Canucks - Preds - Predictions?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many games for round 2?

Canucks in 4
6%
Canucks in 5
28%
Canucks in 6
67%
Canucks in 7
No votes
Preds in 7
No votes
Preds in 6
No votes
Preds in 5
No votes
Preds in 4
No votes

Total votes: 18

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks - Preds - Predictions?

Post by Cornuck »

No time to celebrate this one - Round 2 Game 1 starts tomorrow night at 6pm Pacific.

Here's a link to the Preds' board on this series.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks - Preds - Predictions?

Post by Cornuck »

The Preds have good D and a great goalie, but the Ducks got past that and scored a lot of goals in Round 1.

Once again, I think our depth is an advantage. If Luongo has stabilized, he should be a force for the rest of the playoffs. We're still fairly healthy, and although some rest would be nice - we have no choice.

Our forwards are better, but once again the Sedins will face heavy checking. That leaves more opportunity for everyone else.

Canucks in 6. I won't be surprised if we lose game 1. There could be a 'round 1 hangover' going on in Canuckland.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I wonder what determines when each series start, TV ??

The Canucks will fair better against Nashville than they did aginst the Hawks IMO. Rinne is very good but to be honest Crawford looked every bit as good. The Preds depend on their system and if they fall behind the door will open IMO
cheers
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Not giving any specific predictions publicly, i want the Canucks to win the series, that's all. If the hangover lasts for 2 games like last round i'll be ok. :roll:

It starts equal, both with the same chances and let's see where the pendulum swings...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

If last night marked the night where the Canucks "grew"......in terms of their mental toughness, then I think the Canucks will take it in 5. And I say this to not disrespect Nashville, but because I think the Canucks simply have too much talent for the Preds. Canucks match the Preds in terms of defensive prowess, and Luongo should be able to play as well as PR.....since Nashville, unlike Chicago, doesn't have a history of having completely mindfucking Luongo.

I think this series will boil down to the Canucks.....and whether they take "breathers" or not (i.e. think Edmonton regular season, back-to-back, and Games 4 and 5 of last series). How the Canucks deal with their "emotional hangover" will come into play.

If all is well, the Canucks should take this in 5. However - since I do not want to disrespect the Hockey Gods at what they might perceive to be arrogance, along with the fact that I think the Preds are better than I'm giving credit (although I DID pick the Preds to beat the Ducks), I think this series goes to the Canucks in 6 games.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I said 5 games.

Why did I say 5 games ? Well, I had a panic attack during game 6 and hit my panic button so hard I broke it. Luckily I was calm and collected during game 7 (aka self medicated with beer) so I didn't need the panic button. And if the Canucks dispatch the Preds in 5 I am hoping I won't need my panic button.

So it is either 5 games or I am moving closer to the beer store. Take your pick hockey gods.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

So it is either 5 games or I am moving closer to the beer store. Take your pick hockey gods.
I would just move closer anyway...

I said 6. I expect a tight, hard fought, but eventually won series.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

The Preds have good D and a great goalie, but the Ducks got past that and scored a lot of goals in Round 1
Ducks have a lot stronger , tougher first line than the Canucks do.. Sedin's have been disappointing so far. Thank god for depth scoring and the "new" 2nd line.. Kesler and Burrows carried the team most of the last series. We didn't do that well against the Preds in the regular season because they are a great disciplined defensive team with a great goaltender. They have found the offence button in the playoffs so its going to be an interesting series.

If the Sedins play as well defensively as they did in game 7 we will win it in 5 or 6 ( my prediction ) . If not we aren't going far in the playoffs and may lose this series..I have no doubts that our 2, 3 and 4 lines will put in 100 % and are superior to Nashvilles.. Luongo will have to play a strong game too but is capable of matching their goaltending.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Canucks in 6, in which may be the lowest scoring series of all time. Really, I wonder what's the lowest total goals in a series is?

From now on, can we refer to Nashville as the Predaturds?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Preds.JPG
Preds.JPG (44.63 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Vancouver Canucks (1) vs. Nashville Predators (5)
Thursday, April 28 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, April 30 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Tuesday, May 3 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
Thursday, May 5 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Saturday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Monday, May 9 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Wednesday, May 11 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Canuck-One wrote:Vancouver Canucks (1) vs. Nashville Predators (5)
Thursday, April 28 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, April 30 at Vancouver, 9:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
Tuesday, May 3 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
Thursday, May 5 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Saturday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS
*Monday, May 9 at Nashville, TBD CBC, VERSUS
*Wednesday, May 11 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS
Detroit's been sitting on their collective asses until Friday but the Canucks just played last night and are the first ones to go..lol And why doesn't Nashville not have start times? Seriously? Gotta love the NHL

scheduling :?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

...Montreal & Boston playing back to back nights?!?

Why not Tampa & Pitt tonight......Mtl & Bos tomorrow....you could even have San Jose & Detroit start tomorrow as well (nothing wrong w/ game 1 in the west happening the same night as game 7 in the east; not like it has an effect on each other). Scheduling is a disgrace. Van & Nash could have started Fri.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

ClamRussel wrote:...Montreal & Boston playing back to back nights?!?

Why not Tampa & Pitt tonight......Mtl & Bos tomorrow....you could even have San Jose & Detroit start tomorrow as well (nothing wrong w/ game 1 in the west happening the same night as game 7 in the east; not like it has an effect on each other). Scheduling is a disgrace. Van & Nash could have started Fri.
Montreal and Boston had to play back to back because they had a gap of three days after the third game, I think. So they had to play back to back to finish in time and not delay round two (don't want to play in july and all that).

I don't know about the weird 6:00 pm start times (probably so it isn't too late in the east). But playing every other day shouldn't be a huge deal.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

dr.dork wrote:
I don't know about the weird 6:00 pm start times (probably so it isn't too late in the east). But playing every other day shouldn't be a huge deal
All about maximizing all viewership out east. Not a bad idea really, since it's the only game on tonight.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde