GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

2 games left - who cares less? The players or the fans?

Once again we pray to the Hockey Gods for an injury free game.

Edler will be in the line up tonight, not sure who's replacing Torres at this point.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - Snet

Post by Tiger »

Be good to see Edler back in the lineup.. and hopefully the rest of the Canucks will show up too :) Sedin's might be interested again as league MVP is on the line.. and Perry looks like the guy that will get it ..

Of more interest to me is the colorado / Dallas matchup.. Gooo Dallas .. ( and keep Chitown outta the playoffs )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Now that Perry has ruined the potential 1/2 in scoring and taken the Hart - another reason to hate a guy I already despise, although not in the same vein as my previous gripes - there is no reason to care about these games. Won't watch, but just don't get hurt guys.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:Now that Perry has ruined the potential 1/2 in scoring and taken the Hart - another reason to hate a guy I already despise, although not in the same vein as my previous gripes - there is no reason to care about these games. Won't watch, but just don't get hurt guys.
Yeah, Perry is one of those guys that everyone else hates but his teammates and fans love. Would love him on the Canucks but since he's on the Ducks - I hate him.

Disagree that there's no reason to care about the final 2 games. The Art Ross Trophy is still up for grabs and with a lot of luck Henrik still has a slim chance at 2nd place. Then, there's the injury and suspension possibilities to watch for.
Preseason games don't mean much either but I watch every game I can. Love this game - love this team.

But, that's just me. If you don't care, wait till next week. All kinds of fair weather fans will come out of the woodwork then.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Toucan, some of the great things that you missed tonight include:

- Mason Raymond breaking out of his slump with 2 goals. Good timing. We'll need him in the playoffs.

- Ryan Kessler's hat trick, including his 40th of the year. He was also in a bit of a goal scoring slump.

- Luongo's great saves leading to his 4th shutout this year. He also leads the league in wins.

- Edler looking very good in his 1st game in 2 1/2 months with 18:59 TOI, 4 hits and 2 blocks.

- Daniel getting 2 points to put some space between himself and Cory Perry.

- Manny Malholtra appearing in the pregame ceremony to accept (but not touch) the President's Trophy with Hank (very classy of the team). He got a standing ovation.

- Jannick Hansen very deservedly won the unsung hero award.

- The unveiling of the statue of Roger Neilson holding the towel aloft outside Roger's Arena. (I know your not one for the sentimental stuff but I thought this was another very classy move by the Canucks.)

One more to go.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Good post, Woodhog.

A good confidence booster, but it came against a depleted Wild team and an 'off' Backstrom.

Still, a good game with few mistakes.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Agree Woodhog.. wouldn't have missed this game . A few special minutes for awards plus Maholtra.. then Kesler and Raymond both breaking the slump bigtime . Luongo in a great groove.. Plus Edler back and hitting :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

woodhog wrote: - Manny Malholtra appearing in the pregame ceremony to accept (but not touch) the President's Trophy with Hank (very classy of the team). He got a standing ovation.
They should have touched the trophy, they earned it.

I would have liked to see this game... oh well.

I like Hanson's win also, for some reason I seem to pull more for certain guys and he was one of them.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

All kinds of fair weather fans will come out of the woodwork then.
Well, I can't exactly be accused of that.
- The unveiling of the statue of Roger Neilson holding the towel aloft outside Roger's Arena. (I know your not one for the sentimental stuff but I thought this was another very classy move by the Canucks.)
Actually, I am all for things like that. Glad to hear about it, I shall have to check it out next time I'm in town and go to a game.

Nice to see Kesler get 40, but after what looked like a fifty goal season, that's a bit of a letdown somehow. Hopefully that will jump start his production for the playoffs because we're going to need it. As for Raymond, anything we get from him at this point is a bonus.

Saw Malhotra on the hi-lights, which was a nice touch.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:
All kinds of fair weather fans will come out of the woodwork then.
Well, I can't exactly be accused of that.
Sorry, didn't really mean to lump you in with the wagon jumpers. :)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

woodhog wrote: - The unveiling of the statue of Roger Neilson holding the towel aloft outside Roger's Arena. (I know your not one for the sentimental stuff but I thought this was another very classy move by the Canucks.)
I like it too but is it where the rollie was before ? They put him away or are both standing together right now ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'