R1G4 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: R1G4 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm - CBC, VS

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Obviously the Hawks had the ref in their pockets all night.

Anyonr thats ever watched a single period of hockey could see that.

Anyone that didnt expect this is naieve.

Basicly an insult to hockey fans everywhere.

If the refs try this sh_t in Van there'll be a riot.

Side note Ron McLeaN IS AN SIISSy.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

woodhog wrote:Tiger .... Dork had some good advise and ... you ignored it? Flat out laughed at it? Bad Tiger. :cry:
Guilty as charged your honor.. :( Rocket Richard is rolling in his grave and threatening to singlehandedly whoop ass on all the Canucks... Maybe exception of Hansen / Torres line.. rest just simply bent down ...and took it .. with not much fight back. First 2 games we came out hitting and outhit Chicago by a big margin and result was we were a far better team overall.. 3rd game hits were about even and it was an even game except for Luongo who made key saves to give us the game..
This Game??? Outhit and outplayed from the get go.. All the Sedins had to do was look at Bolland in the lineup and they gave up.. Lou was not good.. Bieksa let Bickel run around him to get the first goal .. AV should have pulled Lou earlier. Maybe at end of 2nd?

Looks a lot like melt downs in the past? .... Tonights Canucks showed nothing like a team that was headed for a Stanley..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

In all honesty, this scares the bejeezus out of me. We only won the games we won by 2, 1, and 1 goals respectively. To go out tonight and lose by 5?!?!? Flipping scary. This lets the 'Hawks back in it, as far as I'm concerned. Had they lost in OT or by 1 or 2, fine. but 5!?!? Well, I'm mad as Hell. I hope the Canucks are too. Forget what I said a couple days ago about cool and collected, I'll take hate now, thank you. :evil:

The *only* thing I find positive about this is that we thumped Chicago in game 1 last year and it had very little impact on the series. The 'Hawks realised they played like crap and came out and won 4 of the next 5 games.

Meanwhile I knew that the non-suspension to Torres would do nothing but hurt us (from NHL.COM):

Toews also admitted that the NHL in fact gave the Hawks added motivation by not suspending Torres for his shoulder-to-head hit on Chicago defenseman Brent Seabrook in Game 3. Seabrook did not play in Game 4 but Torres was in the lineup.

"I adds insult to injury when we don't get the decision we want," Toews said. "You're not going to lay down and let that team take four games in a row from you, especially when they pull stunts like that. We went out there and played for every single guy, including Seabs, and showed what we can do when we have that motivation."
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

This team is once again showing, it's ugly under belly. Their lackluster play, and not taking things seriously. Yes, they will probably win game 5, but should have took it in 4. I really doubt they'll make it to the final dance this year. They still have a lot to learn. I'm just hoping for 3rd round this year...

On the plus side, at least I am not a SJ fan....LA is giving problems...and they might not make it past them.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Well, at least in a stinker like this, you know it was nothing near your best. Better than working really hard and being dismantled - that would be much more demoralizing.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Certainly a let down, and with a bounce here or there the series could easily be 2-2 or 3-1 Hawks. But it isn't, it is 3-1 Canucks. Time to pull up the socks and come out on thursday like we did in game 1.

More than a few Canucks and Canuck fans thought this game would be easy and that Chicago had given up. Apparently they haven't and it shouldn't be surprising since the core has big fat cup rings on their fingers.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

let's go back to talking about the Torres hit, ok?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I'm glad we took a beating. If we had of lost by a goal we wouldn't be doing something about it. The only time we have really been dominant in this series was period one of game one. Oh we've had our moments but really we haven't played well. Right from the get go tonight you could see which team wanted it and it wasn't ours. An almost complete lack of forecheck, slow and sloppy passes, no gap control, geez they stunk and boom the Hawks whacked 'em for it. Now that, that has happened, we will be flying on Thursday and this series will be over.
trouble

Post by trouble »

My 2 Cents

The Canucks came out flat.. No motivation, Not prepared... They thought they could coast through the game and still win, Turn it on in the third and snatch a win.

As much as i would have liked to see the Canucks win in four i knew deap down it would not happen. Chicago is still a pretty good team and has some pride.

Now with that said... This was good for the Canucks to get a beat down and remember they need to play hard every shift to be a champion.

Watch for The Canucks to come out Flying in Game 5 on Thursday

Trouble :mex:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

PANIC! Oh my god, some of you are hilarious :lol:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Yeah, got to admit I'm panicking a bit Touc, sure. Trouble is, if I recall correctly, you've been a Canucks fan since about 1990. Having been watching since about 1973, I still find it hard to believe we won the President's Trophy and that while we've seen them battle back very well this one regular season, my faith is still a pretty thin veneer. This Hawks team seems to find ways to unravel us and I won't pretend that the series is in a much different place than it was going into game 4. I'm more concerned about what this game meant for Chicago's state-of-mind than what it meant for Vancouver's. It seemed like Chicago was starting to feel like they were outclassed - any chance of that is now gone. My big fear now is a well-fought, tight loss by the 'Nucks on Thursday leading into a game six in Chicago. But, I'll try to settle down and relax, though it's not my forte 8-)

The only saving grace here, as I stated above, is it's better to be blown out in a bad effort game than be dismantled in one where the effort was high.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The only saving grace here, as I stated above, is it's better to be blown out in a bad effort game than be dismantled in one where the effort was high.
The only saving grace is that we're up 3-1 and haven't played a full game yet. There's nothing to worry about, this team has always bounced back this year.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

More than a few Canucks and Canuck fans thought this game would be easy and that Chicago had given up. Apparently they haven't and it shouldn't be surprising since the core has big fat cup rings on their fingers.
Interesting. That had all the appearance of a "we know we're done, but let's play for pride" loose and easy performance. Might be wrong, but I don't think they can comeback, or at least I don't think anyone but Jonathan Toews thinks so.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I would like nothing more than for you to be absolutely right, Toucan.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote:
Interesting. That had all the appearance of a "we know we're done, but let's play for pride" loose and easy performance. Might be wrong, but I don't think they can comeback, or at least I don't think anyone but Jonathan Toews thinks so.
Obviously Chicago is in a really tough spot. They have to win twice in Vancouver and must win three (more) in a row against a team that hasn't lost three in a row since I can't remember when. The margin for error (or bad luck) for the 'hawks is basically zero. On the other hand, Chicago is in a better place than they were two days ago simply because down 3-1 is better than down 3-0.

I'm not panicking and I am pretty happy to have the Canucks at home with a 3-1 series lead.