R1G1 - Canucks host Hawks - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: R1G1 - Canucks host Hawks - 7pm - CBC

Post by the toucan kid »

Torres in, Hodgson out. Raymond at center.
Is that for real? Idiotic if so.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Gonna be a tough tough decision now. Both Oreskovich and Hodgson have played VERY well in their roles! Obviously Rome comes out now but who when Samuelsson returns. The other issue is who moves down to the 4th line, Torres? Raymond?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Gonna be a tough tough decision now. Both Oreskovich and Hodgson have played VERY well in their roles! Obviously Rome comes out now but who when Samuelsson returns. The other issue is who moves down to the 4th line, Torres? Raymond?
Who cares about Raffi Torres? He won't be back next year and played well about a sixth of the season. I would let him wait until someone plays themselves out or the team needs a shakeup first - might motivate his sorry ass anyway.

He got himself taken out of the lineup with his dumb hit, and his stupid excuse about not having a job if he doesn't make that hit was all the more annoying from a guy who has in the past admitted that he doesn't try hard enough game to game (aka "focus" if you want the media speak euphemism).

Players don't deserve lineup spots because of their body types.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
Who cares about Raffi Torres? He won't be back next year and played well about a sixth of the season. I would let him wait until someone plays themselves out or the team needs a shakeup first - might motivate his sorry ass anyway.

He got himself taken out of the lineup with his dumb hit, and his stupid excuse about not having a job if he doesn't make that hit was all the more annoying from a guy who has in the past admitted that he doesn't try hard enough game to game (aka "focus" if you want the media speak euphemism).

Players don't deserve lineup spots because of their body types.
I'd have to agree that Torres should sit until either (a) one of the wingers has a bad game. Or (b) the Canucks lose a game and AV wants to shake things up.
Things are going pretty well right now and if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Like you say, it might motivate him to be more "focused" in the future.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

According to HNIC, AV says Torres WILL be in tomorrow. Didn't say who'll be out.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

According to HNIC, AV says Torres WILL be in tomorrow. Didn't say who'll be out.
Predictable and dumb. Hopefully Torres is a better playoff performer than in the regular season. I can't remember how was he for Edmonton back when they went to the finals, because he did nothing for Buffalo last year...?
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
Predictable and dumb. Hopefully Torres is a better playoff performer than in the regular season. I can't remember how was he for Edmonton back when they went to the finals, because he did nothing for Buffalo last year...?
At least if he doesn't pull his weight, AV could replace him next game. I just don't see why AV would want to mess with success.
Player loyalty I guess.
I'll bet he comes out crashing and banging.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Lets hope so. Odds are he learned from his benching in Buffalo, he's gotta play w/ fire in his belly & a chip on his shoulder.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy