tanev in. Same team. Go Canucks GOoooooooooooooooooooo
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Henrik is god. Thats a play i just can do by myself...Alexandre yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwww
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

3:1 now Sharks come answer... :mrgreen:
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Can't believe the shots were 35-13 Sharks as I thought Canucks was the better team tonight. Goes to show that number of shots is not that relevant, the quality is.

The Sharks need to see what Nashville did to the Sedins if they are going to have a chance to turn this around. That fourth goal was sick. I thought Henrik had just wasted a good scoring chance but a split second later I saw the puck was on Burrows' stick with an empty goal.
Last edited by Bret H on Sun May 22, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

i'm in van in 2 weeks..............stanleycupfinals
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

i'm in van in 2 weeks..............stanleycupfinals
Hmmm... I "wasted" this season's trip to Vancouver on Naslund night... seemed like a good idea at the time ;)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Bret H wrote:Can't believe the shots were 35-13 Sharks as I thought Canucks was the better team tonight. Goes to show that number of shots is not that relevant, the quality is.

The Sharks need to see what Nashville did to the Sedins if they are going to have a chance to turn this around. That fourth goal was sick. I thought Henrik had just wasted a good scoring chance but a split second later I saw the puck was on Burrows' stick with an empty goal.
The Canucks were the better team - in every area.

Henrik assist on the 4th goal was incredible - and it was funny when he was asked by Pang after the game: "Was that a shot or a pass?" - Henrik just said, "I'm not telling" and skated away. :D

Great game by the Canucks. Let's end this shit and get some rest!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
juggerknot
CC Rookie

Post by juggerknot »

You just never know how these games are going to play out, huh?

Unbelievably bad officiating in the first period - I guess as long as you fall in the vicinity of Tanner Glass, there'll be a call...and the hooking call on Hamhuis after four straight? Amazing that the Canucks kept composure through all of that and the PK finally showed why it was #1 in the league for most of the season. Honestly, I thought Ballard would get called for clipping against McGinn (looked more like clipping than the one he got called on last round) but I guess the refs had to show some restraint...

But good to see capitalization on the automatic calls going the other way. Not a fan of the 35-13 shotline at the end of the game, but when you're scoring 9, 10, and 14 seconds into 5-on-3's you won't rack up the shots. Niemi wasn't giving up rebounds because he was fishing the puck out from behind him.

I was kind of surprised to see Hodgson slide in; thought they'd go with 7 D and dress Alberts for insurance; good to see Tanev get a nice, quiet 9 minutes in - had one bobble of the puck in his own end that didn't lead to anything and otherwise did what he had to. Bieksa and Hamhuis put up great games again shouldering big minutes.

Torres was a wrecking ball again - he's most effective when he plays close to the line and if he gets a charging call now and then, I won't fault him (especially if they kill it off).

Even though I said Canucks in 6, I'd put money on them Tuesday night. 11 down, 5 to go!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Even though I said Canucks in 6, I'd put money on them Tuesday night. 11 down, 5 to go!
This is one game 5 we don't want to lose, if you know what I'm saying. I bet they do it, but they also better do it.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Watching game 3 & 4 I was almost turned off hockey, I mean really, the refs ruined two good semi-final games. Never mind we won it was disgusting with all those penalties and 5 on 3's...sometimes when I talk to people and they gave up on professional hockey I see their point now...what ever happened to letting the players play and the fans enjoy?!

Some penalties are deserved (blood drawn, puck over glass) but the marginal stuff?! Come on...put the fucking whistles away ya putzs and let the teams decide...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

sometimes when I talk to people and they gave up on professional hockey I see their point now...what ever happened to letting the players play and the fans enjoy?!
Yeah, I mean I can't be the only one who is basically watching to see the Canucks win finally and make the kid in me happy rather than actually enjoying the sport any longer?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

the toucan kid wrote:
sometimes when I talk to people and they gave up on professional hockey I see their point now...what ever happened to letting the players play and the fans enjoy?!
Yeah, I mean I can't be the only one who is basically watching to see the Canucks win finally and make the kid in me happy rather than actually enjoying the sport any longer?
82 & 94 was amazing but it seems harder to enjoy it this year even with such an amazingly talented and deep team. (the personalities of the 94 team seemed more interesting though...) lol, the long suffering kids in us override the reflex to stick our collective fingers down our throats when the refs are a bigger story than the actual playoff players and game itself.

Let the kids play!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)