GDT: Canucks host Avs - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Avs - 7pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

One more point to lock in the division and playoff spot.

The Canucks are hot right now, and the Avs are the exact opposite of that - which can be dangerous. The Avs would like to play spoiler and should be up for this game.

Cory gets the start.

The game is being streamed on Yahoo.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks host Avs - 7pm - Snet

Post by the toucan kid »

Basically I just want them to rest Luongo and get Hank into the second spot in overall scoring. Oh and not get hurt.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

just thinking,,, who would of thought that with 4 regular dmen out of the line up and playing a back up goaltender we are still the favorites to win this game.. ? Colorado has been decimated by injuries but will have a full team back for this game and would love to knock us off .. :) So, I am still betting the Canucks .. 4-2 .. without Edler, Salo, Beiksa, Alberts or Luongo !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Alberts wouldn't be regular on our depth chart... Although with Salo maybe we deserver a +1.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Salo is in for tonight's game - don't know why - we sure as hell don't want to rush him into anything.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Cornuck wrote:Salo is in for tonight's game - don't know why - we sure as hell don't want to rush him into anything.
:lol: He is there to kick in the 2nd Av's goal ... end of 1.. 2-0 Av's
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

So, I am still betting the Canucks .. 4-2 ..
:D great game by 4th line.. great 3rd period .. Sedin line ...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

two for Hank makes me happy.

Let's get this done, 1 and 2 would be truly remarkable, especially because it would have happened last year too if not for the injury. Not bad for a couple second liners.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:two for Hank makes me happy.

Let's get this done, 1 and 2 would be truly remarkable, especially because it would have happened last year too if not for the injury. Not bad for a couple second liners.
Well... it certainly woudln't happen this year without the injury to Crosby. Sid the Kid was on pace for a 132 point season, which would put him about 30 points clear of Daniel. It's obvious who the best player in hockey is... but the Sedins' stats speak volumes about their consistency.

Speaking of individual awards, Luongo should finish as a Vezina finalist this season. He's 3rd in save %, fourth in GAA, and second in wins. He's 9th in icetime, and has the best GAA and Save % of any goalie above him in that category. For a club that's on pace to smash franchise records and win a Presidents trophy, he should be up there. Nobody is knocking off Thomas though.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Logical comment: Not sure Sid would have maintained that pace through the tighter second-half, but no question he was having a terrific year. I'm pretty sure he would have won it fairly handily.

Emotional comment: Yeah Daniel! and keep it going Henrik!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well... it certainly woudln't happen this year without the injury to Crosby. Sid the Kid was on pace for a 132 point season, which would put him about 30 points clear of Daniel. It's obvious who the best player in hockey is... but the Sedins' stats speak volumes about their consistency.
No doubt. But it's still something amazing to see, something that will probably never happen again.

Luongo is getting into the discussion, but they care a lot about GAA and he's too far down. I don't think he'll get a nod.