R3G2 - Canucks host Sharks - 6pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R3G2 - Canucks host Sharks - 6pm

Post by Cornuck »

Game 1 was fun - how about if we play the same style again tonight?

Should expect a harder game from the Sharks as they try for the split? Will Canucks come out for a better start after only having a couple of days off? Are the Sedins getting back in the groove?

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: R3G2 - Canucks host Sharks - 6pm

Post by Linden Is God »

Finally got my car flag today and it's flying high (I say finally because living in Northern Ontario it's hard to find a Canucks fan, let alone find paraphernalia).

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

In southern ontarible I found one item only, in the five dollar bin some Canucks tube sock. Never seen one like this back in Van but hey it works!

After tonight I'm betting that a lot of pundits are gonna wonder if anyone left is good enough to take down the Canucks. Last game if you tuned in with five to go and didn't know the score you'd think it was the Canucks down by one as they were the one's pushing VERY hard for that last goal... a great sign in my opinion!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Robert wrote: After tonight I'm betting that a lot of pundits are gonna wonder if anyone left is good enough to take down the Canucks. Last game if you tuned in with five to go and didn't know the score you'd think it was the Canucks down by one as they were the one's pushing VERY hard for that last goal... a great sign in my opinion!
I'm sick of this crap. To me it seems like the CBC is scared to step on Cherry's toes and be pro everything he is (Bruins, Thornton, etc.). It's Hockey Night in Canada DAMN IT! If you're going to be biased be biased towards the Canadian team. Cherry wearing a Canuck coloured suit and talking about BXA every now and then doesn't cut it for me. If you don't want to show Canadian bias and least be impartial.

(BTW, jerseys are laid out on the couches, 2009 playoffs towel is nearby to wave and I'm wearing my #1 Luongo tee and my sick sick Canucks trucker hat.)

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well let's hope the Sharks keep playing Eager after that sideshow. The guy derailed a Shark team that was hanging in right until the end of the second periods. How that wasn't a 5 minute major is beyond me, but in the end it worked out okay for us. Thanks Ben, you tool!

The Powerplay is alive, as are the Sedins. Making that goof look like the clown he is, on the Rome goal, was something special.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Well let's hope the Sharks keep playing Eager after that sideshow.
According to McLellan, he's in for game 3. Eager's a douche and proved it again tonight.

Good game tonight, and they showed a lot of discipline by not joining the circus. The Sedins are getting are getting the space that Nashville didn't give them and are making the most of it. I'm enjoying the win, but remembering we were up 3-0 against Chicago and we all know how that went.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

This right now is the best I've ever felt... (hockey fan wise)

This

game

brought

tears

to

my

eyes

:-)

Most impressive thing I've ever seen.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

BXA a monster game.. 3rd line maybe the best in hockey.( Will the Rory haters pass the plate for more crow? ). Sedins came alive. WTF more can we ask ? :D
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I'm in Chicago right now (Check my IP if you wish ,stupid doubters ) and it's a little funny here. We watched at Sullivan's and not only until after the Bulls game and did I ever get some Hawks fans on my ass. LOL

talk about impressively spanking the Sharks and making a fool of Eager.

On ESPN, Melrose said the Canucks have been improving each game and the likely winner of te cup will be them.

Ok drunk and need to get ready for a work day tomorrow.

From the Windy City

WORD!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

The Canucks completely outclassed the Sharks in all facets of the game. It's great to see all 4 lines firing on all cylinders.
This right now is the best I've ever felt... (hockey fan wise)
This
game
brought
tears
to
my
eyes
Most impressive thing I've ever seen.
Maybe you should save this post for after six more wins. That's when tears will come to my eyes.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What an embellishment :lol: Thank you Eager for your moronics.

I really can't imagine that somebody is going to beat this team in a series right now.
Had a few tears in my eyes too realising about 1 hour after the game that we maybe have our best chance ever to win it all.
Unreal. It's coming closer and closer, just win 2 games out of the next 5 (and 6 out of 12 games :mrgreen: )
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

I am believing but we ain't there yet. Getting closer for sure and playing and going in the right direction for sure.

I didn't know how to feel, knowing we won the game 5 minutes before it ended....I am out of my comfort zone...lol.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It was a little weird when the announcers said that we're 6 wins away from the Cup, but I've seen this show for too long.

Great win tonight, but San Jose will be a LOT tougher at home, and could take the next 2 games. The games are only going to get harder from here on in.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Great win tonight, but San Jose will be a LOT tougher at home, and could take the next 2 games. The games are only going to get harder from here on in.
Eastern teams don't 'mpress me much. That said, the Sharks will be back in their barn and we're pretty wretched there, so this could be a long tough series.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

What a great win.It had everything a hockey fan wanted. It's always great to celebrate a Gordie Howe Hattrick too.

Eager is nothing but pure bush league. While I cringed when he nailed Daniel, I hope they keep him in the line up. He really cost his team.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!