R2G4 - Canucks @ Preds - 5:30 - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: R2G4 - Canucks @ Preds - 5:30 - CBC, VS

Post by Linden Is God »

HUGE 5 on 3 kill.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Great game tonight. We overcame their stifling game plan and owned the play for most of the game.

No way Nashville wins 3 straight, so let's finish it on Saturday! :drink:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Linden Is God wrote:HUGE 5 on 3 kill.
you mean 3 on 5....lets see you try to hack my account now bbbbbbeaaaaatch 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Tiger wrote: "When the going gets tough.. the tough get going".. So all of you have picked North American players as the stand outs? No swedes ..
How prophetic, Tiger. And how does that CROW taste ? Want some salt with that ?

Sedins, even if you ignore the goals/assists and +/- had a very good game.

Obviously the series is a long way from being over, but a great game tonight, and for the umpteenth time this year we showed we could win the close games. Not that we win all close games, but we certainly win our share, which is all you can ask.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

dr.dork wrote:
Tiger wrote: "When the going gets tough.. the tough get going".. So all of you have picked North American players as the stand outs? No swedes ..
How prophetic, Tiger. And how does that CROW taste ? Want some salt with that ?

Sedins, even if you ignore the goals/assists and +/- had a very good game.

Obviously the series is a long way from being over, but a great game tonight, and for the umpteenth time this year we showed we could win the close games. Not that we win all close games, but we certainly win our share, which is all you can ask.
Hey .. you guys were the ones picking outstanding players.. and yes I am glad the Sedins ( specially Hank ) got on track.. Though it was again a Kesler show :) even though the Preds top D unit played against his line all night ..

Tonights fickle finger ... was pointed at Cody Hodgson.. who was again a - player.. and now is a -3 for the playoffs ( and he isnt' a swede :)...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

It ain't over til it's over but I'm pretty damn happy with a 3-1 lead in the series. Kesler has been great, but the improvement in tonight's game between Henrik and Daniel is a possible sign of things to come. (at least I hope)

As for Hodgson, he's a rookie, and AV is pretty obvious with his lack of confidence in him so far in this series and perhaps the playoffs.

How I feel about this series is I just want to get through it and prepare for the next one, no matter who the opponents are. They now have given themselves a cushion to get it done on Saturday at home and then I can start watching live hockey again! 8-) :drink: :thumbs:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Arachnid wrote:
lets see you try to hack my account now bbbbbbeaaaaatch 8-)
What do you mean by this?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Tonights fickle finger ... was pointed at Cody Hodgson.. who was again a - player.. and now is a -3 for the playoffs ( and he isnt' a swede :)...
Yeah, tough being on the ice when Luongo lets one from the blue line go between his legs...

Twins are waking up, although Henrik is obviously hurt.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote:
Yeah, tough being on the ice when Luongo lets one from the blue line go between his legs...
Yep, can't blame that one on Hodgson.

And Kesler has been the best player, there is no denying that, but the guy had horseshoes up his butt last night. The "broken stick" assist was priceless, and Burrows did all the hard work on Henrik's empty netter although Kesler got an assist.

By the way, I didn't watch the matchups a lot last night but I thought Weber and Suter were mainly on against the Sedins, although given their ice time (Weber+Suter) maybe they were on for a lot of Kesler's and the Sedin's shifts.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Love being up 3-1 coming home. Nice.

An interesting tale of two streaks:

Currently-hot Ryan Kesler goes inside out on a pair of Preds defenders (one of them Norris nominee Shea Weber) and wires a shot low, inside the post to score.

Currently-not Daniel Sedin gets a great cross-ice feed from Hank on a 2-on-1 and can't beat Rinne as he slid across.

It's amazing what confidence will do. If Kesler were struggling, he most-likely would have shot that puck before trying split the D, or even simply chipped it in the corner. Conversely, a relaxed Daniel probably puts that puck right up under the bar or even pulls it across and slides it in the empty net.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Linden Is God wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
lets see you try to hack my account now bbbbbbeaaaaatch 8-)
What do you mean by this?
He means that he thinks someone here is actually interested in hacking into this account... :lol: Like anyone gives a shit.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

LotusBlossom wrote:
He means that he thinks someone here is actually interested in hacking into this account... :lol: Like anyone gives a shit.
I was hoping he wasn't accusing me of trying to do so. While I spend a lot of time on my computer, I know jack about hacking.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Linden Is God wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
I was hoping he wasn't accusing me of trying to do so. While I spend a lot of time on my computer, I know jack about hacking.
We all spend a lot of time on computers,we live in a digital age...unfortunately some of us have a stone age way of thinking....but I digress. :)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

LotusBlossom wrote: I was hoping he wasn't accusing me of trying to do so. While I spend a lot of time on my computer, I know jack about hacking.
We all spend a lot of time on computers,we live in a digital age...unfortunately some of us have a stone age way of thinking....but I digress. :)[/quote]

So......GO CANUCKS GO!!?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!