R1G5- Canucks host Hawks -7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: R1G5- Canucks host Hawks -7pm - CBC, VS

Post by the toucan kid »

And for those that think we're doomed even if we win this series, nope. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. If it is mental and we get through this, then that will make us stronger for the rest of the playoffs.
Definitely concur.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Puck wrote:
arachnid wrote:I'm beginning to think it's time for a coaching change, Q is out coaching him once again. We have the talent....
I'm usually the last one to admit this, but I'm getting this feeling, too. With our talent-level, how can we not be properly prepared mentally and tactically for this Hawks team? :|
I questioned shaking up a winning lineup as well. Why? Just tell Torres he'll get his chance when the team has a poor outing. Why the hate-on for Ballard? He is completely underutilized and has been all season long. How is Rome a better forward option than Oreskovich? I don't get any of these moves to be honest. Forget the players, I think Q is getting in AV's head.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Forget the players, I think Q is getting in AV's head.
My only beef with your post is that if anything, AV has always been to reactive as a coach. Remember all those irritating line shifts of years past? I don't think Q has anything to do with it.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

For goodness sakes why all the panic! Canucks in 6 was a very realistic goal and guess what, it's going to be Canucks in 6! I'm glad I don't know some of you nervous nellies in real life.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Its called years and years of watching this movie. No one would be down here if the team had shown up, worked hard & lost. If in fact they do have the flu (which it sounds like they do) then that would explain alot. However since the Canucks haven't discussed that one is left to naturally assume they've been mailing it in for 2 games.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

ClamRussel wrote:No one would be down here if the team had shown up, worked hard & lost.
Exactly, there's a difference between losing and losing. My prediction was 4:2 in this series too but not that way.... There's a reason why all fans really have a cause to panic because if they're keepin' on this no-show it'll be 4:3 Chi.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Canuck-One wrote:For goodness sakes why all the panic! Canucks in 6 was a very realistic goal and guess what, it's going to be Canucks in 6! I'm glad I don't know some of you nervous nellies in real life.

Yea you should have seen me going in real life. I was swearing like a drunk pirate being forced back to sea.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson