GDT: R1G3 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm -CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G3 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm -CBC, VS

Post by Cookie La Rue »

the toucan kid wrote:
The evidence is already here, 75% will do nothing. Do you still think Chicago is pretty bad ?
Yes.

And did that look to you like 75? Didn't to me.
Ok i don't know what you're smoking but it must be good.

ps: sorry if this is ungentle but have you ever played this game, do you have any clue about the points that count ?
Hey, don't get misguided by the awful media, i just watched any second of every game, most of it pretty objective because i knew the score and the reports. Nevertheless i'm pretty optimistic that we're get it done in this series. 1. No obvious goalie faults and 2. we stroke last with a bunch of hate in the 3rd. Go Canucks Go.

ps: even the first period of game 1 wasn't as good as i thought by the reports...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

sorry if this is ungentle but have you ever played this game, do you have any clue about the points that count ?
No offense, but you're the guy pissing his pants about being up 3-1

I played as a kid until I was 18, don't think that is worth a damn, and frankly, other than real pros, I find it a bit funny when people bring up their "game" experience as being relevant. Frankly when it comes to commentators I find ex-players to the most reductive and bland when it comes to insight. I'm mean I know plenty of guys who played university hockey, some junior guys, and they aren't very smart when they're watching a game on TV. Really players just try mystify something that is nothing more than a sport.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I don't know what you really want to tell me, but claiming the Canucks played under 75% and Chicago won that shit because they are fucking bad is..moron. Sorry.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Toucan said... before last game..
Look it hasn't been a physical series, and that's not why we're winning. The CBC panel addressed the Scott dressing last night and criticized it for being a sorry, and lame shakeup, almost to the point of demoralizing the Hawks further. I think it was Hrudy who, wisely, pointed out what would the attitude be amongst the team's best players "yeah, THAT guy is really going to help." And he did NOTHING, except help us, and he didn't even get on the ice.

Chicago is a pushover physically, we don't need "toughness" to win this one.
LOL .. its all about being physical.. this is the playoffs.. we outhit the first 3 games.. we win 3. Chicago outhits us last game and gave us a beating . Last game the goats of the game were our highly skilled but non hitting Swedes.. Bollands line hits and took it to the Sedin line.. result ? 4 goals for the Bolland line .. none for the Sedins..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Tiger wrote:Toucan said... before last game..
Look it hasn't been a physical series, and that's not why we're winning. The CBC panel addressed the Scott dressing last night and criticized it for being a sorry, and lame shakeup, almost to the point of demoralizing the Hawks further. I think it was Hrudy who, wisely, pointed out what would the attitude be amongst the team's best players "yeah, THAT guy is really going to help." And he did NOTHING, except help us, and he didn't even get on the ice.

Chicago is a pushover physically, we don't need "toughness" to win this one.
LOL .. its all about being physical.. this is the playoffs.. we outhit the first 3 games.. we win 3. Chicago outhits us last game and gave us a beating . Last game the goats of the game were our highly skilled but non hitting Swedes.. Bollands line hits and took it to the Sedin line.. result ? 4 goals for the Bolland line .. none for the Sedins..
Tiger, you are wasting your time trying to convince Toucan. He refuses to acknowledge the importance of hitting and physicality in todays game. Even in the playoffs he won't admit (or believe) it.
If you look back a couple of months you'll see where I spent lots of time and effort in an attempt to prove to Toucan the same points that you're making now ... to no avail. Everybody else sees it, he doesn't. I've given up on him.

By the way Toucan, all that quoting you did of the CBC boys ... mediaspeak. :lol: To quote you.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Anyone who thinks physical play hasn't had a definite impact on this series is out of their mind. It creates momentum swings and sustains pressure, it forces turnovers, and (unfortunately for the Hawks) it causes injuries. It has had an impact in every game so far, and that's not going to stop (in this series at least).

Of course you're not going to scare anyone with hitting, these are professional athletes that have played this game at the highest levels since they could walk. But when a 220 pound man launches into you at 40 miles an hour, it hurts and it makes it very difficult to keep the puck or make a nice clean play. It's not about scaring anyone, it's about making playing hockey that much more difficult for the opposition.

Anyways... the Canucks will have to bring more speed and a better forcheck into tonights game. The Sedins were awful last time out, don't think that will continue...
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Of course you're not going to scare anyone with hitting
Anyone not named Bryan Campbell. I'm amazed to what degree he avoids the puck to save himself from any body contact. Thats what got him badly hurt against Ovechkin a couple of years ago. Equally as important as delivering a check is learning how to absorb one. Its part of the game.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Anyone who thinks physical play hasn't had a definite impact on this series is out of their mind.
I appreciate the diagnosis.

Well, the only thing I seem to be hearing is that Torres' hit worked against us, so if that's the value, keep me out of it.
It's not about scaring anyone, it's about making playing hockey that much more difficult for the opposition.
You mean when Bieksa pinches at will and let's sharp get behind him for a breakaway just because he wanted to get a pop from the crowd? Thanks, I'd rather he stay tight and just try, for once, to keep the Hawks from cutting through the neutral zone with that, actually important part of the game, speed.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

How would Grabner look right about now?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

How would Grabner look right about now?
Yeah, it's proven to be a bad move, alas, I backed it at the time, so I can't fault MG.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:How would Grabner look right about now?
Oh shut up... :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)