R2G2 - Canucks host Preds - 6pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

R2G2 - Canucks host Preds - 6pm - CBC, VS

Post by Cornuck »

More of the same please - Rinne has to crack at some point.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: R2G2 - Canucks host Preds - 6pm - CBC, VS

Post by the toucan kid »

Could go for a more exciting game than the last... just saying.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:Could go for a more exciting game than the last... just saying.
Then we better hope the Predators show up. The Canucks dominated that game.

Canucks will need to get more traffic to Rinne and stay away from his glove. Keep outside shots low, go for tips and rebounds. Tonight would be a fine time for the Sedins to break out...

4-2 Vancouver.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

3-1 Canucks. Fisher for the Preda-turds. Daniel, BXA and Kesler (empty netter).
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well I kinda hope they do too... I almost want a more open game, because THAT system in front of THAT goaltender is a bit scary in today's pliable game.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:
Well I kinda hope they do too... I almost want a more open game, because THAT system in front of THAT goaltender is a bit scary in today's pliable game.
That's exactly what the Predators don't want. They open up, they die. Rinne looks good because he is well-insulated. The Preds block out very well, they collapse, they don't allow any easy rebounds or tips. If they want to leave wingers high or dog it on the backcehck that's fine by me.

The Canucks should win this series, they are better (statistically) everywhere but goal tending, and that is a toss-up come playoff time. IMO, the Canucks should stay the course. If the Preds open up, great... score more goals. If they don't, Luongo can stop 19/20 or 24/25 and we can win some 2-1 games.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

[quote="Island Nucklehead"Rinne looks good because he is well-insulated. [/quote]

Rinne looks good because he is good. Lightning fast glove hand, well positioned - not many weaknesses.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That's exactly what the Predators don't want. They open up, they die. Rinne looks good because he is well-insulated. The Preds block out very well, they collapse, they don't allow any easy rebounds or tips. If they want to leave wingers high or dog it on the backcehck that's fine by me.
I actually agree, I think Rinne is that good, and that they're playing a style where they think he can steal a couple, and maybe they get lucky once. I'm not sure they're out to lunch.
The Canucks should win this series, they are better (statistically) everywhere but goal tending, and that is a toss-up come playoff time.
I concur, except that goaltending could turn the tide. I don't THINK so, but it remains my concern.

Basically, what it comes down to is that I don' think at this point Luongo is anything but good... not great.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Kesler is possessed! Glad he's on our side. :D
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We may well get by a feckless Nashville team with efforts like this, but with passivity of this sort and what we're getting from the Twins, if we even try this next round, we will get FUCKED up.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Oh and, you can say all you want you can't blame Luongo for result pending , but Luongo is NOT a great goalie and he never will be. He doesn't have it. I've seen far too many oops moments now. Let's hope he's good enough and the team regains its superiority, because that was always the premise with which we thought we had a chance at the Cup. Lou isn't our best shot, the team is supposed to be.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hey Touc - who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? ;)

Nashville is boring us to sleep. The goal woke us up and I think we have the advantage going into OT, despite being horribly outshot.

We just need to shoot from closer than 30 feet and we'll be fine.

Note: Maybe the CBC announcers and graphics team didn't need to CONSTANTLY remind us how long it had been since Luongo let in a goal. Even a 6 year old know not to talk about a shutout, but these guys were mentioning it every 2 fuckin' minutes!

Anyways, we expect the Sedins to be tightly checked in the playoffs and see their production drop. That's why we have 4 lines. I don't care if they don't score another goal for rest of the playoffs as long as we're winning.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Statistics count nothing esp. if it's shots. Never had the feeling so far the Canucks can lose this. Rinne is alien-like but Kesler will do the gwg. :rockin:

And if Rinne will let one in, he isn't great anymore? I guess you have to get 4 shutouts in a series to be considered a great goalie... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Will someone please put a f*cking bullet in Glen Healey. J* C*. What a f*cking moron. "The Predators dominated for three periods" - did we watch the same game?

I hate losing to goalie-only teams more than just about ANYTHING.

Whoever said the Preds are putting us to sleep is dead right. We gain the zone CONSTANTLY. The Preds almost never come at you unless you cough it up on your own side of centre. I can't believe that guy (whoever it was) gets 2 shots in the game and he gets that kind of shot off. Crap. Well it took me about 1.3 games to hate Nashville...

More ranting: if Weber and Suter are allowed to cross-check the Sedins in half every shift then why do we even have refs?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm missed the memo where the league said that playoff reffing is called looser than regular season. I'm not bitching - this game was even, but I feel like I've been in a Hot Tub Time Machine and sent back to an era when mugging and interference are legal.

Once again, we're up against an all-world goalie and seeing what happened in the East last year with Halak. Still - Fuck Rinne and the Preds.

Nice to see the Sedins show up for OT. Maybe they'll be back for the rest of the series?

I'm very confident that we can beat these bastards and move on.